Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,768
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    he does have a very unique voice, but there's only one kael'thas
    You're right, the current one, because the old one got removed lol.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're right, the current one, because the old one got removed lol.
    Flynn still voices him in HotS and Warcraft 3, where Blizzard naturally didn't bother to change it.

    Which made Kael'thas ironically one of the few characters that has had a consistent VA in every appearance.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-09-24 at 05:03 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're right, the current one, because the old one got removed lol.
    nah, you can't change a voice actor like that and purge it from people's minds, it doesn't work like that

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Flynn still voices him in HotS and Warcraft, where Blizzard naturally didn't bother to change it.

    Which made Kael'thas ironically one of the few characters that has had a consistent VA in every appearance.
    and of course they had to ruin it

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    and of course they had to ruin it
    The paintings are replaced, all is well in the world
    Lives matter

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The paintings are replaced, all is well in the world
    there's so much more problematic stuff in the game, I think it can't be salvaged

    the entire game has to be purged from existence

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it's difficult because i think you'd have to effectively replace voicelines, which isn't under allowed under the ToS as you are forbidden from modifying the game's data.
    You could play the the original lines at the same time, but i don't think you can override them.

    In theory you go into your game's data files, delete the current voicelines, replace them with the original ones and you're set, but as said above, you're not allowed to do that.
    In overly complicated theory, there are addons that interact with your settings to switch off certain sounds in places predetermined by you. I don't think it would be too difficult to set it to mute Kael during his BC voice lines and then just play, from your own PC separate from the game, the OG voice clips. Would be a lot of work for little reward. Could also do it for the "Watch you clever mouth, bitch!" line.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The person I was replying to said that his career was ruined. I asked how his career was ruined exactly. His career wasn't ruined, he lost out on voice acting any new lines for a minor character in World of WarCraft. Whining about "cancel culture" is just whining about there being consequences for a person's actions. False accusations of any kind are really shitty, but that's not an excuse to stop holding people accountable.
    I doubt his future job opportunities will benefit from this fiasco, you are wrong about why people whine about cancel culture. It's more than just consequences its about censorship. Shame on blizzard for acting so hastily and not retracting their decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •