Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Since you specifically asked...

Meanwhile, the only sexy dresses available in WoW are festive holiday dresses useable a few days in a year and low-poly ones added in 2006, and hats still make you go bald!

And instead of jumping on the HUGE transmog and outfitting craze, Blizzard bizarrely seem to resent the whole system.

And now with the cultural revolution happening at Blizzard HQ and Amish moral values suddenly becoming cool, everyone's gone from wanting more blinged-out filagreed dresses and sexy outfits to "Oh god please don't remove what little we have. They're 17yr old jpg-quality dresses, but it's all we got!"

How ironic that all the "Muh SLIppERy sLOpE FaLLaCy" people are nowhere to be found.

Maybe the "Oh, and Blizzard is also removing flirts and jokes" news hit too early, and they never got the chance to mock everyone for being irked that we're losing yet more Rated T for Teen content?

Weep for all the women who loved their Night Elf characters.

The tree burned. They got genocided. Tyrande ditched her dress made of stars and never made it available for players. And the Night Elf Alizée dance has a Hunter's Mark over it the size of Sargeras' sword.
    I love you.

And I started up my FF14 account again yesterday because thats where the ladies are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Good. They readded burp, fart, moon, cough, and one more. Progress. Now readd the others including ALL of the jokes and flirts.
    They didnt change anything. They were not removed nor changed after the first mention of it, it just wasnt put on the PTR. Its on PTR now with the intentional change, that you cant target anyone with those, only yourself.

Blizzard

User Interface and Accessibility

Several emotes have been adjusted:
    Drool, cough, burp, fart, whistle, spit, and moon no longer change when used while targeting a player.

Developers’ note: Some of these emotes seem to have harmless intentions at a glance, but when used while targeting another player, their intentions can turn unexpectedly suggestive or intrusive. We’ve made adjustments to these emotes with negative connotations towards another player, while also adding a few new ones.
    This still stands, and were always the intended change.

The wowhead article might be a bit misleading with that one, as they were never intended to be removed, but changed than readded.

You can only do those emote on yourself, as intitially intended with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I guess it's a good thing no one said anything about replacing all players with bots or removing all social interaction.
    You did not, but that's the consequence of thinking gameplay>social interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You did not, but that's the consequence of thinking gameplay>social interactions.
    Well... it is. But there's a big difference between saying "gameplay is more important" vs "social interactions are completely unimportant".

The main argument that I first quoted you on was that inhibiting player interaction wasn't always a bad thing. That's not to say ALL interaction should be done away with, but rather there are good reasons to limit certain interactions.

personally I think every joke is offensive

you're always making fun of something, that's insensitive

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why the tauren thing is offensive. (yes I get why they think its offensive) but are there any LGBTQ folks that did actually find it offensive?

The joke is the tauren is a dopey bastard who misunderstands the word homogenized and states his sexual preference. I feel like to find that offensive would just be tantamount to being offended by cis-folks, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I don't get why the tauren thing is offensive. (yes I get why they think its offensive) but are there any LGBTQ folks that did actually find it offensive?

The joke is the tauren is a dopey bastard who misunderstands the word homogenized and states his sexual preference. I feel like to find that offensive would just be tantamount to being offended by cis-folks, no?
    The gist of the joke is as follows: "Homo? Haha, I'm not gay!"

Not exactly fraught with taste, even if it might not be the absolute crudest of humor or like openly disparaging. There's a lot of jokes whose removal was kinda confusing, or seemed a bit misunderstood by the devs going through and making these changes. This was, uh... not one of them.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2021-10-06 at 03:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    The gist of the joke is as follows: "Homo? Haha, I'm not gay!"

Not exactly fraught with taste, even if it might not be the absolute crudest of humor or like openly disparaging. There's a lot of jokes whose removal was kinda confusing, or seemed a bit misunderstood by the devs going through and making these changes. This was, uh... not one of them.
    I mean yeah, I mentioned I get why they think it's offensive, I'm wondering if anyone actually did think it was offensive. Wondering if anyone here found it offensive.

No it's not tasteful but are any of the others? Did anyone think these jokes were classy? The fart jokes? Like I said, I just don't see how that could be offensive unless one is offended by straight people. I hear that and I don't get the impression that its punching down, so I was curious if any of that demographic found it offensive since they'd have better insight than I would.

My interpretation of the joke is that the gist was the dopey tauren doesn't know what that word means. Not that he's making fun of homosexuals.

"I'm not gay" isn't any more offensive to me than "I am gay". It's a big ol'shrug to me, so since so many agree that it is problematic, I wanted some perspective.

(I do feel it necessary to state that I have no horse in this race, it's removal doesn't bug me I'm genuinely just curious about how that's offensive)
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-10-06 at 04:02 PM.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Next expansion will be Hello Kitty Island Adventure at this rate.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

So for those that it does offend, is not typing /joke or /flirt just simply not an option for you? Or is it so offensive and off-putting that you sit there and spam it in disbelief while trying to manage your outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post

The joke itself is kind of homophobic
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. They readded burp, fart, moon, cough, and one more. Progress. Now readd the others including ALL of the jokes and flirts.

Do not readd /spit though. That's understandable. And for the Tauren male, you can just hire the VA to say he likes men too or whatever so it's not offensive.
    I say readd spit but make emotes time out to not allow spam of them
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    How? That's the question. I asked a few guildies of this persuasion last night and they feel similarly in that a dopey tauren misunderstanding a word and saying he likes ladies is stupid, but not homophobic. /shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/suggest...h-9-1-5-324416

yeeeeeah, it appears the devs are finally losing it.
    im not even sure anymore if this is fckn hilarious or just downright sad tbh
    lol wowhead preemptively locked comments that might be even sadder.

I'm sure we all feel this way;

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I sorta blame the people who decided to spam emotes at other players for making choices of their own.
    That hardly warrants removal.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    The ultimate hypocrisy, no even worse than that, the outright lie they told about wanting to just remove all real life references is quite obvious when they're leaving the Madelaine Roux NPC in the game. The woman who made some very anti-white racist comments and keeps on spewing hatred against "white cis men" too.
    I don’t believe they ever said they were going to remove all real life references just that they were dealing with the people related to sexual harassment.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The funny thing is that if WoW keeps going this way, and they're in clear support of this way, there's a good chance they'll continue to hemorrhage subs, which in turn will bleed WoWhead dry as a business too.

We might be watching them dig their own grave.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying you're not gay is not homophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    They locked the comments because the guy who wrote that article is a complete piece of shit that enjoys watching this community devolve into petty shouting matches over bowls of fucking fruit. I'm impressed he didn't inject his pointless opinion into that article, hopefully it means they're on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    They locked the comments because the guy who wrote that article is a complete piece of shit that enjoys watching this community devolve into petty shouting matches over bowls of fucking fruit. I'm impressed he didn't inject his pointless opinion into that article, hopefully it means they're on the mend.
    Wrong.

They create articles for clicks, then lock them because while they are financially invested in using hot topic issues to get clicks, they are ideologically opposed to people disagreeing with their take on those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wrong.

They create articles for clicks, then lock them because while they are financially invested in using hot topic issues to get clicks, they are ideologically opposed to people disagreeing with their take on those issues.
    Look at the previous articles by the author of that article. He has a number of them all on the same subject. That's actually the only one he's done where the comments got locked right away. Most of the other posts he's done are 300+ post flamewars that read a lot like most forum threads around here. Bad faith actors like him are part of the reason cynicism in this community has spread like wildfire. People who seek only to stoke the negativity circlejerking about WoW are part of the reason it's nigh-impossible to have a discussion about how to fix the fucking game. Why bother having a serious discussion when 99% of the people reading it will write it off after the first sentence with "lol dead game."