Page 1 of 3
LastLast

People who keep posting "Blizzard is dying...dead game etc"

I keep seeing comments on wow-related material along the lines of "Blizzard is a shit company. wow is a dead game" etc. This is regardless of what the material is about. It could be a blog article about "Top 5 Sexy transmogs!" and you get these rather depressing, miserable off-topic comments.

I've never been that much into Blizzard games frankly, but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?

Thats unfortunately what happens here. I'd rather just be positive about the game. The game is doing extremely well, lots to like about Shadowlands, and the changes in 9.1.5 are very promising.

Looking forward to the rest of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaniso View Post
    I keep seeing comments on wow-related material along the lines of "Blizzard is a shit company. wow is a dead game" etc. This is regardless of what the material is about. It could be a blog article about "Top 5 Sexy transmogs!" and you get these rather depressing, miserable off-topic comments.

I've never been that much into Blizzard games frankly, but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?
    Mate, you can ignore the majority of it.

People have proclaimed the game to be dying, or dead, since Vanilla.

Some people find themselves unable to quit without seeing the bridge behind them burnt to the ground. Others have a dislike to the game due to various reasons such as; getting kicked from the raid, not understanding the raids, not having many friends, not being able to find friends, not being in a good guild, not getting the content they want, not guessing right on the story, not getting the story they want, not handling PvP that well, not winning, winning too much, problems with employees at the studio, problems with the studio, self-hate because their friends don't have time for them, having to wait for things, having too many things, having to work for things, people getting things too easy, things being too hard to get, things being restricted, and so much more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Butthurt and salt are the currency of the internet. Fan sites couldn't exist without haters

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mate, you can ignore the majority of it.

People have proclaimed the game to be dying, or dead, since Vanilla.

Some people find themselves unable to quit without seeing the bridge behind them burnt to the ground. Others have a dislike to the game due to various reasons such as; getting kicked from the raid, not understanding the raids, not having many friends, not being able to find friends, not being in a good guild, not getting the content they want, not guessing right on the story, not getting the story they want, not handling PvP that well, not winning, winning too much, problems with employees at the studio, problems with the studio, self-hate because their friends don't have time for them, having to wait for things, having too many things, having to work for things, people getting things too easy, things being too hard to get, things being restricted, and so much more.
    Nailed it on the head. 99% of these people's issue(s) with the game is inward, not outward, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Thats unfortunately what happens here. I'd rather just be positive about the game. The game is doing extremely well, lots to like about Shadowlands, and the changes in 9.1.5 are very promising.

Looking forward to the rest of the expansion.
    Bruhh that comment looked so synthetic it might have came out from a Bot. Being positive is not like that meme where the doggy says ''this is fine'' while the whole house is burning down, and that is exactly what you did here.

Now I'm not the one to say ''wow is dying'' etc at every thread, the game itself became too big to die, even with shitty content and grind mechanics. This is why they are trying everything to keep it alive with microtransactions, selling mounts, fixing that ladys boobs in the portrait to appease people etc., with shitty stuff that doesnt add any real thing to the game itself. Im not gonna be a negative nancy but calling a spade a SPADE is important here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    Nailed it on the head. 99% of these people's issue(s) with the game is inward, not outward, lol.
    Sadly. The list could continue much longer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Probably for the same reason you're making threads and posts in a mainly blizzard games forum when you're not really into them.

You know what curious since the "mass exodus" to FF and people saying WoW is dead, I'm having a really good time in M+, being my main activity.
    90% of the keys are timed, toxicity is at very low level, people don't leave after 1-2 wipes, it's like the playerbase has changed.
    I came back because of the 9.1.5 notes and expected to see low activity, but it's the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    Bruhh that comment looked so synthetic it might have came out from a Bot. Being positive is not like that meme where the doggy says ''this is fine'' while the whole house is burning down, and that is exactly what you did here.

Now I'm not the one to say ''wow is dying'' etc at every thread, the game itself became too big to die, even with shitty content and grind mechanics. This is why they are trying everything to keep it alive with microtransactions, selling mounts, fixing that ladys boobs in the portrait to appease people etc., with shitty stuff that doesnt add any real thing to the game itself. Im not gonna be a negative nancy but calling a spade a SPADE is important here.
    I've always found this kind of comment funny. You're calling someone else out for being positive about the game like a "bot" but then posting the same worn out whinging every Redditor posts. It's honestly almost cultish at this point. Everyone gathers round for Bellular or whoever's latest sermon, then off they all go to whatever forum they spend the rest of their lives on to repeat whatever he said, word for word. The Jonestown moment was this lawsuit, and everyone running off to FF14 as if Square Enix was a paragon of morality and definitely-not-Japanese-overwork-culture.

'Incel' seems to be applied to so many things that it's lost all meaning.

As for the mentality of complainers, it's not difficult to grasp that people who spent time and money on a hobby for a long time might want to air grievances when the creators of said hobby keep screwing up. It also shouldn't be difficult to grasp that people might like some parts of the game enough to continue playing despite disliking other parts of the game. There are undoubtedly a lot of people playing out of sunk cost fallacy - that is what the game is designed to induce, after all - but complaining is a perfectly normal thing. The day people stop complaining is when Blizzard really needs to worry, because it means people don't care about WoW anymore.

I wonder how many accounts this guy's had on the forum by now...
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-09-25 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    The game is doing extremely well
    The data would suggest otherwise.

because the people want blizzard games to be what they used to be again

you might as well ask "why do people care about anything? why not just give up?"

because we're not blackpilled nihilists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The data would suggest otherwise.
    Well, we don't have any direct data about it but according to the earnings call, it is not doing that badly. That is the only direct data we have. Else, according to trends, then no, it is not going well for obvious reasons but trends do not always convert to the actual state of the game.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-09-25 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I've always found this kind of comment funny. You're calling someone else out for being positive about the game like a "bot" but then posting the same worn out whinging every Redditor posts. It's honestly almost cultish at this point. Everyone gathers round for Bellular or whoever's latest sermon, then off they all go to whatever forum they spend the rest of their lives on to repeat whatever he said, word for word. The Jonestown moment was this lawsuit, and everyone running off to FF14 as if Square Enix was a paragon of morality and definitely-not-Japanese-overwork-culture.
    I almost never read/comment on reddit about WoW and I just wrote what I feel about it. I don't even know who Bellular is. If people are saying the same stuff that I said then maybe you should see a correlation in here. Also I wouldn't care much if some asshole groped somebody in the company, these people are everywhere. If the game is good I play it. I will also see if the company thinks their reputation is more important then their actual product, which I saw.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    You know what curious since the "mass exodus" to FF and people saying WoW is dead, I'm having a really good time in M+, being my main activity.
    90% of the keys are timed, toxicity is at very low level, people don't leave after 1-2 wipes, it's like the playerbase has changed.
    I came back because of the 9.1.5 notes and expected to see low activity, but it's the contrary.
    This. Only difference is barely anyone stream WoW and you don't see as many "this time WoW is gone for good" or "let's talk about what I saw on wowhead/reddit today" videos on youtube.

Of course it's not launch, but I would like comparison of activity between 9.1 and 8.1.5 and 7.2, cause I don't feel any difference in game.

Don't know what's more sad the people bitching about the game or the people bitching about those people.

Make sure to mop up the mess after you all circlejerk yourselves raw.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Probably for the same reason you're making threads and posts in a mainly blizzard games forum when you're not really into them.
    I enjoy wow. It is one of Blizzard's many games. I'm not obsessive about it. Do you see the difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    To be clear, I agree constructive criticism is a good thing. Blizzard are far too greedy for their own good.

But, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who seem to be clinically depressed about a video game. Aside from the fact it brings everyone else down you do really worry about the mental health of these people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    because the people want blizzard games to be what they used to be again
    Well that's a bit dumb really. Microtransactions and cash shop exist and are a thing, and are 10-100x more profitable than just charging for a game. Much as I would wish it otherwise there are more than enough morons who will buy that crap.

Certainly complaining on every wow article out there is going to do absolutely nothing to change that. In fact it probably helps Blizzard since such comments are seen as signs of social engagement which boost wow related content.

but why would you bother to make such comments rather than just move on with your life and do something else? These people seem to be like incels, morbidly enjoying something they used to love get in trouble. It just looks totally pathetic. What is the rationale behind this?
    That's just the internet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself