Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    new expansion leak world of warcraft wrath of the censorship
    New features:
    -Female heads now are replaced with random fruits which you can change at barber
    -No emotes cuz something can hurt other ppl feelings
    -Deathwing name is changed to Lifewing cuz death is too cruel to read
    -No more blackwings now they are named as blockwings
    -Lvl reduced to 1 cuz someone can be upset if his lvl is lower than other players
    -Chat is disabled because something can hurt other guys
    -Every enemy has 1health to kill toxicty in m+ raids if someone is dealing less dmg than everyone in group
    -Every enemy who has bones or blood are changed to fluffy birds with flowers on head
    -Undead has now animal costume on themselfs
    -No more pvp because everyone should love each other
    -Achivements are now server wide that means if someone earned achivment everyone on the server got it to make everyone equal
    -No new areas now we are gathering woods, mine ore, pick flowers to rebuild world after cata
    Last edited by Hastis; 2021-09-30 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Gnomes look like adults
    Using old man gnomes as your example is transparant.

Have some official Blizzard™ artwork.

Bertie. Adult gnome, former Gnomeregan soldier. [Wowpedia]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not getting the outcry.

Like, literally they could remove all emotes and it wouldn't affect the game-play in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'm not getting the outcry.

Like, literally they could remove all emotes and it wouldn't affect the game-play in any way.
    Its not so much the effect but the reason and what this entails for the future of the game and to a greater extent narrative choices. They ve been making nonsensical changes back to back and a lot of them are so beyond over the top that its becoming hard to distinguish parody from reality.
    While these seem harmless in the current context you have to think that the future of the game and its narrative is now restricted around these "new" values which involve absurd puritanism and censorship. This will ultimately lead to a soulless product with no flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Which someone could find me the quote that Blizzard made those particularly to appeal to women.
    It was from The WoW Diary: A Journal of Computer Game Development by original WoW designer John Staats. According to market research, player's girlfriends wanted a "non-creepy femme race" to play Horde-side.

Many years later, nothing's changed:

Dead last: Kul Tiran.

I wonder why...

They seem to put more efforts in pointlessly sanitizing the game than actually fixing bugs. Pretty sad to see them bothering to implement such meaningless changes, while we still have bugs on Classic that were signaled in the beta, over two years ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Using old man gnomes as your example is transparant.

Have some official Blizzard™ artwork.

Bertie. Adult gnome, former Gnomeregan soldier. [Wowpedia]
    U mean official hearthstone, not wow art? Yes they are adults, hell they look like what passes as adults now

*looks over at purple haired millenials*

Sure gnomes r immature, but they don't look like toddlers like ff14 lanafels..from ur pictures more like teen/early adult (or 30 year old millenial)

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    New features:
    -Female heads now are replaced with random fruits which you can change at barber
    -No emotes cuz something can hurt other ppl feelings
    -Deathwing name is changed to Lifewing cuz death is too cruel to read
    -No more blackwings now they are named as blockwings
    -Lvl reduced to 1 cuz someone can be upset if his lvl is lower than other players
    -Every enemy has 1health to kill toxicty in m+ raids if someone is dealing less dmg than everyone in group
    -Every enemy who has bones or blood are changed to fluffy birds with flowers on head
    -Undead has now animal costume on themselfs
    -No more pvp because everyone should love each other
    -Achivements are now server wide that means if someone earned achivment everyone on the server got it to make everyone equal
    -No new areas now we are gathering woods, mine ore, pick flowers to rebuild world after cata
    I lol'd
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-09-30 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    U mean official hearthstone, not wow art? Yes they are adults, hell they look like what passes as adults now

*looks over at purple haired millenials*

Sure gnomes r immature, but they don't look like toddlers like ff14 lanafels..from ur pictures more like teen/early adult (or 30 year old millenial)
    Looks like a child to me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Looks like a child to me bro.
    It doesn't look realistic. Neither look like an adult, nor a child. WoW characters are more realistic than that, the artstyle is completely different.

Does the Orc in picture 3 look adult to you? If yes, what age would you assign him?

OT:
    It's not like I ever use emotes. Still, removing something to inhibit player interaction is always bad. I won't say this will break an MMO, but Blizzard will not change the players by changing the game. Removing something is never good.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-09-30 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It doesn't look realistic. Neither like an adult, nor a child. WoW characters are more realistic than that, the artstyle is completely different.

Does the Orc in picture 3 look adult to you? If yes, what age would you assign him?
    he doesnt look realistic but he doesnt look like a child. He looks like a caricature of a young adult orc.

15+ Year Old Account
    How long till they redo character models, quests and dungeon/raids to remove "problematic" parts?

This is beyond dumb, and blaming the 50people in asmongolds chat who /spit on people with store mounts is even dumber.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    New features:
    Actually believeable when you got people in Blizz that take days off because they were called trolls in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    he doesnt look realistic but he doesnt look like a child. He looks like a caricature of a young adult orc.
    give him an age please and give the gnome an age. I think they are both pretty ageless, not children, not adult, not teen.
    also I think you associate pixar movie kids with the gnome of the first picture. In the other pictures the gnome looks not as cartoony.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    blaming the 50people in asmongolds chat who /spit on people with store mounts is even dumber.
    It baffles me that people both here and at Blizzard HQ hate Asmongold so much, they gave him power to change the game.

Imagine Asmongold sitting back and thinking "with a tweet, I changed the game."

And Blizzard saying "You only have that power because we gave it to you. Because we hate you."

It perplexes me.

Wows devs are a joke, they don't deserve your time or money.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Actually believeable when you got people in Blizz that take days off because they were called trolls in chat.

That has to be a fake.
    But if that's the kind of staff working in Blizzard's QA, then we know why Blizzard hasn't released a popular game in years.

Imagine being allowed to take a day off to recover from being called a troll. How are these people able to find jobs????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    give him an age please and give the gnome an age. I think they are both pretty ageless, not children, not adult, not teen.
    also I think you associate pixar movie kids with the gnome of the first picture. In the other pictures the gnome looks not as cartoony.
    Based on what I see there? I d say the gnome is like 10-14 and hes like 30ish.

snip
    How did society become so weak and pathetic? I guess the saying is true:

"Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times"

10+ Year Old Account
    You know by constantly forcing out toxicity in this way only creates toxic positivity in its place...

As someone with mental health issues, I aint gonna judge her... she is most likely paraphrasing too so its probably more affecting that she is sharing.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-09-30 at 12:26 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You know by constantly forcing out toxicity in this way only creates toxic positivity in its place...

As someone with mental health issues, I aint gonna judge her... she is most likely paraphrasing too so its probably more affecting that she is sharing.
    I am a person who struggles immensely with performance stress which has led me to seeing a therapist the past couple months and I will judge because this literally feels like a mockery to serious issues. How is someone allowed to take a day off to recover from being called a troll in general chat in a video game?