Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

what does this have to do with sexual harassment
    I think that referencing other cultures is considered offensive now.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’m a liberal, but it’s liberals like those working at Blizz who give sane ones a bad name

They are so indoctrinated into their culture wars that they can’t even unclutch their pearls at work. They need to treat WARcraft as it’s own separate entity with their own morals, and quit trying to indoctrinate the world into SF
    it's like something horrible wrong happened in the early 2010s that made people in the american left and generation Z go nuts

For example I went from being a liberal guy(center left) back 2000s/2010s to be called a "far right" by some idiots in recent years and my political views didn't change one bit.

WTF is going?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's not homophobic but my guess is that the PC states their sexual orientation and that might upset someone that wants to express themselves through their character which does not share that sexual orientation.

Disregarding that the character we are talking about is a bipedal cow / bull, but you know how some are when it comes to that whole sexual orientation / gender stuff.
    Bolded bit at least does make sense, heck I'd consider that enough to change the joke, I'm all for people being able to immerse themselves in their toons for RP if they like and I can see that angle. Just did not get it being homophobic at all lol, danke sir or madam. That satisfies my curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, the good news is that WoW is slowly backing out and leaving a void to be filled. It may be some time but something will eventually fill it. I know the FF mmo is pretty popular. (A little too weaboo for me, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I'm all for people being able to immerse themselves in their toons for RP if they like and I can see that angle.
    Personally, i disagree, because

(1) Homogenized is a play on homogenized milk and Bulls (or Male Tauren) do not produce milk (which you know, is part of the joke)
    (2) It's also playing on the fact Homogenized sounds similiar to homosexual
    (3) The joke does merely states the sexuality, does not degrade any other
    (4) It's a fucking joke, as in, not to be taken serious

My rule of thumb is "When it sounds like an Onion headline, stop" and "WoW Players think a "homogenized" joke is offensive towards non binary genders" sounds like an onion headline.

By that logic, those people would have to blast Oronok Torn-Heart to pieces because he says

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The...th_and_History

I had to be sure, <name>. And to be sure, I had to test you. Please excuse the little masquerade. I am as much a farmer as you are <female/male>. Which is to say, not at all.
    Yes, that Npc just assumes the gender of your character.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-08 at 02:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally, i disagree, because

(1) Homogenized is a play on homogenized milk and Bulls (or Male Tauren) do not produce milk (which you know, is part of the joke)
    (2) It's also playing on the fact Homogenized sounds similiar to homosexual
    (3) The joke does merely states the sexuality, does not degrade any other
    (4) It's a fucking joke, as in, not to be taken serious

My rule of thumb is "When it sounds like an Onion headline, stop" and "WoW Players think a "homogenized" joke is offensive towards non binary genders" sounds like an onion headline.

By that logic, those people would have to blast Oronok Torn-Heart to pieces because he says

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The...th_and_History

Yes, that Npc just assumes the gender of your character.
    All valid points, but I just mean that I get the approach of someone saying: "I'm gay and I want to roleplay my character as gay. My male tauren stating he isn't breaks my immersion". I hadn't considered that angle, it makes sense.

That said I still don't personally agree with removing them, but I also don't care too much beyond my initial curiosity of why that joke was ever considered offensive to begin with. I tend to prefer adding toggle options over removing stuff, but that can get complicated I guess.

As for Oronok, in his case he is an NPC quest giver, and exists in both RP and non-RP realms, so that, to me, would be a case of "you're going to need to rely on your own suspension of disbelief when you do this quest if you're RPing a non cis-gendered character".

Though I'm sure some would then ask: Where is the line? Why can't we change Oronok too if we can change this male tauren joke?

At which point I would probably just say sorry, Oronok is an ignorant bigot, they exist on Azeroth too.

I like your onion headline rule. (Though are we still allowed to say rule of thumb?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The joke itself is kind of homophobic
    As a bi guy myself, I fail to perceive the homophobia in the joke. Yes, it's silly af, but isn't it exactly the point? Hell, you type /silly to hear that, for the Eternal Sun's sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Well, the good news is that WoW is slowly backing out and leaving a void to be filled. It may be some time but something will eventually fill it. I know the FF mmo is pretty popular. (A little too weaboo for me, though.)
    ESO is quite neat, I can really recommend it for those who want a more RPG-y experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Nuh-uh!
    Your repeated denials of the existence of the millions of women playing the game, your denial of their reasons why (in their own voice), and your denial of the source (the devs themselves), is beginning to border on fundamentalism.

I fear nothing will persuade you because it's your entrenched, strongly-held belief. Or perhaps you're waving a flag for Team A, so Team B must be bad no matter what they do and everyone must stay away for they speak only lies.

So we've reached the point where I'll just have to leave you in the carefully-walled world you've created; No, millions of women are NOT playing the game, the game devs are lying, and the women speaking are wrong wrong wrong.

I don't know what benefit you get out of this intractible worldview, but you're not harming anyone, so... have fun.

On an unrelated note, I think we can all agree that the Tauren's "HOW... may I aid you?" line has it's days numbered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_(greeting)
    Last edited by thottstation; 2021-10-09 at 05:01 AM.

Californians totally like....gonna do like, hella Californian things, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I fear nothing will persuade you because it's your entrenched, strongly-held belief
    It is not belief. It is fact. From my point of view those polls/stats are wrong because the REALITY I have experienced prove them to be wrong.

If tomorrow a study came and said most people in East Europe are black, I wouldn't believe it either, because I have experienced the REALITY of the situation here and I know it to be false.

At the end of the day, saying " Our game is nearly 50% women " is a huge PR move so they have every benefit in the world to lie/present misleading stats.

The FACT that just about every kid playing with mom's credit card would show as female in their stats makes the entire ''study'' misleading. Outright false.

I'm surprised people on this forum are willing to accept the 7 men to 3 women as fact considering how easy it is to gain false information from credit card info or polls. This is a mockery of statistics and fact checking.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could anyone support this? It's one of the dumbest things they've ever done.

It is not belief. It is fact. From my point of view those polls/stats are wrong because the REALITY I have experienced prove them to be wrong.

If tomorrow a study came and said most people in East Europe are black, I wouldn't believe it either, because I have experienced the REALITY of the situation here and I know it to be false.

At the end of the day, saying " Our game is nearly 50% women " is a huge PR move so they have every benefit in the world to lie/present misleading stats.

The FACT that just about every kid playing with mom's credit card would show as female in their stats makes the entire ''study'' misleading. Outright false.

I'm surprised people on this forum are willing to accept the 7 men to 3 women as fact considering how easy it is to gain false information from credit card info or polls. This is a mockery of statistics and fact checking.
    Are you for real? You are simply delusional thinking that your extremely small sample size is even remotely viable to call it "reality".

And again, "mom credit card" is simply a super small error margin in calculations.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Are you for real? You are simply delusional thinking that your extremely small sample size is even remotely viable to call it "reality".

And again, "mom credit card" is simply a super small error margin in calculations.
    It's not extremely small. It's thousands upon thousands. I've been on the Internet for 20 years, I've known a lot of people.

And you can prove this how?

It's not extremely small. It's thousands upon thousands. I've been on the Internet for 20 years, I've known a lot of people.

And you can prove this how?
    Yes, its small, where vast vast majority of players are adults.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I get it to some degree that they'd remove lude emotes like the ones listed by OP, but not all of them. I think they're trimming the muff a bit too short, chafing the skin to say the least.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    I get it to some degree that they'd remove lude emotes like the ones listed by OP, but not all of them. I think they're trimming the muff a bit too short, chafing the skin to say the least.
    I think the majority of poster on here agree there are more important things for Blizzard to attend to with regards to the game health. Every hour they spend repainting girls into fruit and discussing removing emotes is an hour they are not moving forward on addressing the players concerns over the the game. This is like the Simpsons episode when Marge goes to town on Itchy and Scratchy.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes, its small, where vast vast majority of players are adults.
    No that's just the credit cards info misleading you, mmoc has proven most players are 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Every hour they spend repainting girls into fruit and discussing removing emotes is an hour they are not moving forward on addressing the players concerns over the the game. This is like the Simpsons episode when Marge goes to town on Itchy and Scratchy.
    Well, that's just the point, a lot of these changes aren't supposed to be for the "community" but rather that the developers feel more comfortable.

Which in my opinion is just the most poetic thing about the situation as it basically sums up the developer's attitude towards the game as a whole:
    If you like it, too bad, we don't and we're the devs.

Or, to inverse the statement:
    If you don't like it, too bad, we do and we're the devs.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-11 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Drop the tangent discussions about mental health issues, gender identity, and real-world politics and focus on the PTR changes concerning player emotes.[/b][/color]
    Isn't that the very reason those changes are happening? What else is there to discuss? Will the gameplay be affected? No. It's player perception that it affects and that it is intended to affect and it is for social and political reasons.
    Will idiot streamers have harder time leading up harassment initiatives for their more idiot followers to jump on? No, you can harass with any other repeatable automatic emote or macro a text to your liking.
    The only real effect can be obtained through actual moderation and intervention against harassing behavior in game. You can keep banning text emotes until there are none left and that will still not stop ill intended people.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

These SJW twitter virtue points seeker devs need to learn that they are not developing game for them self. If they are not comfortable with some cheesy sex humor then perhaps they should develop game that is rated E. I loathe when people change/censor something from the past because of feelings of few. If this is not the direction they want game to be then stop doing it but don't go back and rename some fishing trainer named Master Bater.