Can we insult people who just repeat the same thing?

It seems like it is the most toxic part of the forums. People being willfully dense repeating nonsense over and over hoping to goad someone into calling them an idoit to get them banned.

If a person is being a fool the healthiest thing to do is insult him repeatedly ideally. You can see it in a lot of the popular threads people with hundreds of posts who never contribute or even read the subject and just bleat out the same post over and over again. Over moderation allows them to do so. So I would humbly suggest allowing people to call idoits...well idoits.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    If a person is being a fool the healthiest thing to do is insult him repeatedly ideally.
    Or just like... ignore them? Yeah, I'm gonna say the healthiest and best thing to do is just ignore people being stupid.

So something I will start doing now with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Or just like... ignore them? Yeah, I'm gonna say the healthiest and best thing to do is just ignore people being stupid.

So something I will start doing now with this thread.
    I guess so problem is it kills threads leaving them to become endless circle jerks around showing how that singular person is wrong.

If you could get the entire community to do that it works great. Until then bullying them out is rather effective when not impeded.

It seems like it is the most toxic part of the forums. People being willfully dense repeating nonsense over and over hoping to goad someone into calling them an idoit to get them banned.

If a person is being a fool the healthiest thing to do is insult him repeatedly ideally. You can see it in a lot of the popular threads people with hundreds of posts who never contribute or even read the subject and just bleat out the same post over and over again. Over moderation allows them to do so. So I would humbly suggest allowing people to call idoits...well idoits.
    I'd say the healthiest thing to do is to use the tools at your disposal. If you find the content of the post offensive, report the post. If you find that the poster is always posting shit, add them to your ignore list.

Name calling isn't going to actually accomplish anything, and we should strive to be better. I know how tempting it is, and I've lost my temper on more than one occasion, but sometimes it takes more strength to just walk away that to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'd say the healthiest thing to do is to use the tools at your disposal. If you find the content of the post offensive, report the post. If you find that the poster is always posting shit, add them to your ignore list.

Name calling isn't going to actually accomplish anything, and we should strive to be better. I know how tempting it is, and I've lost my temper on more than one occasion, but sometimes it takes more strength to just walk away that to do anything else.
    Except that exasperated the problem as the forum slowly gets clogged with people stating non points... it is a nasty situation to be in and the three effective choices are either. Insult them showing it isn't a discussion but a ribbing of them, moderation stepping in to push the conversation forward, or ignoring the issue until they spam up the thread till it does.

The latter so far seems to be the go to and I find it rather irritating since praying for ignores doesn't really function in anything but an extremely small community.

Except that exasperated the problem as the forum slowly gets clogged with people stating non points... it is a nasty situation to be in and the three effective choices are either. Insult them showing it isn't a discussion but a ribbing of them, moderation stepping in to push the conversation forward, or ignoring the issue until they spam up the thread till it does.

The latter so far seems to be the go to and I find it rather irritating since praying for ignores doesn't really function in anything but an extremely small community.
    The problem is that it will just become an insult war, with people insulting one another non stop. That will kill the discussion dead.

Sadly, there isn't a perfect solution here. But I don't think that insulting posters is going to accomplish anything good in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Use the ignore function if someone is aggravating you. Escalating things doesn't benefit anyone. If you feel they are violating site rules, report them, don't violate them yourself.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |