Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I care about worker environment and conditions too - but I don't think at all that changing /fart and some names and paintings will contribute to that in any meaningful way.
    neither do I... how many fucking time's do I have to say that?

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I care about the ongoing disaster happening at Blizzard. I care about the conditions workers have to deal with to create the products I enjoy. ya'll are the ones that insist on harping on about insignificant shit. or saying the people who have been the victims of this are somehow the bad guys.
    Yet for all that talk, you're camping out in threads policing what others should care about rather than actually contributing to the topics you claim to care about.

    Also being a victim doesn't make you right. Let's assume the people in charge of these changes are exactly, specifically the people that were directly victimized, that still doesn't make them beyond reproach. I will stand by them on the topic of improving work conditions, but not for taking out "your mother" jokes or paintings of npcs with a smidge too much cleavage.

  3. #383
    Blizzard to fanbase*
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    you mean the echo chamber of hiring former Bush White house advisors? ones who should be brought up on crimes against humanity?
    We know Bobby Kotick is a GOP supporter considering he donates to Mitch McConnell every year.
    It's just that he doesn't give two shits about this game and if it doesn't give any profit he'll stick these diversity hires who don't care about money but spreading a message longer onto the game.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    neither do I... how many fucking time's do I have to say that?
    Well I haven't been in this whole thread, but it seems like you are defending the changes in this last section I have been in, so maybe don't? Be more concise in your posts? The changes are stupid, and its gotten people antsy because they think its like the genesis to more changes to come, and they have good reason to think that way.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yet for all that talk, you're camping out in threads policing what others should care about rather than actually contributing to the topics you claim to care about.
    oh sorry, I should totally buy into the premise that Blizzard's strategy for keeping the game going is to give the finger to it's fan base as so many of you assume to be the case. sorry you can't address my arguments and have to whine about me presenting things you don't like to hear. so you're about as meangilful to the conversation as you seem to think I am.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well I haven't been in this whole thread, but it seems like you are defending the changes in this last section I have been in, so maybe don't? Be more concise in your posts? The changes are stupid, and its gotten people antsy because they think its like the genesis to more changes to come, and they have good reason to think that way.
    my overarching point has always been maybe Blizzard shouldn't have been a den of sex pests who created a work place so toxic it might have led to a woman killing herself on a business trip, and led to the state and now the shareholders suing the company. instead of being mad at people changing the game be mad at the people who for all intents and purposes caused this to happen in the first place.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-03 at 06:09 PM.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yes, because thats why classic and tbc classic was such failures...
    Uh yeah technically they're fresh because they haven't always been around. What happened to Classic Vanilla once TBC came? Super popular still?

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    my overarching point has always been maybe Blizzard shouldn't have been a den of sex pests who created a work place so toxic it might have led to a woman killing herself on a business trip, and led to the state and now the shareholders suing the company. instead of being mad at people changing the game be mad at the people who for all intents and purposes caused this to happen in the first place.
    No one said this was Blizzard's fault. This happened in Activision-Blizzard. It could've been on the Treyarch team aswell.

    You're projecting your problems onto WoW than throwing a fit when people call you out on it lmao.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    But Changing things just to change them is mostly bad. Im sick of Spec Reworks with almost every new addon, loosing all cool mechanics/skills that we got thru borrowed powers and seeing Shit System A got replaced with Shitsystem B and Shitsystem A get implemented with lower focus on it.

    And its not fun to be forced to grind shit you dont wanna do so you can do the things you wanna do. "You dont wanna grind PvE Daylies, Raids and M+? To bad, so u will stuck on 1,6 forever in PvP!" "You dont wanna grind PvP? To bad, no BiS SHITSYSTEM-SKILL-NAME and perform much worse then people with bis"
    Genuinely hard to understand what this rambling post of terrible english is even trying to say. Sorry you didn't like the changes I guess.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    No one said this was Blizzard's fault. This happened in Activision-Blizzard. It could've been on the Treyarch team aswell.

    You're projecting your problems onto WoW than throwing a fit when people call you out on it lmao.
    for god sakes when I say blizzard I mean Activison-Blizzard. and no this has been shown to be a very big problem with the WoW team, not only them, but they are a significant part of the problem. so no, you don't know what projecting means.

  11. #391
    Of course this thread had to become political. Can you Americans discuss anything without it turning in to a communist vs nazi shit throwing contest?

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Of course this thread had to become political. Can you Americans discuss anything without it turning in to a communist vs nazi shit throwing contest?
    Because the changes these devs did are in itself political rofl.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    for god sakes when I say blizzard I mean Activison-Blizzard. and no this has been shown to be a very big problem with the WoW team, not only them, but they are a significant part of the problem. so no, you don't know what projecting means.
    What big problem was there with the WoW team other than Alex Afrasiabi?

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Because they changed these things under the radar on the PTR? They even admitted this. Even going against their so called "corporate overlords" who told them no.
    I seriously hope these people get fired.
    And yeah people notice. When these devs admitted that it irked them, but the state of the game doesn't. They should get fired. The whole team. Blizzard should move their HQ to Texas or something. Away from that progressive hellhole.
    Citation for their "corporate overlords" telling them not to do this?

  14. #394
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    31,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    What big problem was there with the WoW team other than Alex Afrasiabi?
    All of the other stuff in the lawsuit. Frat-boy culture, push back from HR if you reported a problem, probable firing if you reported one of the higher-ups to HR, HR covering management asses at the expense of the rest of their employees, pay equity, promotion opportunities....it's quite a list. You should read it.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Citation for their "corporate overlords" telling them not to do this?
    https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...911025667?s=20

    if it were intended as a smokescreen it would have been promoted. you only know this exists because someone went datamining.

    getting upset with team 2 because we have corporate overlords who won't listen to our v. reasonable collective demands is... a choice one could make, ok.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    All of the other stuff in the lawsuit. Frat-boy culture, push back from HR if you reported a problem, probable firing if you reported one of the higher-ups to HR, HR covering management asses at the expense of the rest of their employees, pay equity, promotion opportunities....it's quite a list. You should read it.
    Frat boy culture is such a meme. Jesus Christ that it is an actual thing lmao.
    That the payment is bad is due to these devs staying with Blizzard because they enjoy the political climate is one part you forgot to add aswell. Everyone would've left long ago but these people are having a message to spread around.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    snip
    cool, so I can't even fault the team for making these changes out of some cynical reason. I'm glad to be wrong about that.

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

    Blizzard and its fans behave in a similar manner. The players are fully going thru the desertion phase. They aren't coming back.
    That much should have been obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain.

    There was a time when Hollywood celebrities bragged on late night TV shows about being WoW players. WoW was up 12 million subscribers.
    Now telling people you're a WoW fan is like telling people you still cheer for Penn State Football.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    cool, so I can't even fault the team for making these changes out of some cynical reason. I'm glad to be wrong about that.
    You were never going to fault the team because they're on your political side.

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    You were never going to fault the team because they're on your political side.
    maybe, or again I'm on the side of the people and victims who aren't involved with the frat boy culture at blizzard.

  20. #400
    The collective demands is the list of things the ABK staff walked out over last month, not a few minor content changes...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •