Banned for farming gold

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/tbc/n...ng-stratholme/

Somewhat confused here. Is farming gold in a high density mob area considered a exploit? Or has Blizzard just kind of shat down their leg again with this one?

7+ Year Old Account
    "Exploitative Activity (Cheats/Hacks)"

Either these people botted the stratholme runs, or blizzards anti-botting software broke

you really think blizzard is now suddenly banning gold farming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I mean, you literally linked the article. One ban has already been overruled by the customer service, so it either means they went too far and accidently banned some legit players which you can assume will be undone in the next few days, or there indeed is some bot/exploit available and the players just don't want to admit it (or think it's creative use of game mechanics).
    So I don't see what there is to discuss for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

Somewhat confused here. Is farming gold in a high density mob area considered a exploit? Or has Blizzard just kind of shat down their leg again with this one?
    Sounds quite straight out in four scenarios they could be caught.

A: They did cheat (Botting or exploiting).
    B: They were caught by the software for suspicious activity (aka, running the same dungeon too many times is one of them. You could have GMs mercilessly appear and ban you without question back in Vanilla, now it is software doing it until an investigation is done).
    C: They had a 3rd party program installed, or certain add-ons, and the software picked up on it, even though it might not have been in use.
    D: Players reporting them in the belief they are bots.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-09-26 at 09:03 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny when random players are getting banned for actually just farming - but when echo's GM srcipe says "yeaah .. we actually bought gold for rm" - nothing happens.

Shows you how important the token sales really are - and where the priorities are.
    Last edited by sunxsera; 2021-09-26 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory: Mage Farmers are mass reporting any paladin in Strat because Blizzard is lazy as fuck and just relies on the Right Click > Report
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

Likely done in error by the automated protection. Don't think there's reasons to worry .. they will just undo the bans on legit players. Though I have a feeling that a lot of botting is also being done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Likely done in error by the automated protection. Don't think there's reasons to worry .. they will just undo the bans on legit players. Though I have a feeling that a lot of botting is also being done.
    Oh yeah, there's a ton of botting in the Project Classic servers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Kinda funny when random players are getting banned for actually just farming - but when echo's GM srcipe says "yeaah .. we actually bought gold for rm" - nothing happens.

Shows you how important the token sales really are - and where the priorities are.
    Cause you can legally buy gold with real money.. its called the wow token...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is not the place to discuss official bans and such, no one here can help you or verify your claims in any sense. If you need further assistance, engage with Blizzard's official support channels.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead