1. #1

    Wrong way to play?

    I consider myself pretty open-minded regarding playstyles. If you want to RP, then RP. PvE? PvP? It's all respectable. One thing, though, that I do not like is people playing MMOs as life-sims. Donning bathing suits and chilling at your decorated house... that is not the way the game is meant to be played. I could say, "Well, it's not harming anybody"... but it is. These people are why everything is casual as fuck. Resources go into housing instead of challenging content. Half the community logs in to play house in FFXIV, for example. As a tumblr user, all I encounter are screens of girls' e-bfs in-game.

    Play Second Life or The Sims instead. This is not how WoW, or any other MMORPG, should be played. IMO...

  2. #2
    Okay!

    I say as I decorate my FFXIV house. And later I'll probably do some runs for Glams.

  3. #3
    I envy them... I can only imagine enjoying a game free from blizzards fuckery.for the rper the great question is already answered..

    You look at a gaming culture that is strong and dispise it for being simplistic. Who are we to judge? The mythic raiders and their decaying empire? The casuals on the road to their own ruin and for what!?!

    To find answers to questions a rper would never think to ask in the first place.

  4. #4
    You start your post by acknowledging that there is no wrong way to play, then immediately lambaste players who play the game a certain way that you don't like.

    10/10, almost fell for the bait


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Resources go into housing instead of challenging content. Half the community logs in to play house in FFXIV, for example.
    Not everyone wants challenging content
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Not everyone wants challenging content
    Okay, but this is not even playing the game. It's playing a sandbox way in a theme park game.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Half the community logs in to play house in FFXIV, for example.
    So a game should ignore half of its community just because it is something you don't like? The amusing part is you say you are open minded and will accept people role playing and then rant about people role playing because it is a "life sim" rather then playing a game the way you think it should be played.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Nalam the Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Okay, but this is not even playing the game. It's playing a sandbox way in a theme park game.
    Challenge is the enemy of fun.



    I much prefer easy content like M+ rather than mythic raiding.

    Also the Mob grinding in something like black desert is very fun.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Okay, but this is not even playing the game. It's playing a sandbox way in a theme park game.
    How is it not...if the game wasnt open to this then it wouldnt be allowed. If I wanted to go to Disney land sit on a bench and 200 Turkey Legs then I can and no one cares if I wanted to run a whorehouse out of Silvermoon in an RP server it's my perogative

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    3,082
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I consider myself pretty open-minded regarding playstyles. If you want to RP, then RP. PvE? PvP? It's all respectable. One thing, though, that I do not like is people playing MMOs as life-sims. Donning bathing suits and chilling at your decorated house... that is not the way the game is meant to be played. I could say, "Well, it's not harming anybody"... but it is. These people are why everything is casual as fuck. Resources go into housing instead of challenging content. Half the community logs in to play house in FFXIV, for example. As a tumblr user, all I encounter are screens of girls' e-bfs in-game.

    Play Second Life or The Sims instead. This is not how WoW, or any other MMORPG, should be played. IMO...

    The game is meant to be played the way the developers designed it to be played, not the way you think it should be played. They put in bathing suits and housing, so people putting them to use is playing the game right.

  11. #11
    I'll get hate but let me tell you, gatekeeping is good. It always starts with a small demand to be included, then small demands for minor changes, next thing you know, its no where near the same game you used to enjoy. Ppl that cry about gatekeeping are weak. Mock them.
    Some people think rape threats are acceptable, smh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you are calling a "rape threat" online from a complete stranger as harassment? Why wouldn't you shrug that off when it has 0% chance of actually happening?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The game is meant to be played the way the developers designed it to be played, not the way you think it should be played. They put in bathing suits and housing, so people putting them to use is playing the game right.
    They didn't put in bathing suits and housing because they're benevolent beings who only want what's good for the game... they put them in for short term profits at the cost of the long term health of the game.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    They didn't put in bathing suits and housing because they're benevolent beings who only want what's good for the game... they put them in for short term profits at the cost of the long term health of the game.
    ...so in your own words the way the game is meant to be played

  14. #14
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    35,995
    This isn't your blog, and people can play the game however they want to. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •