Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    he does have a very unique voice, but there's only one kael'thas
    You're right, the current one, because the old one got removed lol.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Flynn still voices him in HotS and Warcraft 3, where Blizzard naturally didn't bother to change it.

Which made Kael'thas ironically one of the few characters that has had a consistent VA in every appearance.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-09-24 at 05:03 PM.

nah, you can't change a voice actor like that and purge it from people's minds, it doesn't work like that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Flynn still voices him in HotS and Warcraft, where Blizzard naturally didn't bother to change it.

Which made Kael'thas ironically one of the few characters that has had a consistent VA in every appearance.
    and of course they had to ruin it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    and of course they had to ruin it
    The paintings are replaced, all is well in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The paintings are replaced, all is well in the world
    there's so much more problematic stuff in the game, I think it can't be salvaged

the entire game has to be purged from existence

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it's difficult because i think you'd have to effectively replace voicelines, which isn't under allowed under the ToS as you are forbidden from modifying the game's data.
    You could play the the original lines at the same time, but i don't think you can override them.

In theory you go into your game's data files, delete the current voicelines, replace them with the original ones and you're set, but as said above, you're not allowed to do that.
    In overly complicated theory, there are addons that interact with your settings to switch off certain sounds in places predetermined by you. I don't think it would be too difficult to set it to mute Kael during his BC voice lines and then just play, from your own PC separate from the game, the OG voice clips. Would be a lot of work for little reward. Could also do it for the "Watch you clever mouth, bitch!" line.

The person I was replying to said that his career was ruined. I asked how his career was ruined exactly. His career wasn't ruined, he lost out on voice acting any new lines for a minor character in World of WarCraft. Whining about "cancel culture" is just whining about there being consequences for a person's actions. False accusations of any kind are really shitty, but that's not an excuse to stop holding people accountable.
    I doubt his future job opportunities will benefit from this fiasco, you are wrong about why people whine about cancel culture. It's more than just consequences its about censorship. Shame on blizzard for acting so hastily and not retracting their decision.