Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dont understand why people still want this to return this was awfal back in wrath imo
    I thought of it as fun. And now there is a lot more to do than raid in wow. Less time in raids could mean more time for other things in wow. But it is just my opinion :-)
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you people care so much about LFR?

If you don't like it, don't fucking do it.

People who do like it, for whatever their reasons are, let them do it.

Honestly this topic is just people who either have nothing else to complain about in-game or don't understand how petty they really can be about making a crusade against an in-game tool that literally has nothing to do with them. I've seen the argument of people saying they don't like playing with bad players/noob players/toxic players when they LFR. It's almost as if they can choose not to play with those kinds of people by simply not doing LFR.

I really don't understand the insistence of people on this website wanting to "discuss" removing LFR or making threads like "would you still play the game if LFR is removed" as if LFR is that much of a significant device/in-game tool. <--- that's a trick statement, because if LFR doesn't matter to you, then it's not a significant in-game device for you.
    Let other people use whatever tools in-game they want or need to use.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-28 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post

Becouse it does. LFR have big impact on players enjoment of content, it has giant impact on power inflation what creates unbalances between classes and need of seasonal gameplay. It removes desire specialy for new players play beyond LFR as most people after LFR consider game being beaten and rather quit than do same content all over again. It ruins community aspect, social structure. Removes need for guild, promotoes toxic behaviour and incitiave solo over group play in mmo game.

Do you want me to continue with more cons of LFR exitence?
    A community will always be toxic if nothing is done by the people running it. It’s the same as a parent allowing their a*hole kid to do whatever they want.

The game has been like this since its inception, albeit less since we had GMs. Ninja looting and bad manners existed in trade pugs before LFR was introduced. It’s nothing new, and you can still socialize in your Normal/Heroic pugs if you don’t like LFR. You don’t have to like it, that’s why it’s optional.

I haven't used lfr since legion. Nothing would change for me.

Even though I don't care about LFR existing or not at this point as the content has no value to me, I also think it's naïve to say it doesn't affect the game at all. Some of the biggest problems with power gaps and them balancing gear comes from the fact that we have too many raid modes and LFR is a part of that problem. But with that said I think it would be weird to remove the feature at this stage because LFR has been in the game longer than it didn't exist, so even though LFR is part of that problem where your character has to leap forward a whole expansion worth of power for every patch, it would probably cause a bigger problem to remove it than to keep it.

My personal opinion has always been that rather than removing LFR, they really should just find a middle ground to merge Normal/HC into one mode. That would improve the situation with power levels a bit (having only 3 difficulties instead of 4), I think you can make a case for either normal or HC being a bit redundant at this point as well. You can keep LFR for the people who have no interest in serious raiding/just want to see the content, you can have a merged normal/HC mode that exists for more casual guilds/for people to dip their toes in, for alt runs and such, and keep mythic for the serious guilds.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I haven't set foot in LFR since Legion. I raid Mythic. That said I think few things that Blizzard could ever do to raiding would impact me as much as if they removed the casual difficulty. Raid quality skyrocketed once they added LFR. LFR has never impacted me in anything but a positive way so why would I want it gone?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Dont run lfr now unless I want a transmog piece so sure?

Honestly since they took out power rewards from lfr I don't see the problem. Leave the demon to his demons and move on. There is nothing left for you here...

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I thought of it as fun. And now there is a lot more to do than raid in wow. Less time in raids could mean more time for other things in wow. But it is just my opinion :-)
    Raids are usually the "meat and potatoes" of an online game. Stories build up these big bad guys and that's where you end up fighting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i was still playing then removing LFR wouldn't really affect me so yeah i guess i would still play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Even though I don't care about LFR existing or not at this point as the content has no value to me, I also think it's naïve to say it doesn't affect the game at all. Some of the biggest problems with power gaps and them balancing gear comes from the fact that we have too many raid modes and LFR is a part of that problem. But with that said I think it would be weird to remove the feature at this stage because LFR has been in the game longer than it didn't exist, so even though LFR is part of that problem where your character has to leap forward a whole expansion worth of power for every patch, it would probably cause a bigger problem to remove it than to keep it.

My personal opinion has always been that rather than removing LFR, they really should just find a middle ground to merge Normal/HC into one mode. That would improve the situation with power levels a bit (having only 3 difficulties instead of 4), I think you can make a case for either normal or HC being a bit redundant at this point as well. You can keep LFR for the people who have no interest in serious raiding/just want to see the content, you can have a merged normal/HC mode that exists for more casual guilds/for people to dip their toes in, for alt runs and such, and keep mythic for the serious guilds.
    One interesting thing to note is that Flex mode was its own mode in MoP. They could’ve left out Heroic or Normal, but instead implemented Flex to all modes and renamed them - Heroic to Mythic, Normal to Heroic, etc.

The power gap could also be smaller if they stopped inflating stats between modes, this would make previous raid tiers useful. At the moment, upgrades are in large increments with legendaries and powers/sockets raising the power gaps.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think I would. I don’t do LFR much.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    i agree with the more things to do but separate 10/25 man mode was awfal no balance atall and all the fighting about which was better......noty

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing stuff to do isn't going to make me more inclined to play again, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn’t affect me. I’ve done LFR maybe 8 times since it released in 4.3. It’s boring and it feels absolutely horrible to wipe on bosses when they’re piss easy. I still don’t see a valid reason for removing it, especially if it’s the only way part of the player base sees the content. I’d hope people would just find raiding guilds that fit their schedule, but to each their own.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Can we remove all other forms of raiding while we are at it, since there is not a single valid reason to only remove the most used mode of it?

No way. They should remove normal, heroic and mythic and then buff the difficulty of LFR, remove all combat addon and let us all learn together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    If Blizzard removed tourist mode from the game, would you continue to play it?

(if I knew how to make a poll I would.)
    Never heard of tourist mode. But I have been away for a while. Is this like the real tourist mode, where there is some guide leading a group of people around Azeroth and the other worlds. Visiting locations. Explaining the history. Stands to buy souvenirs. I heard there is a selfie in the game. So maybe there is a tourist mode.

Would be quite neat to heard about Orgrimmar, Stormwind etc.

Oh look, yet another thread on removing LFR.

Tourist mode would be if you got into a raid with a bunch of NPCs.

Tourist mode isn't the problem.

M+ is killing everything. You may disagree-that's perfectly fine.

But why raid when M+ gives the same and better? Especially now that to raid, you must commit to a huge time sink in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by SolasSlyM3 View Post
    Tourist mode isn't the problem.

M+ is killing everything. You may disagree-that's perfectly fine.

But why raid when M+ gives the same and better? Especially now that to raid, you must commit to a huge time sink in M+.
    Flipping that around, maybe the problem is that the expecting enormous logistical efforts from players in order to raid is unreasonable in 2021 when people can literally dive into a million other activities for far less effort.

(also the idea that m+ has better gear in the era of dom sockets is farcical on its face)
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore