Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I WOULD continue to play if they removed raiding altogether. I WOULD also play if LFR was the only raid difficulty. I WOULD NOT play aymore if LFR was the only difficulty removed. Not going to support a dev team that spends such a huge chunk of resources on something only for the elitist hardcores. LFR has ZERO impact on any Normal+ raider, especially now.

Personally I don't think I've really ever use LFR. I think they could save time tuning for things if there was just two difficulties. LFR was a nice catch up mechanic back when it was first introduced especially back when you wanted to get a tier set bonus. but there is Mythic+, Korthia, world quests, and covenant campaigns that offer catch up routes too. LFR also kind of ruins the awe of uncovering/exploring a new raid. I'm not strong opinioned either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceofblood View Post
    LFR also kind of ruins the awe of uncovering/exploring a new raid. I'm not strong opinioned either way though.
    How? It released much later than normal/heroic, most peeps which interested in raids already fully explore/complete it even before 2nd lfr wing unlocked.

In Vanilla WoW, raiding was optional. It was what raiders did. You could do other things like PvP, or quest, or play with friends. But now the big selling point of expansions is the story content, and the climaxes of the storylines are shoved into the raids. So for story players, LFR is often the only way they're ever going to get to experience the story. Story players who beat a game and move on don't have much overlap with hardcores who like the challenge of progging through boss fights for weeks on end. So yes, LFR is a necessity.

Since Tier was removed from it and now you can't even queue up for all of it week one I haven't stepped foot in there. I think the last time I did LFR was when you could still get tier gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    If Blizzard removed tourist mode from the game, would you continue to play it?

(if I knew how to make a poll I would.)
    They wount remove lfr because there are quests that have to do it on that difficulty.. that and the very reason it's there is because it's easier to find groups and transports you to the instance we didnt have that during the older expansions vets and new comers should be very glad and gracious we have this as a feature.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    In Vanilla WoW, raiding was optional. It was what raiders did. You could do other things like PvP, or quest, or play with friends. But now the big selling point of expansions is the story content, and the climaxes of the storylines are shoved into the raids. So for story players, LFR is often the only way they're ever going to get to experience the story. Story players who beat a game and move on don't have much overlap with hardcores who like the challenge of progging through boss fights for weeks on end. So yes, LFR is a necessity.
    Raids were always the climaxes to story content. What has changed is that the story used to be more modular with several mostly unrelated storylines going concurrently, whereas starting from TBC the stories became very focused and leading up to a set end goal.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

removing LFR is probably the most useless change you could make to the game atm.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see what people have against lfr and why this topic is constantly brought up on this forum. It's literally for people to experience the story without having to actually invest time in getting good.

Why would they remove it? "To encourage realm community" ? Removing LFR won't fix that.
    I 3d print stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Imagine actually thinking "basically no one" raids outside of lfr. Lol.
    The information we have available from Blizzard (and MMO-C, they checked in MoP) were single-digit percent for heroic (mythic nowadays) and in the ~10-20% range for normal (heroic now)