Thread: Is it lazy....

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it lazy....

....to grab all the groceries from your car at once to save a trip going back out to the car?

On the one hand, you're trying make as few trips as possible which seems lazy, but on the other hand, you're willing to carry as much as you possibly can which seems not lazy.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-09-28 at 08:10 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

To me it seems more like 'efficient' than lazy. Work smarter not harder. Or in this case more like... work harder, not longer ^^

Never underestimate how hard lazy people will work to avoid doing something. >.>

Laziness is the mother of invention

-Garfield
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lazy would be taking out only the stuff that needs to be refrigerated or used that day.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    In some states that's a felony.

When I was younger i designed a whole mock religion based on laziness being the prime virtue.

Grabbing all the groceries in one-trip falls along the line of a concept called "misplaced effort".... putting more effort into being lazy than it would be just to do the thing you're trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    When I was younger i designed a whole mock religion based on laziness being the prime virtue.

Grabbing all the groceries in one-trip falls along the line of a concept called "misplaced effort".... putting more effort into being lazy than it would be just to do the thing you're trying to avoid.
    Interesting.....however.....in my trip from car to kitchen, there's a 3 step stair into my door. Every trip, exponentially increase the amount fo stairs you must traverse.

Also, in regards to your religion....that seems like it took a lot of effort......
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-09-28 at 10:04 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Efficient.
    And the possibility of tripping on thise stairs increase with more trips...(o see that)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, it’s efficient… so long as you can do so without harming the groceries.

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn’t. Look up exponential.
    I mean, no i used it correctly. Grats on being THAT guy though.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/exponentially
    exponentially-
    Use exponentially when you want to say that something's increasing quickly by large amounts. Your friends and colleagues will be pleased to hear that your vocabulary is growing exponentially.

No, you didn’t. It would have to grow exponentially, via an exponent, to qualify. Growing by 6 steps every additional trip is arithmetic. See, every time includes the 1000th extra trip. 6 on top of 6000 isn’t a large number. Every.
    I literally just gave you a fucking definition. Jesus fucking christ.

You, trying to impress people, think there's one definition. There isn't. Learn things, before you act like a douche. For fuck's sake I was trying to have a fun conversation with no stakes, and you had to waltz in, be an ass, get objectively proven wrong, and you still double down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is a weird thread.

No, I don't think that's lazy. Or, well, I suppose it might depend a little bit, but I'd say it's a matter of efficiency or smartness, rather than laziness. I suppose you could do the opposite and carry 1 item at a time, but nobody is going to compliment you on how hard-working you are. They'd call you a spaz, and rightfully so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    In some states that's a felony.
    Come again?
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-28 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Interesting.....however.....in my trip from car to kitchen, there's a 3 step stair into my door. Every trip, exponentially increase the amount fo stairs you must traverse.

Also, in regards to your religion....that seems like it took a lot of effort......
    But it was all misplaced effort...and therefore good :P

Yes, and when you applied the modifier every to it it made it invalid. Anything beyond 1 extra trip violates said definition.
    No it didn't. You're wrong and objectively so. Just go away. This is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    But it was all misplaced effort...and therefore good :P
    Touché. Well played.

You said every trip is an exponential increase. That falls short of both the mathematical and colloquial definitions.
    I. FUCKING. POSTED. ONE.

Stop. This is straight up trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I. FUCKING. POSTED. ONE.

Stop. This is straight up trolling.
    Best just to ignore Vegas when he gets like this. This is a hill he is willing to die on.

Do whatever is necessary to get all the groceries in the house in one trip. There should be Purge-like anything goes laws to protect you from the consequences of having to go back out to the car. Worse than death.

I once carried my two children, my purse, dozen or so bags, a 24 case of canned tomatoes, and my daughter's backpack.

I don't know where the strength came from, but I knew if it was one of my kids or a trip back I would have a Sophie's Choice moment potentially. I'll make more babies, but not going back for those tomatoes.

Anything to avoid that second trip.

What? Words having meanings?
    Not according to you they don't. Following your bullshit, words have meaning. Singular. And its whatever meaning you queefed into existence. And you'll argue it, without proof, even though proof was provided showing you're full of shit.

What? Words having meanings?
    I didn't tell him to ignore you just to get into it with you myself.

How is 6 steps an exponential increase when you’ve taken 24 of them already?

- - - Updated - - -

Exponential growth is a process that increases quantity over time. It occurs when the instantaneous rate of change of a quantity with respect to time is proportional to the quantity itself.

Sorry, it’s not exponential.
    You can keep repeating the same definition over and over and over. It doesn't;t mean the actual definition I posted is a figment of imagination.

Have the nuts to admit you're wrong. I have proven it.

I explained how yours doesn’t work. Tell me how 6 is large compared to 60. Remember, you said every trip. Not just the first extra one.
    No.

Besides the fact that you're arguing purely on subjective buillshit, you are making up numbers because you're a coward.

You said the word was used incorrectly. I provided proof it is not.

You've spewed shit, and when it that wasn't working, you decided to use subjective stupidity. All because you willingly had to be an asshole and then be too much of a coward to admit you're wrong.

Just go away. You can have the last word.