Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movie] new super Mario bros movie

So don’t see a thread on this yet mostly cause we don’t have a trailer but they have atleast named the many actors playing key roles in the movie.
    With actors as Chris Pratt being the voice of Mario and some of the recents successful game movies(Sonic, detective pikachu).
    I’m cautiously optimistic that this could potentially be a decent movie.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7634766/

From what I read it is suppose to be animated rather than Live Action. So I'm already optimistic it will be better than most just because they have more freedom with animation styles than they do with live action at times. Plus despite liking the original Super Mario Bros. movie to an extent I can already see this one be a lot better.

As much as I love Chris I honestly can't imagine him voicing Mario...

5+ Year Old Account
    I played since a kid...but, is there an actual story??

Not sure why they went with Crisp Rat to voice act Mario of all people. They even hinted that the original voice for Mario will have some role in the movie.

From the rest of their cast, I imagine it'll be a goofy movie though. Just Jack Black as Bowser alone is already a sign that this won't be a particularly serious movie. And I frankly wouldn't have it any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

5+ Year Old Account
    Obviously since he's a big star most people like him. He's not doing shakespear, so don't matter much how good his voice is, I think movie's success will depend on animation, if they don't creep people out like 1st sonic trailer which was a crime against humanity

The casting for the first movie was amazing,it was the script,set,and directing that made it the glorious train wreck we all know and love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    From the rest of their cast, I imagine it'll be a goofy movie though. Just Jack Black as Bowser alone is already a sign that this won't be a particularly serious movie. And I frankly wouldn't have it any other way.
    Okay, consider myself intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    All depends on how you look at it. There are a variety of things they could do with the story. They had a "Super Mario Brothers Super Show" and "Super Mario World" cartoons back in the '90s that had some stories to them and stuff.

I feel the same way. Video game movies like this shouldn't be something that is real serious. It should have some goofy/funny aspects to it. If it was being serious is just would feel off. Sure some moments can be serious, but the overall tone shouldn't be that way. This was one of the many aspects that the original failed on and interested in seeing a trailer once one is available. I was flipping through the list the other day and saw Jack Black as Bowser and it peaked my interest some more because I'm curious to see how he handles the character.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously since he's a big star most people like him. He's not doing shakespear, so don't matter much how good his voice is, I think movie's success will depend on animation, if they don't creep people out like 1st sonic trailer which was a crime against humanity
    Personally I buy into the conspiracy theory the first trailer was a fake to get people talking about it,just like they did with “new coke cola”/ classic coke.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I would think that how your voice sounds is very important when you're doing voice acting.

He is an actor and there is a bunch we can do with technology but I am sad that charles martinet won't be playing mario. Also Danny devito and Charlie day as mario and Luigi wouldve been great. It is weird that they chose someone who has made anti Italian comments to play mario.

Hoping we get some much needed walugi lore.
    Its mario, i imagine the minimal is pasta sauce commercial voice, its not some serious italian character, but a game where char jumps on mushrooms n fights turtles..figure is a stereotype n stuff..

though they better not, this is too jarring...

I mean would u demand that someone voicing Swedish chef would need to know speak proper Swedish??
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-09-29 at 11:12 AM.

Are we certain that the cast announcement wasn't a joke? I know it was a Nintendo Direct and all, but saying that Chris Pratt will voice Mario and Charles Martinet will "also be in there" sounds like something they said for fun, and I could totally see Pratt allowing them to use his name just for that.

I am curious of what Jack Black would/will do with Bowser, though.

Kinda. The main games are very formulaic, and only expand the "world" by adding locations (inconsistently placed in relation to each other) and characters (often redundant, such as Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr., Koopa Kid, and the Koopalings). The RPG games have a bit more meat, and frequently feature Mario teaming up with Bowser to fight against something worse than him.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2021-09-29 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A blonde needs the help of two plumbers when she gets in trouble due to a turtle in her pipes.
    Hi

Not sure why they went with Crisp Rat to voice act Mario of all people. They even hinted that the original voice for Mario will have some role in the movie.

Expecting Mario to be a "serious movie"... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    A blonde needs the help of two plumbers when she gets in trouble due to a turtle in her pipes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I am curious of what Jack Black would/will do with Bowser, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Expecting Mario to be a "serious movie"... lol
    Sure.

But to be honest, there is some potential for some serious shit in Super Mario games. Take Super Mario Sunshine for example, where Bowser Junior claims Peach is his mother, and she doesn't even try to deny it (it is revealed in the credits that this was a lie). But my God, if that were true, then her underskirt region must by now resemble a First World War battle trench.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Fite me but I like the og, its ridiculous but it also has John Leguizamo and Dennis hopper being prime ham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re not really making a great case here when you’re focused on bowser and peach sex.
    It was just an example. There are more, if you are willing to dig a little.

Besides, sex is plenty serious.

Not to mention that the obvious implication is that it wouldn't have been consensual. And if that isn't enough serious for you in the Mushroom Kingdom, then you do you, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The obvious implication is that sex that never happened was non-consenual?
    Sigh...

I said, If that were true. As in, yes, it wasn't. But Nintendo was still comfortable enough to make you believe it was, for a good while. How about you put that as a movie plot?

It was just a hypothetical. What if the credits sequence never told you it was a lie?

There would be a chance at having an actual story if they took after the RPGs, commonly praised for their exceptional narratives; but they won't.

Miyamoto is a game designer, not a writer. He doesn't even think the aforementioned RPGs need to have stories in the first place. That should be all you need to know in regards to how this movie is going to turn out

10+ Year Old Account
    They made you wonder wtf, they didn’t make me think about Bowser ripping up Peach in a rape. That’s all you.
    Almost every single Mario story starts with Bowser kidnapping Peach... and then Bowsers kid shows up, claiming Peach is his mom. With Peach not saying anything. All this was, was pointing out that there is potential for a serious Mario story. Of course, it's never going to happen, because Mario has always been about fun family stuff. But the potential is there.

Is there a time period, where you are not this fucking insufferable? I'm done replying to you.