Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes, its small, where vast vast majority of players are adults.
    Everyone with a credit card is going to show up as an adult, but unless the game devs can somehow tell whether it's a kid or adult paying with the card ( which they can't ) it's a meaningless stat.

I'm going to copy and paste a reply I put in a different thread. As I feel it is more relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    actually doing the job we pay a subscription for.
    Simplified. Correct answer.

There is quite a bit of noise and over complication of matters going on. Which is tampering with a product. I don't understand these actions with tampering that are transpiring. (It's not sarcasm either)

It's like a car (any other product. Just using as an example.).. let's say a customer/consumer wants a old vehicle. A 1972 Mustang. Well most buyers would probably like the original product, with original parts and seek it out. (Most desirable) If that consumer wants to make modifications to the vehicle after they have purchased it. Well then that is really up to the buyer. The person selling the vehicle (product) wouldn't sit there and give lectures in mannerisms to the customer/buyer. As this has nothing to do with the actual product. If anything it would probably have them turning the other way.

Simplified it's a product. Yet it's being treated like it isn't one. (For the customers/consumers/buyer) Which makes the situation incredibly awkward. Which makes me feel like this isn't even a real business move, (whatever this is?) which makes me have problems grasping the situation.

If they want to make some type of statement within the company or be "progressive".
    - Offer more opportunities to everyone (I mean everyone),
    - Possible pay raises.
    - Equal pay.
    - Work training. (as people state there was issues there) In reality they have probably already been put through this.
    - Outlet for people to communicate there concerns with safely. (Which I heard they implemented this)
    - Type of bonus even if it is a small one. To show the employees they are valued and appreciate they have stuck through such stressful times. Lift some morale there. (genuine about this)

Most definitely not subject the customer to any of this. Are people getting how bizarre that sounds? How many businesses would never even think of doing something like this to a customer or a seller for a product in general. Not logical.

"Well common this isn't just a product." The core it is, something they are trying to sell. I would agree it is more like a production of art. (Not everyone feels this way, but I lean more towards this) Ok well a lot of people don't like art censored it is violation of artistic freedom and again most importantly they are trying to sell it to us. Which we keep asking the company to politely stop. Some customers are a tad more aggressive about this. I agree with this person that I would just like to see what the current team can offer and look to the future.
    I also wanted to further elaborate. Let's go into the aspect of it is a big production. That a lot of teams get to contribute towards. On the topic of big productions.. I have never seen Weinstein movies get altered or taken off the market. Even though there was evidence. Ultimately it is up to the consumer if they want to continue to support that film studio. Again, nothing has ever been altered in previous productions as it is illogical.

Now this is what current players/customers/consumers are doing with World of Warcraft. You hear multiple people all the time, "vote with your wallet." The company knows that a lot of players have been unhappy with the product. (several different reasons for this) Subscriptions are down, active players are down. So why would they do a move that makes absolutely no sense and I have never seen acceptable in any other form of entertainment. (censoring artistic expression) To further alienate the customerbase. Again this is a product they are trying to sell us. There isn't a vast majority of players saying these changes are what the game needed.

I seen another player offer a great suggestion that if the company is bent on ignoring its customers. (for whatever reasons.. seems illogical in itself for a business.) That if they want to go through this decision in the future patch that maybe they can offer a filter option, just like the one for censoring swear words. That the customer has the option to turn on the filter or not.

I am not supportive of these changes they want to implement. I have demonstrated various reasons I don't feel it makes any sense. I have not seen customers react favorable towards it either.

And the changes are still going... They would quickly change harmless shit in the game in less than a week but take a whole pregnancy to release -1- patch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Will these changes help Blizzard earn more money?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It's going to be a net loss for sure. The hours spent by devs to remove and replace the emotes will never be recouped, and blizz will probably lose more subs than gain from this little distraction.

Sure, the whole debacle that's going on about some pervs and shitty treatment isn't ok, but it doesn't mean that the devs should keep crying foul and not do their work.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Nope. Making a good expansion would earn them more money, not renaming Mac'aree to Eredath.

Who cares? Blizzard can change whatever the fuck they want about the game regardless of whether it fits the criteria of "making money."

Yes. From China and the Far, far Left.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yes. From China and the Far, far Left.
    The chinnese localization was already censored as needed by the team in china that runs the game and the ultra far left is about as relevant of a target demopgrahic as targeting blind people for your video game.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The chinnese localization was already censored as needed by the team in china that runs the game and the ultra far left is about as relevant of a target demopgrahic as targeting blind people for your video game.
    But don't you know? Only a left-wing extremist would not be outraged at the removal of "no homo" jokes! (I say this as someone disappointed at the removal of the fart and masturbation jokes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    But don't you know? Only a left-wing extremist would not be outraged at the removal of "no homo" jokes! (I say this as someone disappointed at the removal of the fart and masturbation jokes.)
    My point is more along the lines that this isn't about chasing a target demopgraphic, this is about appeasing the bottom sludge of the working population there, because Blizzard has no plans to actually change something in regards to worker rights for the positive, so they listen to every silly complaint that has some echo instead.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

My point is more along the lines that this isn't about chasing a target demopgraphic, this is about appeasing the bottom sludge of the working population there, because Blizzard has no plans to actually change something in regards to worker rights for the positive, so they listen to every silly complaint that has some echo instead.
    Except you don't know that. You can't know that. And the only reason you're assuming that is because it affirms your already pre-established negative opinion of Blizzard.

It might shock you but there are actual human beings who have actual real feelings who work there. They're the ones making the changes.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sure do wish the World would stop pandering to Mentally ill idiots with Psych issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/suggest...h-9-1-5-324416

yeeeeeah, it appears the devs are finally losing it.
    im not even sure anymore if this is fckn hilarious or just downright sad tbh
    I can understand some rationale, like removing specifically hereosexual ones in favor of gender neutral flirts for RPing purposes, or ones that are just out of date (no, blood elves, you are not stuck with this hair color).

But removing "Normally, I only ride on epic mounts... But, let's talk." is just a crime, man.

And I for one say "Um... You look like a lady." is technically gender neutral. Some orcs just have preferences.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-10-15 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It might shock you but there are actual human beings who have actual real feelings who work there. They're the ones making the changes.
    How naive you are, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The English call it "window dressing".

That is what Blizzard is doing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    How naive you are, lol.
    Yes, I'm the "naive" one because I don't immediately call Blizzard a bunch of Marxist fascists for making changes to a video game which I don't personally agree with. Tell me, please. How do I become enlightened enough to see that Blizzard just hates its players?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yes, I'm the "naive" one because I don't immediately call Blizzard a bunch of Marxist fascists for making changes to a video game which I don't personally agree with. Tell me, please. How do I become enlightened enough to see that Blizzard just hates its players?
    It's not very difficult. All you have to do is go read Madeleine Roux tweets.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    It's not very difficult. All you have to do is go read Madeleine Roux tweets.
    Roux doesn’t work at blizzard she was just a contractor so that’s really not a good metric.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

No argument there. I'll believe they're cleaning up their work environment when we see evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Roux doesn’t work at blizzard she was just a contractor so that’s really not a good metric.
    To add to this? If you were offended over Madeleine Roux's tweets, but then turn around and:
    • Claim that being called on one's bigotry is a partisan silencing tactic; or
    • Call people "snowflakes" for saying that, based on the source (the specific gag, not the film as a whole) of his name, renaming Pip Quickwit was probably a good idea?

You've got some serious double standards going on. But, then again: that's par for the course.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-15 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Last: Mecha-Junk-Gnomes, just their tip so small it didn't shows on graphic.
    That graph is pre mecha gnome notice how there are no vulperas there even though they are probably above goblin in race pop now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I can understand some rationale, like removing specifically hereosexual ones in favor of gender neutral flirts for RPing purposes, or ones that are just out of date (no, blood elves, you are not stuck with this hair color).

But removing "Normally, I only ride on epic mounts... But, let's talk." is just a crime, man.

And I for one say "Um... You look like a lady." is technically gender neutral. Some orcs just have preferences.

They are modifying that quest too