Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    I can’t believe the children on this website. Music is subjective people.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no soul
    I guess. There are a couple of tracks i do like, like a lot of the MoP stuff and i believe its the inn/bar at ratchet. But, imho, like 90% of the music is not really good.

Im just not a fan of horns and ceremonial/tribal drums
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

Love to see more tracks by David Arkenstone. The man is a !@#$ing genius!

9.1 actually has some of the best music in game, sanctum tracks are bonkers. such an overwhelming sense of dread inside my body w music on in raid.

OT: it's always funny when this topic comes up, because this is when people forget that legion had like 3 good tracks before 7.3 dropped and everyone was whining about the music being bad. there are some expansions where literally all the music is god tier, such as mop, and some that are all really hit or miss, such as bfa. i think SL has great music so far. maldraxxus is a little eh, but bastion's gorgeous, revendreth owns, and ardenweald is ardenweald. sanctum has one of the best soundtracks in game, hello bod parallels. idk, super good stuff to me.

idk why people think all of bfa had good music, i found every track on zandalar to be irritating, drustvar obviously godly, nazjatar obviously godly. tiragarde was fine, stormsong was a veto, and everything in 8.3 was real bad. if you're giving it to bfa solely because of nazjatar, that's kinda valid tho. zin-azshara is just the best track in game.

y'all can't seriously be so mad about everything related to wow that you're gonna start telling people they can't like its music, are you? really? please don't that's weird behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    One thing that is objective however is that WoW's music has become more and more forgettable as they stopped using nuance and tried to turn everything into a big orchestral piece
    what? i can think of two tracks from classic that are actually interesting musically. there can be ambient music that still at least has musicality going on, and classic has nostalgic value for sure, but most tracks are like 1m long and have a single melody. we can all cry about elwynn forest theme, but doesn't compare to something like the anduin theme from legion for example. big orchestral pieces have their place in wow, like antorus, wod, and sanctum, for high drama moments. bfa did ambient music that was incredibly boring for the most part, and i think that's for the best. wow has gone too far now to have ambient tracks and boar-slaying be the center of the game, idk.
    Professional glass cannon since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    One thing that is objective however is that WoW's music has become more and more forgettable as they stopped using nuance and tried to turn everything into a big orchestral piece
    You're talking about the lack of Russell Brower. The last expansion he did music for was WoD. After WoD he took a step back. IIRC he is only credited with doing occasional cinematic music now. Neal Acree and Glenn Stafford occasionally put out some good music, but the overall quality of WoW's expansions OSTs are just nowhere near as good as the pre-Legion era.

I'm surprised WoW never put out a vinyl collection.

Shadowlands music has been rather forgettable. I always preferred the more atmospheric vibes from Classic-WotLK that really sets up the tone of the zones, while newer expansions music often gets louder, overuses the orchestra bits and tries too hard to sound epic.

Except the Venthyr theme, all other tracks are so-so compared to WoD and even BFA ones...

Venthyr theme tho - absolutely great

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Music from Shadowlands: Chains of Domination
    Blizzard has uploaded the Chains of Domination Soundtrack to Youtube, which features over 2 hours of music from Patch 9.1!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Whether your journey takes you into Tazavesh, the Veiled Market, or into Korthia, the City of Secrets, the music of the Chains of Domination content update will guide your way.

Music from Shadowlands: Chains of Domination

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvBzk1u5F-0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

0:00:00 - Sanctum of Domination by David Arkenstone
    0:21:20 - Sanctum of Domination by Neal Acree
    0:32:37 - Tazavesh, the Veiled Market by Jake Lefkowitz
    0:56:47 - Korthia by Glenn Stafford
    1:11:32 - Korthia by Glenn Stafford and Derek Duke
    1:36:06 - Bastion - Uther by Glenn Stafford
    1:41:12 - Bastion - Uther Glenn Stafford and Tracy Bush
    1:47:19 - Maldraxxus - Draka/Go'el by Glenn Stafford
    2:03:45 - Revendreth - Sired by Jake Lefkowitz
    2:12:40 - Ardenweald - Night Warrior by Glenn Stafford
    2:16:30 - Zovaal by Neal Acree and David Arkenstone

Listen to the music on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, and Deezer.
    Does any one actually play with music enabled?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

WoW's music is just on another level compared to anything else, nothing beats it. but the graphical engine is aging & the more modern parts are too cartoony.