Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Are you for real? You are simply delusional thinking that your extremely small sample size is even remotely viable to call it "reality".

And again, "mom credit card" is simply a super small error margin in calculations.
    It's not extremely small. It's thousands upon thousands. I've been on the Internet for 20 years, I've known a lot of people.

And again, "mom credit card" is simply a super small error margin in calculations.
    And you can prove this how?

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It's not extremely small. It's thousands upon thousands. I've been on the Internet for 20 years, I've known a lot of people.

And you can prove this how?
    Yes, its small, where vast vast majority of players are adults.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I get it to some degree that they'd remove lude emotes like the ones listed by OP, but not all of them. I think they're trimming the muff a bit too short, chafing the skin to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    I get it to some degree that they'd remove lude emotes like the ones listed by OP, but not all of them. I think they're trimming the muff a bit too short, chafing the skin to say the least.
    I think the majority of poster on here agree there are more important things for Blizzard to attend to with regards to the game health. Every hour they spend repainting girls into fruit and discussing removing emotes is an hour they are not moving forward on addressing the players concerns over the the game. This is like the Simpsons episode when Marge goes to town on Itchy and Scratchy.

No that's just the credit cards info misleading you, mmoc has proven most players are 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Every hour they spend repainting girls into fruit and discussing removing emotes is an hour they are not moving forward on addressing the players concerns over the the game. This is like the Simpsons episode when Marge goes to town on Itchy and Scratchy.
    Well, that's just the point, a lot of these changes aren't supposed to be for the "community" but rather that the developers feel more comfortable.

Which in my opinion is just the most poetic thing about the situation as it basically sums up the developer's attitude towards the game as a whole:
    If you like it, too bad, we don't and we're the devs.

Or, to inverse the statement:
    If you don't like it, too bad, we do and we're the devs.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-11 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Drop the tangent discussions about mental health issues, gender identity, and real-world politics and focus on the PTR changes concerning player emotes.[/b][/color]
    Isn't that the very reason those changes are happening? What else is there to discuss? Will the gameplay be affected? No. It's player perception that it affects and that it is intended to affect and it is for social and political reasons.
    Will idiot streamers have harder time leading up harassment initiatives for their more idiot followers to jump on? No, you can harass with any other repeatable automatic emote or macro a text to your liking.
    The only real effect can be obtained through actual moderation and intervention against harassing behavior in game. You can keep banning text emotes until there are none left and that will still not stop ill intended people.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

These SJW twitter virtue points seeker devs need to learn that they are not developing game for them self. If they are not comfortable with some cheesy sex humor then perhaps they should develop game that is rated E. I loathe when people change/censor something from the past because of feelings of few. If this is not the direction they want game to be then stop doing it but don't go back and rename some fishing trainer named Master Bater.

Everyone with a credit card is going to show up as an adult, but unless the game devs can somehow tell whether it's a kid or adult paying with the card ( which they can't ) it's a meaningless stat.

I'm going to copy and paste a reply I put in a different thread. As I feel it is more relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    actually doing the job we pay a subscription for.
    Simplified. Correct answer.

There is quite a bit of noise and over complication of matters going on. Which is tampering with a product. I don't understand these actions with tampering that are transpiring. (It's not sarcasm either)

It's like a car (any other product. Just using as an example.).. let's say a customer/consumer wants a old vehicle. A 1972 Mustang. Well most buyers would probably like the original product, with original parts and seek it out. (Most desirable) If that consumer wants to make modifications to the vehicle after they have purchased it. Well then that is really up to the buyer. The person selling the vehicle (product) wouldn't sit there and give lectures in mannerisms to the customer/buyer. As this has nothing to do with the actual product. If anything it would probably have them turning the other way.

Simplified it's a product. Yet it's being treated like it isn't one. (For the customers/consumers/buyer) Which makes the situation incredibly awkward. Which makes me feel like this isn't even a real business move, (whatever this is?) which makes me have problems grasping the situation.

If they want to make some type of statement within the company or be "progressive".
    - Offer more opportunities to everyone (I mean everyone),
    - Possible pay raises.
    - Equal pay.
    - Work training. (as people state there was issues there) In reality they have probably already been put through this.
    - Outlet for people to communicate there concerns with safely. (Which I heard they implemented this)
    - Type of bonus even if it is a small one. To show the employees they are valued and appreciate they have stuck through such stressful times. Lift some morale there. (genuine about this)

Most definitely not subject the customer to any of this. Are people getting how bizarre that sounds? How many businesses would never even think of doing something like this to a customer or a seller for a product in general. Not logical.

"Well common this isn't just a product." The core it is, something they are trying to sell. I would agree it is more like a production of art. (Not everyone feels this way, but I lean more towards this) Ok well a lot of people don't like art censored it is violation of artistic freedom and again most importantly they are trying to sell it to us. Which we keep asking the company to politely stop. Some customers are a tad more aggressive about this. I agree with this person that I would just like to see what the current team can offer and look to the future.
    I also wanted to further elaborate. Let's go into the aspect of it is a big production. That a lot of teams get to contribute towards. On the topic of big productions.. I have never seen Weinstein movies get altered or taken off the market. Even though there was evidence. Ultimately it is up to the consumer if they want to continue to support that film studio. Again, nothing has ever been altered in previous productions as it is illogical.

Now this is what current players/customers/consumers are doing with World of Warcraft. You hear multiple people all the time, "vote with your wallet." The company knows that a lot of players have been unhappy with the product. (several different reasons for this) Subscriptions are down, active players are down. So why would they do a move that makes absolutely no sense and I have never seen acceptable in any other form of entertainment. (censoring artistic expression) To further alienate the customerbase. Again this is a product they are trying to sell us. There isn't a vast majority of players saying these changes are what the game needed.

I seen another player offer a great suggestion that if the company is bent on ignoring its customers. (for whatever reasons.. seems illogical in itself for a business.) That if they want to go through this decision in the future patch that maybe they can offer a filter option, just like the one for censoring swear words. That the customer has the option to turn on the filter or not.

I am not supportive of these changes they want to implement. I have demonstrated various reasons I don't feel it makes any sense. I have not seen customers react favorable towards it either.

And the changes are still going... They would quickly change harmless shit in the game in less than a week but take a whole pregnancy to release -1- patch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Will these changes help Blizzard earn more money?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It's going to be a net loss for sure. The hours spent by devs to remove and replace the emotes will never be recouped, and blizz will probably lose more subs than gain from this little distraction.

Sure, the whole debacle that's going on about some pervs and shitty treatment isn't ok, but it doesn't mean that the devs should keep crying foul and not do their work.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Nope. Making a good expansion would earn them more money, not renaming Mac'aree to Eredath.

Who cares? Blizzard can change whatever the fuck they want about the game regardless of whether it fits the criteria of "making money."
    New BiS for 9.1!

[ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]

Yes. From China and the Far, far Left.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yes. From China and the Far, far Left.
    The chinnese localization was already censored as needed by the team in china that runs the game and the ultra far left is about as relevant of a target demopgrahic as targeting blind people for your video game.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The chinnese localization was already censored as needed by the team in china that runs the game and the ultra far left is about as relevant of a target demopgrahic as targeting blind people for your video game.
    But don't you know? Only a left-wing extremist would not be outraged at the removal of "no homo" jokes! (I say this as someone disappointed at the removal of the fart and masturbation jokes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    But don't you know? Only a left-wing extremist would not be outraged at the removal of "no homo" jokes! (I say this as someone disappointed at the removal of the fart and masturbation jokes.)
    My point is more along the lines that this isn't about chasing a target demopgraphic, this is about appeasing the bottom sludge of the working population there, because Blizzard has no plans to actually change something in regards to worker rights for the positive, so they listen to every silly complaint that has some echo instead.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    My point is more along the lines that this isn't about chasing a target demopgraphic, this is about appeasing the bottom sludge of the working population there, because Blizzard has no plans to actually change something in regards to worker rights for the positive, so they listen to every silly complaint that has some echo instead.
    Except you don't know that. You can't know that. And the only reason you're assuming that is because it affirms your already pre-established negative opinion of Blizzard.

It might shock you but there are actual human beings who have actual real feelings who work there. They're the ones making the changes.
    New BiS for 9.1!

[ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ How do you know if somebody posting on a WoW forum is a FFXIV player? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ]