Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When do you think we will get 9.2 news/release?

Based on whatever reasons you have, whether it be past patches or what you think is their new scheduling system. Two separate parts to the question - When do you think we will first get news of 9.2, then when you think it will actually release.

Anyone think they will try and aim for a release date to go up against Endwalker? Or completely avoid it?

Some sort of announcement around the days when Blizzcon was supposed to be,and things are too volatile to have any clue about 9.2, i would guess their average release which is January will be pushed to late February, with some major overestimation for their capabilities to release that early.

Good thing multiple things are coming out November/December cause the drought is gonna be real.

Once 9.1.5 is out the door I expect them to announce 9.2. So mid-late Novemeber. PTR hopefully starts at least this year, so the patch can be ready by februrary.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Based on previous releases I would say next year.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We will probably get a PTR this year but the patch won’t release til next year. Unless they literally have a PTR ready to go the moment 9.1.5 launches and then we might get the patch this year with a 2 week gap between patch launch and raid (to avoid a Christmas raid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Based on whatever reasons you have, whether it be past patches or what you think is their new scheduling system. Two separate parts to the question - When do you think we will first get news of 9.2, then when you think it will actually release.

Anyone think they will try and aim for a release date to go up against Endwalker? Or completely avoid it?
    9.1.5 soon, so I'm guessing 9.2 around March, April the latest (One can hope), if they know how to fix their mess, after all - they are apparently meant to already work on that, and future content. As for Endwalker, the only thing Blizzard is going to serve for that is 9.1.5.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't think we will learn anything anytime soon. Announcment in november/december. MAybe release JUST before blizzconline next year so they can talk about the next expansion.

And i also don't think there is going to be a a 9.3.

To many people left allready and will only come back with a new expansion. It just isn't really... financially justified to make a 9.3, and honestly i don't even want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't think we will learn anything anytime soon. Announcment in november/december. MAybe release JUST before blizzconline next year so they can talk about the next expansion.

And i also don't think there is going to be a a 9.3.

To many people left allready and will only come back with a new expansion. It just isn't really... financially justified to make a 9.3, and honestly i don't even want it.
    I think we're getting it after BlizzConline (If they agree on doing it), and if so, I believe the topic will be about that, and then 9.3 after summer sometime, with 10.0 reveal in August at GamesCom if lucky.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No news until next year.
    There's no way the game will survive another 7+ months of drought.

9.15 will probably be mid-October.

So, I wouldn’t be surprised if they announce the highlights of 9.2 early November and put up PTR early Dec.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t announce anything until 2022.

It’s basically a guarantee it’ll be the last big SL patch, so could be massive since they’re putting all they can into it, hence the delay.

I’d expect an Arthas storyline and the Sepulcher or whatever it’s called where jailer went for a new zone, which is yet another spin on timeless isle….

I just wonder if they’ll talk about the next expansion at Blizzcon or if its deep in development hell.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-27 at 07:31 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Shadowlands is almost a year old, and we've only had O N E major patch... This is a shitshow. I mean sure, we've had Covid, forest fires and shitstorms a plenty, but it seems like there wasn't even a plan or schedule for future SL content whatsoever.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

simple - SL got cut and there wont be any 9.2

instead this we will see novemebr release of 9.1.5 and hints of 10.0 .

SL is unsalvagable at this point and there is no point wasting even 1 $ of resources on keeping it alive.

10.0 is withut doubt their full focus atm . its their last chance - if they dont make it casual friendly people wont even coma back for launch only will stick to playing FF14. they are already hooked so they will complelty ignore 9.1.5 and this will proove to lbizzard that catering to hardcore nolifers was complete mistake.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-09-27 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    If anything, 10.0 announcement should be sometime this fall with a release in late 2022, going by how Blizzard has normally done things.
    10.0 announcement will be at Blizzcon. If it isn't at Blizzcon then Blizzcon will once again be negatively received for having pretty much nothing to reveal (unless it's a new IP, but like the rest of the company the incubation unit has been incapable of shipping any games, and they'd probably be mobile crap that wouldn't be announced at Blizzcon anyway after the Diablo Immortal fiasco).

