OCE Arena Titles, Conquest Cap Misleading Tooltip, Hotfixes - September 24

Burning Crusade Classic - OCE Arena Titles
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I believe Blizzard has forgot to update OCE ladder cutoffs after the ban waves.

Pulling data directly from Blizzard API, earlier this week Blizzard updated US and EU ladders. The update showed that Blizzard disqualified teams with banned players in them. The cutoffs were lowered to reflect the disqualifed teams.

OCE data has not changed. According to data directly from Blizzard API, and the cut offs in game at the arena master, the cut offs are still set to teams that are banned. This currently means no teams on OCE will be getting a rank 1 title.

Basically, people that broke ToS are now holding all the R1 titles, and they won’t be awarded them. It means 0% of legitimate players get rank 1 titles. It also means way less than 0.5% of players are getting a gladiator title.

I’m not sure if Blizzard has overlooked this. However, I do know that USA and EU have had the changes made, and OCE cutoffs have stayed exactly where they are, despite banned players.

We’ve been looking into this, and it looks like it’s on the right track. Yesterday, we found several qualifying teams that still hadn’t been rewarded, and rewards should be rolling out.

We’ll keep checking on it. If there is anyone who expects a title and still hasn’t gotten it after logging in after the next realm maintenance, please let us know.

Conquest Cap Misleading Tooltip
    • PVP_CONQUEST_TOOLTIP - There is a limit to the number of Conquest Points you can earn in one week. This limit is determined by the highest pvp rating you achieved last week.

10/10 move, besides making everyone below 2100 have worse gear they should be denied access to buying it as well.

That’ll teach low rated players to even queue.

Based on the phrasing this should also help reduce alts from trying to gear. 500 IQ moves.

Hello. It looks like someone fixed typos in some old tooltips.

In this specific case, it’s a tooltip that’s unused in Chains of Domination, and we don’t have any plans to use it in 9.1.5.

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - September 24, 2021
    Achievements

• On the Offensive now requires 6 of the covenant assault achievements to be completed (was 9).

Classes

• Rogue
      • Fixed an issue which could cause a player to clip through the platform when using Shadowstep on Mueh’zala in De Other Side.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-09-25 at 05:18 AM.

Can’t help but see these TBC complaints as complete whiny babies

I just guarantee you the person who wrote this whine was never going to be eligible for an arena title

On the Offensive nerf is kinda... expected with the heavy RNG-based time-gating.

But that's kinda late change I guess.

On the offensive was perfectly fine before...many patches had similar meta achievements and they never got nerfed. I don't get it.

And also, they did that literally a week after it was actually first possible to complete on the offensive the old way. Come on...
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Not a big fan of the "On the offensive" nerf, for a couple of reasons.
    1. Noone needs these meta achievement mounts, they are there for long term gameplay, there are many similar mounts you can get if you want one straight away.
    2. The time it was implemented, 1 week after if was achievable? come on
    3. Nerfing things like these meta achievements will hurt the willingness of people to engage with them in the future which is a problem wow has in many other areas.
    There is always the natural nerfing, as in, things get easier with gear, and I think most people are fine with that. But then blizzard goes in after the fact and changes things
    like this and for every time it happens, the correct thing to do becomes "wait and see if it gets nerfed" more and more.

Example of number3: I never bothered to get a single anima mount pet or transmog n 9.0 even though I ran out of stuff to do, why? Because I expected us to be showered
    in Anima by the end of the expansion, and yeah, that was the right choice, I have mostly everything now and I never even spent 1 second farming Anima.

ever shave your balls on a full moon with eucalyptus leaves burning with your sage? they get so smooth. its the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    no lifers who just got the achievement are mad

10+ Year Old Account
    The nerf of the requirements for "On the Offensive" was justified, in my opinion. It'd be one thing if it were only the covenant factions that involved RNG, but such wasn't the case. On top of the RNG for the assaults themselves, there is also the RNG for which quests are available (like the one that wasn't available for months) and even, in one case IIRC, RNG for which NPCs are up. That is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The nerf of the requirements for "On the Offensive" was justified, in my opinion. It'd be one thing if it were only the covenant factions that involved RNG, but such wasn't the case. On top of the RNG for the assaults themselves, there is also the RNG for which quests are available (like the one that wasn't available for months) and even, in one case IIRC, RNG for which NPCs are up. That is too much.
    First off, full disclosure, I didn't finish the achievement, I got it due to the fix though.

But I have an honest question, why is it "too much"? Who needs this mount? I could see it if this was unlocking a new race, flying, some important faction, or character power, but it's just 1 out of 600+ mounts, with many similar models. Why wasn't it ok for this one to take a few months to get?

Second question, if a mount achievement alone is what is stopping you from unsubbing until a future patch, I will call you out on that, either you have enough collectively to do that you find fun, or you don't, I don't see this mount keeping anyone but the most mentally weak subbed against their will, do you believe differently?

Third, this is not even a hard achievement, it only really has one component, wait for a quest to show up then you do it in 10 minutes, no random chance once it's popped, no grinds, just wait for the right quest and you are done. You could unsub and check wowhead for the quest if you wanted this mount more than anything else in the world but you just had to save some money.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    First off, full disclosure, I didn't finish the achievement, I got it due to the fix though.
    Same here. (I was missing "You and What Army".)

But I have an honest question, why is it "too much"? Who needs this mount? I could see it if this was unlocking a new race, flying, some important faction, or character power, but it's just 1 out of 600+ mounts, with many similar models. Why wasn't it ok for this one to take a few months to get?
    More of a philosophical stance from my perspective. I strongly agree that RNG is a necessity, but a game (or a feature) can have too much of it. There's nothing fun or challenging about completing one goal that involves multiple tiers of chance that are beyond the player's control. And it's not like people are suddenly going to get the covenant mount in the mailbox. There's still needing to grind the currency, waiting for the necessary covenant assault and their quests, and not to mention the rep requirements that are unaffected by the hotfix. It's still a significant time investment.

What it looks like to me is that the game devs decided that getting the last Korthia vendor mount was too punitive, which I agree with. The hotfix change strikes a better balance.

Second question, if a mount achievement alone is what is stopping you from unsubbing until a future patch, I will call you out on that, either you have enough collectively to do that you find fun, or you don't, I don't see this mount keeping anyone but the most mentally weak subbed against their will, do you believe differently?
    The only time I took an extended break from WoW was in WoD over the player flight kerfuffle. To give you a frame of reference, I've been playing WoW since 2005. Mount ain't gonna break this veteran, mon.

Third, this is not even a hard achievement, it only really has one component, wait for a quest to show up then you do it in 10 minutes, no random chance once it's popped, no grinds, just wait for the right quest and you are done. You could unsub and check wowhead for the quest if you wanted this mount more than anything else in the world but you just had to save some money.
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here, especially with the unnecessary snide remark towards the end. It seems we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2021-09-27 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Fix broken quote tag.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Same here. (I was missing "You and What Army".)

More of a philosophical stance from my perspective. I strongly agree that RNG is a necessity, but a game (or a feature) can have too much of it. There's nothing fun or challenging about completing one goal that involves multiple tiers of chance that are beyond the player's control. And it's not like people are suddenly going to get the covenant mount in the mailbox. There's still needing to grind the currency, waiting for the necessary covenant assault and their quests, and not to mention the rep requirements that are unaffected by the hotfix. It's still a significant time investment.
    I don't think there was more than 1 random element? As far as I can tell, the assaults are in a set order, perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I've never seen them repeat, and I can't recall seeing one from the current week the next week. So as far as I can tell the only random element was if the quest spawned or not.
    I will agree with you that having the meta achievement be part of the vendor mount was an odd choice from the start, I was mostly thinking of the hand mount, which is the "big" meta. In my opinion it would've made the most sense to simply remove "On the offensive" from the Korthia vendor mount.

Last thing wasn't meant to be a snide remark to you, it was mainly a reaction to the various threads around here and comments on wowhead saying "Blizzard is only keeping it random to keep us subbed"

All in all I think we agree, not sure how you feel about the achievement being changed for the hand mount, for me the vendor mount, yeah, I'll agree with you, having a cost, renown, rep AND achievement tied to a vendor mount seems slightly excessive, to a pure meta mount though? not so much.

Whats the season 1 rank 1 title?

I was under the impression the season 2 merciless was the first season to have a rank 1 title.

Also, what did these teams to to get banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Last thing wasn't meant to be a snide remark to you, it was mainly a reaction to the various threads around here and comments on wowhead saying "Blizzard is only keeping it random to keep us subbed"
    All good, then.

All in all I think we agree, not sure how you feel about the achievement being changed for the hand mount, for me the vendor mount, yeah, I'll agree with you, having a cost, renown, rep AND achievement tied to a vendor mount seems slightly excessive, to a pure meta mount though? not so much.
    I'd honestly forgotten there was a meta mount. In that aspect, my feelings lean more towards neutral.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn