Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Thumbs down Several emotes removed in recent PTR build

Several emotes such as fart, burp, cough, pounce, kick, punch, moon, rear, drool, stink, whistle, moan, and more have been removed. Why was this necessary no one had a problem with emotes. The problem was the employees at Blizzard. Does the company not get that??

Even /pizza and /doom have been removed.

What's next? The rating changed from T to E10? That looks like the direction we're going.

10/4/2021

They've now removed several flirts and jokes as part of the emotes removed. Here is only a few apart of the large unnecessary massacre:
    "Hey gorgeous. Wanna try crane position? Oh no... For you, monkey style."
    "Nice pants. What's the drop rate?"
    "Yeah, I would tap dat keg."
    "Hey, hot stuff. Want to try breeding in captivity?"
    "No they're not real, but thanks for noticing."
    "It's like my father always used to say: 'Shut up, and get out.' "
    "My Uncle has brass balls, no really!"
    "I give myself a Dutch oven pedicure every night. I've got no foot fungus at all. My toes are pristine."
    "I like to fart in the tub."
    "One time I laughed so hard I milked all over the floor"
    "Sure, I've got exotic piercings"
    "Once you go dead, you never go back"
    "Interested in joining the mile deep club?"
    "Us undead girls really know how to have a good time, because after all, what's the worst thing that could happen?"
    "I admire a soldier who can... remain... at attention."
    "Have you seen Prophet Velen's new dance? He calls it the 'Mac'Areena'!"
    "I used to be a ten, but then I upgraded to an eleven."
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rBNzsPZ0MhCjjw

Active Thread Warnings:

Let's try to keep this admittedly volatile topic on track. Drop the tangent discussions about mental health issues, gender identity, and real-world politics and focus on the PTR changes concerning player emotes.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-10-04 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added Active Warnings
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Yeah I half blame Asmogold for the spit on the people with lizards campaign for the emote removal

Also the rating can't go down. To E10 for the simple fact of the subscription fee...ESRB I don't think has ever retroactively lowered a rating ever

I guess now we'll have to settle for spamming /wince at people?
    We already /stare at people for being late to raid, I guess this will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Several emotes such as fart, burp, cough, pounce, kick, punch, moon, rear, drool, stink, whistle, moan, and more have been removed. Why was this necessary no one had a problem with emotes. The problem was the employees at Blizzard. Does the company not get that??

Even /pizza and /doom have been removed.

What's next? The rating changed from T to E10? That looks like the direction we're going.
    I sorta blame the people who decided to spam emotes at other players for making choices of their own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard is so intoxicated with this political correctness nonsense that they forgot about that genocide plotline they wrote not so long ago, which culprit they are in the process of redeeming

But sure, I'm certain that removing the /whistle emote will send a strong message.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-09-29 at 10:08 PM.

We did it folks, work place issues of sexual harassment and misconduct has been solved!

Self congratulatory pats for all! \○/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    We did it folks, work place issues of sexual harassment and misconduct has been solved!

Self congratulatory pats for all! \○/
    don't forget the round of drinks and a celebratory cubicle crawl!

/fart, /burp, /stink, /moon and like emotes, I probably wouldn't miss all that much, honestly. The rest seem like a rather... odd move. It's weird enough that I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was some kind of freak bug or something that's just gonna be quietly fixed in another build.

Has anything official actually been said about it?

Only kick, stink, shake, and moan have actually been removed. The others have been altered so that they don't change when targeting other players: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...tes/1082616/17

Several emotes have been adjusted:
    Drool, cough, burp, fart, whistle, spit, and moon no longer change when used while targeting a player.
    Pounce and groan have been adjusted when used while targeting a player.
    4 new emotes have been added – Huzzah, magnificent, impressed, and wince.
    Kick, stink, shake, and moan have been removed.

Developers’ note: Some of these emotes seem to have harmless intentions at a glance, but when used while targeting another player, their intentions can turn unexpectedly suggestive or intrusive. We’ve made adjustments to these emotes with negative connotations towards another player, while also adding a few new ones.

For the first time in my life, I actually feel like WoW is dying. Both in spirit and in the number of fucks the remaining people give.

Blizzard when they deleted a few emotes that were not even slightly inappropriate while their employee still suffer from mysoginism, harassment and rape:
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-09-29 at 10:19 PM.

What a sad state of affairs. Just turn WoW into a kids game already, at this point most Disney shows would be considered more mature with even better writing.

i mean...can't you just /point (and then use any other emote)?

Imagine if they removed /e to allow custom emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xez View Post
    Argent Dawn would riot. Maybe an option to turn off custom emotes from appearing, but removing them outright would simply cripple spontaneous RP events.

Let's remove chat all together - can't hurt anyone's feelings if you can't communicate at all. Keep it plain and simple with only jumping and curated PG emotes

More virtual signaling, more punishing paying customers for crimes they never committed.

- - - Updated - - -

They would kill off whatever RPers are left on Wyrmsrest Accord and Moon Guard.

As if that was the only thing.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/female-...ersions-324371

I guess Black Temple is next?

Bunch of medieval age wannabe cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard is so intoxicated with this political correctness nonsense that they forgot about that genocide plotline they wrote not so long ago, which culprit they are in the process of redeeming

But sure, I'm certain that removing the /whistle emote will send a strong message.
    World of Warcraft: Let's you waltz into people's homes and slaughter them in cold blood as they beg for their puny lives. Let's you split the skulls of prisoners open with a shovel. Let's you participate in horrific Unit 731 style human experimentation (you know, stuff that got Axis scientists hanged for at Nuremburg). Let's you invade other countries and use gas, atomic bombs, and napalm to wipe out entire cities.

Also World of Warcraft: oh, we can't have our nazi dictator call someone "bitch", or have sexy paintings, insult other people in a PvP game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The Wanton Hostess has been renamed Wonton Host, and now transforms into a gender neutral Wraith instead of a Banshee.
    Hahaha, oh man. When the line between real life and satire becomes so blurred that you just don't know anymore.