I expect its release around February, which would cement SL's perpetual content drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Wait, August 2022? You think Shadowlands is going to be a 3-year long expansion? Because in August of 2022 it will be 1 year and 9 months old and they typically announce expansions a year or so before release.

If anything, 10.0 announcement should be sometime this fall with a release in late 2022, going by how Blizzard has normally done things.
    With how it feels with the content and the company, I foresee a slow drip for now. Even if I weren't right, 9.2 won't be out before Feb 2022 and would last 6-8 months, and then another patch of 9.2.5 for another 2-4 months, and then, if we are lucky, a cross-over patch but I'm worried that we'll see a 9.3 as well. No matter what, 9.1.5 is going to take us into 2022, and 9.2 is the earliest late Q1, and then be done in late Q3 or mid Q4 of 2022 (of course, earlier if we are lucky to see it early in Q1 but I doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    10.0 announcement will be at Blizzcon. If it isn't at Blizzcon then Blizzcon will once again be negatively received for having pretty much nothing to reveal (unless it's a new IP, but like the rest of the company the incubation unit has been incapable of shipping any games, and they'd probably be mobile crap that wouldn't be announced at Blizzcon anyway after the Diablo Immortal fiasco).
    Earliest we'll hear about 10.0 would be, if they decide to do it, not confirmed, at BlizzConline 2022, else, GamesCom 2022.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    9.1.5 soon, so I'm guessing 9.2 around March, April the latest (One can hope), if they know how to fix their mess, after all - they are apparently meant to already work on that, and future content. As for Endwalker, the only thing Blizzard is going to serve for that is 9.1.5.
    absolutely in no way will they leave 9.1 to run for 9 months. that would just be a disaster. here's what I reckon:

9.1.5 drops week of October 19 (that same week we hit renown 80)
    new PTR drops Nov 2 for 9.2 - runs for 7 weeks
    9.2 drops December 21
    Next raid launches January 4

I would guess that the bulk of the work for whatever zone we are getting in 9.2 is done already, they just need to add a few bits and pieces and then do raid testing and it will be good to go
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-09-27 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I just wonder if they’ll talk about the next expansion at Blizzcon or if its deep in development hell.
    Well, they have to.

Issue is, they would likely want to have 9.2 out of door because talking about the next expansion without the current one not being "finished" in terms of story would be awkward, especially if anything from that finale is relevant to the next expansion.
    However, getting 9.2 out before Blizzcon will be rather tight with the 2-3 weeks of holidays interrupting work, 8.3 also came out in Jan despite being announced in early October.
    So unless 9.2 will be bare bones outside of the raid, it's going to be tight to get that patch out of the door before Blizzcon.

However, the expansion being far from a presentable state will not stop Blizzard, they also presented 9.1 in Feb despite it being nowhere close to a presentable state, hence the constant story recaps, lack of footage and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this will proove to lbizzard that catering to hardcore nolifers was complete mistake.
    God a love this close minded narrative.

"Casuals don't enjoy it, Hardcore players must love it", disregarding that multiple elements of Shadowlands have been heavily criticized by the hardcore playerbase.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-09-27 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    absolutely in no way will they leave 9.1 to run for 9 months. that would just be a disaster. here's what I reckon:

9.2 drops December 21

I would guess that the bulk of the work for whatever zone we are getting in 9.2 is done already, they just need to add a few bits and pieces and then do raid testing and it will be good to go
    I'm just taking on how it feels on the reaction of things, and I'm almost worried that we're not going to see the 9.2 in 2021, due to the amount they are loading on 9.1.5, it is a warning sign when a minor patch turns into a larger.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

9.2 drops December 21

SL patch schedule is already a disaster, we were waiting 3 months for first mention of 9.1 and 2 months for minor patch PTR. But game won't fall apart because of that, it survived longer droughts even without current time sinks like M+ or enormous (compared to pre-Legion) collecting game.

19th October for 9.1.5 and November PTR are possible but rest is just fantasy. PTR for big patch last 10 weeks during summer, around Christmas it is even longer. Second half of February is most optimistic scenario right now (that is also possible).