Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Is that one shard really such a big deal?
    its not - OP is clearly salty because someone depleted his precious 22 key lately and now it will take him a week to push to 22 again since so many 21/20s deplete

    personaly i kinda hope karma gets him and he will be stuck for a week in 19/20 vicious deplete cycle to help with his toxicicty in game.

    he is also clearly to bad to join one of those groups that clear 25+ keys but want to show everyone his e-dong by laughing at 99,99 % of wow players.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,271
    Lol he doesn't know about the Shard of Oth.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    its rather unlikely that the shield shard stacks up to its maximum in a mythic+ dungeon even less in a higher key level but the runspeed can be useful as well to evade aoe just a lil bit quicker dont need the shield if you dont get hit
    but overall it depends on the dungeon i would say what to put in the sockets
    i personally always use the shield as i play a more mobile class and can evade stuff rather easily but a warlock on the other hand might want to get the runspeed or maybe a dk as well
    and how do you propose you run away from unavoidable hardcasts? thrash? tantrum? you say that they wont reach max stacks so your kind of argueing against yourself? stating that the shields will be used all the time, if there was to be an arguement it would be that it isnt used much. not that its used all the time? your logic is flawed.

    If you want to evade stuff and want run speed you get far more value running the shield and then replacing one of your 16 mastery/crit/haste/vers gems with 5% run speed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not - OP is clearly salty because someone depleted his precious 22 key lately and now it will take him a week to push to 22 again since so many 21/20s deplete

    personaly i kinda hope karma gets him and he will be stuck for a week in 19/20 vicious deplete cycle to help with his toxicicty in game.

    he is also clearly to bad to join one of those groups that clear 25+ keys but want to show everyone his e-dong by laughing at 99,99 % of wow players.
    the 19/20 viscious deplete cycle should not exist, this is the point, all players are pushed together into a bottleneck where all the new players are destroying more keys than they are timing thats why its as you put it "viscious" it is only hard to get out of there because of all the new players trying to push when they dont belong there, depleting keys to stuff they havent learnt yet. often things that good players learnt back in legion. its painful to watch endless players fail on the most basic of things and then there response is " give me a break bro ive only been playing since december " thats great, so why the hell are you in 22 keys making everyone hardstuck as you and your fellow new players learn!!!????

    i dont blame the players, i blame blizzard for this god awful bottleneck system they have created.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-09-27 at 12:05 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    if you didnt know you can swap shards and honestly it would not surprise me if you were 2500 and did not know this. teh game really is in that bad of a state
    Well I wasn't attacking you or anything but clearly you are very frustrated right now, might I suggest taking a little break? It's only a game you don't have to get upset.
    What im saying is that any raider who does M+ on the side occasionally likely doesn't have the frost shield shard upgraded because there are more important DPS ones to upgrade fully first before some silly optional M+ shard.
    If you think these shards make almost any difference you are delusional. I rarely do any M+ past 15 weeklys, I've attempted 4 +20/21s this season so far and timed them easily with a full group of suboptimal talented players with any old shards we had left on from raid and they were all a complete joke to be honest. This shard shit doesn't matter.

    Again, Sorry you got tilted in your little dungeon group earlier when you failed to keep everyone healed (easiest role btw) and felt the need to make this angry little post blaming them for not having an upgraded shard to help carry your pathetic scrub hps :/

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    To be fair I'm pretty sure nobody actually knows what your point is, it was written out that poorly. If you want people to understand what you're talking about you should talk more clearly. Actually the best picture of why you MIGHT be relevant in any way was pointed out by the guy that you said was attacking you. Other than that you're just some random forum guy rambling about why new players have been spoonfed and are bad and how you should be respected more because you started playing WoW before they did. If you had some other point that was actually relevant and coherent I'd love to hear it.
    make no mistake bro, the good players will get what im saying and will 100% wholeheartedly agree, its new players that wont quite get it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Bunch of nonsense with a sprinkle of some shitty agenda and cringe.
    too much truth which hurts peoples feelings because it highlights the fact that actually people arent even close to being as good as they think they are. but brush it off as something else bro, its what you guys do best.

  6. #26
    would prefer the shield if it did a larger absorb every 30-60 sec instead of the little trickle it does now.

    which i guess is why most people cba to swap it out when they leave their raids, it's just padding the healing meter. it won't really change when your healer can dps and when he has to heal.

    not using the 5% movement speed, even if you also use the 60 speed one for your set, is pretty dumb though. totally worth 16 secondary stat no matter what.

    (guess a lot of people who didn't play in the end of BFA simply don't know it exist though. if you want to change the world you have probably more luck telling people "did you know 5% move gem exist?" instead of telling them "omg ur doing it wroooooooooooooong")

    ofc this would be a non issue if blizzard simply allowed fun and let the set bonus work in m+.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-09-27 at 12:25 PM.

  7. #27
    So OP thinks he is better than other players with similar m+ score and that he deserves to be higher than them but isn't because game is bad?

    Hilarious.

  8. #28
    Why is that shard so relevant?

  9. #29
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    WARNING: THIS POST WILL TEACH A LOT OF NEW PLAYERS SOMETHING THEY DIDNT KNOW BEFORE ENTERING, THIS MAY OFFEND DUE TO NOT KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME AFTER ALL.

    make a lobby for 22 key and it is literally filled with hundreds of 2500 players within seconds.
    make a lobby for a 19 key nobody is there

    do people not realise that this system blizzard has set up is a disaster? you have new to shadowlands players swamping lobbies making the game impossible for everyone involved. its basically pushed all players into a bottleneck.

    I do not blame the new to shadowlands players, i blame the system blizzard has set up enabling all of the new subscribers to also be at the top end of the food chain with little / no game intelligence or experience required.

    I mean please do explain to me why so many 2500 players take run speed shard over the shield shard, what is the logic??? there is none, they didnt learn yet, they are new to the game, yet they are up in 2500 where they do not belong to be at the same level as players who do know that the shield is better. because i mean come on ITS BASIC WOW INTELLIGENCE, so you need run speed? then drop 0.5% crit/haste/vers/mastery and take a 5% run speed gem and the 6k shield????? WHERE IS THE COMMUNITIES BRAINS?????

    These 2500 players will tell you "i know my stuff" OBLIVIOUS to the fact that they dont even know the basic fundamentals of pushing m+, they are just there because of all the stealth nerfs blizzard is providing patch on patch.

    I asked everyone who did this yesterday in a polite manner why, what is there logic behind it, the responses i got? "bro dont tell me how to equip my gear" .........................

    not one answer to why 60 run speed, is better than 6k shield. why????? why no brains!!!! not a single brain cell between the entire community it seems.

    New to shadowlands guys you are not as good as players who have ran 3000 20+ m+ keys over 3 expansions no matter how much of the spoonfeeding rio you eat up.

    Peace
    You need the run speed for 3 set Unholy bonus for raid.

    CBA at swapping those gems around every time I leave SoD.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    the fact that actually people arent even close to being as good as they think they are. but brush it off as something else bro, its what you guys do best.
    I'm quoting this because I find it ironic.

    You might be a good player, but you come across as a terrible teamplayer, something that is actually very relevant in a game like this. Judging by the tone you present here at the forums I very much assume you are not a pleasant player to have in your party besides numbers. That can affect how people are playing and how they behave around you. If you harshly criticize them do not expect them to learn or be thankful for your tips. Also, consider that sometimes it's better to not highlight every single thing going wrong when dealing with people you don't know.
    I suggest working on your attitude and changing the negative atmosphere you produce to a positive one. You will start noticing people being way more open to feedback and in general being better. People that feel good will make fewer mistakes.

    Regarding the topic of the thread: I think we both know there are more important things to improve in an average pug. This is min/maxing at the wrong place imo.

  11. #31
    2603 Warlock here.
    I just forget that all the time. But I would not be an ass if someone reminded me of it.

    That said, m+ "inteligence" is overdoing it.
    Thanks for the heads up!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    too much truth which hurts peoples feelings because it highlights the fact that actually people arent even close to being as good as they think they are.
    oh, the irony

  13. #33
    aaaaand hes banned lol

  14. #34
    His statement was a bit radical, but he kinda got a point. There's quite a lot dumbfuck DPS whores at 20+ keys and people that care more about details overall output than actually finishing a key in time.

  15. #35
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,361
    I don't get it. If you're still making time and everything goes fine, does it matter?

    Minmaxing only gives a real benefit when that 1-2% difference is why you clear the bar. If you can do it without it, then it's negligible really. I doubt most players are at a level where numbers are more important than skill.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernir View Post
    His statement was a bit radical, but he kinda got a point. There's quite a lot dumbfuck DPS whores at 20+ keys and people that care more about details overall output than actually finishing a key in time.
    and the reason they are there is because of portals.

    move portals from +20 to +10 and they wil lbe all gone.

    they never should be there in first place

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    To be fair I'm pretty sure nobody actually knows what your point is, it was written out that poorly. If you want people to understand what you're talking about you should talk more clearly. Actually the best picture of why you MIGHT be relevant in any way was pointed out by the guy that you said was attacking you. Other than that you're just some random forum guy rambling about why new players have been spoonfed and are bad and how you should be respected more because you started playing WoW before they did. If you had some other point that was actually relevant and coherent I'd love to hear it.
    Nah, RokPanda, he's just another of those obvious tryhards that thinks anyone with a life actually gives a damn about how good he is at WoW. Maybe he thinks he can get a job with it on his resume someday...

    You're a Mythic raider, but you don't act like he does at all. I think it's called perspective.

  18. #38
    I have gotten world top 20 ranks with both "wrong talents" and "wrong trinkets".
    People constantly undervalue what matters the most... Playing correctly, press your buttons in the right order, without downtime and you'll get 99% logs every time.
    If this is what you think matters in a pug world, what enchant people have? Wow, you must not know very much and just watched streams of some high keys last season and now because you're hard stuck you look at others to blame and you shuffled the deck and decided to die on the hill of 60 run speed...
    Cool story, 5/7, would read again.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and the reason they are there is because of portals.

    move portals from +20 to +10 and they wil lbe all gone.

    they never should be there in first place
    Why do people always try to dictate a motivation for specific things people do in this game? It's perfectly fine for someone to only push for +20s because of the portals in my opinion, why wouldn't it be?

  20. #40
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,680
    speed allows players to get out of AOE faster, meaning less damage taken. it also lets them move throughout the dungeon faster. overall this increases dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •