Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love how they are changing the "Consort" and "concubine" titles for female mobs but keeping it for Krasus and now some male mobs in Karazhan
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Do I support the women who were victims and their opinion to remove the emotes? yes
    How did you even arrive to that conclusion? I mean if I was harassed, the last thing I'd care about was some silly emotes in a video game, I'd want the ones who were doing the harassing fired and maybe some company policy changes regarding employees.

This decision has clearly nothing to do with any of the women but the company just virtue signaling to get public attention away from the real issues so they can give themselves a pat on the back and say "we did it!".

I support the name changes and NPC updates for the most part (I don't approve of the lack of attention regarding some NPCs, like blood elves with golden eyes in BT), but that's about it. I wish the poll was more nuanced though, I voted yes but only as I support some of the changes, not all of them.

I think removing all vaguely sexual flirts and jokes is extreme and not necessarily productive. That being said, some of them were really outdated and obnoxious, and I'm glad they're gone, but I think the scope of what is being removed is way too large and unreasonable, and it's probably going to divide people more than anything.

But eh, maybe I don't see the whole picture of what's happening at Blizzard's (for the better or worse?). I just sincerely hope people who were harassed feel safer now and can work in a respectful environment, the rest... is secondary.

Can somebody please explain THIS being re'moo'ved??

"I know it seems strange, but I'm practically a cow. So why am I wearing leather?"
    Tauren Male Joke.

I mean, you're gonna have to stretch hard to get me to see how AT ALL this was worth removing? What the everloving hell is wrong with that joke, lol?!

Edit: Turns out WoWhead is just being odd, this was never ingame functionally anyways.

Thought for sure they were going to make me imagine some way this was racist.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-10-05 at 05:35 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And that's why Blizzard should defo take a look at FF14 and add stuff like that to the next expansion. I would love to get propper Housing (maybe even Valheim/Minecraft style) aswell as more transmog and customization options.
    FF14 player housing is theoretically great if you're one of the few that can get a plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Can somebody please explain THIS being re'moo'ved??

"I know it seems strange, but I'm practically a cow. So why am I wearing leather?"
    Tauren Male Joke.

I mean, you're gonna have to stretch hard to get me to see how AT ALL this was worth removing? What the everloving hell is wrong with that joke, lol?!

Edit: Turns out WoWhead is just being odd, this was never ingame functionally anyways.

Thought for sure they were going to make me imagine some way this was racist.
    isn't veganism the ultimate social justice?

On one side none of these things are really important or necessary, but they still did kinda give the game a certain touch and identity. By removing everything that could be interpreted as somehow offensive the game will just get stale and boring.

What a hypocritical company.

The only thing that is right and I am sure most people support is the removal of the references to certain irl people like Afrasiabi and Mcree, but everything else is so dumb and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And that's why Blizzard should defo take a look at FF14 and add stuff like that to the next expansion. I would love to get propper Housing (maybe even Valheim/Minecraft style) aswell as more transmog and customization options.
    What they should do is straight up pick up the Wildstar housing team in their entirety and just copy Wildstar housing. Would definitely bring some people back and possibly new ones in.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/suggest...h-9-1-5-324416

yeeeeeah, it appears the devs are finally losing it.
    im not even sure anymore if this is fckn hilarious or just downright sad tbh
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-10-06 at 01:28 AM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I only just realised there was a poll.
    Don't worry I added it yesterday evening. It's very new. I added it after they removed the jokes/flirts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    I understand removing few emotes that could have potentially been offensive, which is a no-no in modern world of special snowflakes, but they removed /doom

Why???? They reached new level of stupidity.
    The only joke I can find offensive is the Tauren Male one about homogenization and the ladies. That's the only one. None of these are remotely offensive. None.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove everything remotely sexual, wont distract from the lawsuit.

They are being puritanical at this point. Next they are coming for my bikini armor transmog, and then anything shows off cleavage! Or legs!

Seriously, they are morons and just lost themselves another sub. This is coming from a woman that grew up with warcraft 2 and starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Remove everything remotely sexual, wont distract from the lawsuit.

They are being puritanical at this point. Next they are coming for my bikini armor transmog, and then anything shows off cleavage! Or legs!

Seriously, they are morons and just lost themselves another sub. This is coming from a woman that grew up with warcraft 2 and starcraft.
    I'm surprised Jaina's belly is exposed in the new artwork they released. Jaina's breasts are also incredibly exposed.

Beautiful artwork --as always the art team doesn't disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm surprised Jaina's belly is exposed in the new artwork they released. Jaina's breasts are also incredibly exposed.

Same. I was sure they were gonna retcon her outfits..... but there is still time to "fix" that pic

10+ Year Old Account

Was this related to the board game? If so thats why they probably got away with it. Little input from the Blizzard team. It is an outsourced board game afterall, so very little influence from Blizzard outside of their approval for the game being made.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    A good game: good gameplay.
    A good MMO: good gameplay + social interactions.

If you can subsitute your fellow players with bots and still have the same experience, you don't play an MMO.
    I guess it's a good thing no one said anything about replacing all players with bots or removing all social interaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Same. I was sure they were gonna retcon her outfits..... but there is still time to "fix" that pic
    I'm guessing when Blizzard sells licensing rights to other companies, like they did for the board game this art is being used for, they also pass on whatever relevant artwork they have in their vault to make sure the established IP aesthetic is maintained. This was probably just one of the old ones they had in their "Wrath of the Lich King" folder from that time. I don't think "fixing" old art that they don't plan to use themselves is a high priority, even to hide some bellybuttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    But NPCs wishing others Death and Hate in main city: "get a rope" is not considered problematic?
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account

That is some pretty disappointing artwork to me. I can't figure out what direction Jaina is actually facing with her legs vs her torso due to some weird displacement going on with her collarbone relative to her shoulders and chest. What in the world is going on with her right collarbone, and where is her left collarbone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by theramoreisthebomb View Post
    i'm surprised jaina's belly is exposed in the new artwork they released. Jaina's breasts are also incredibly exposed.

beautiful artwork --as always the art team doesn't disappointment.
    quick turn that broad into fruit!!!

Good. They readded burp, fart, moon, cough, and one more. Progress. Now readd the others including ALL of the jokes and flirts.

Do not readd /spit though. That's understandable. And for the Tauren male, you can just hire the VA to say he likes men too or whatever so it's not offensive.

Good. They readded burp, fart, moon, cough, and one more. Progress. Now readd the others including ALL of the jokes and flirts.

Do not readd /spit though. That's understandable. And for the Tauren male, you can just hire the VA to say he likes men too or whatever so it's not offensive.
    why is the spit thing understandable lol
    the tauren thing, yeah, i can see that.
    but "spitting" on another player is now suddenly horrible? especially when said player can straight up "spit" back?
    this is a game where people get tortured, driven to madness, ripped apart, burned alive, or have their very souls destroyed. where racism and war crimes are both shown and adressed as such. where players can annoy each other with toys, pvp, mob stealing, trolling and whatever else. the spit thing is downright laughable.
    if someone seriously gets offended when another player /spit emotes them, id argue they should rethink if they are in the right franchise.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.