Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So...these devs aren't the old..they're more recent.
    They wouldn't be the ones responsible for WoD?
    No. Most of them seem to have joined around 4 years ago.

End of Legion, start to mid of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya all those people coming out about how they left blizzard due to the sexual harassment and the frat work environment don’t exist and blizzard isn’t being sued for any of it.
    Your argument only holds for that business. It doesn't hold for the game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. Most of them seem to have joined around 4 years ago. End of Legion, start to mid of BfA.
    Seems to say something about the "talent."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your argument only holds for that business. It doesn't hold for the game at all.
    You know people work on the game right? That people like Alex who was a major writer contributed a ton into the game and other people who work there may not have spoken out about the stuff he put in because they would be reprimanded for even serious stuff like sexual harassment?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You know people work on the game right?
    Don't care about your argument anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about your argument anymore.
    Is it because it requires even a inkling of thought?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

It's normal to laugh at somebody who thinks a "your mommy" joke from years ago is offensive enough to require removal or alteration and that its continued existence would make the game feel unwelcome and unsafe.

But honestly, your signature tells me enough about you.
    Did you actually use the "it's just a joke..." defense? Next you will be saying "Nah, I can't be racist. Some of my friends are...". This is not about Blizzard becoming woke. This is you deciding that any change for people that find it inappropriate is wrong and any change for these people must be stopped because somehow it's going to destroy the fabric of society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Did you actually use the "it's just a joke..." defense? Next you will be saying "Nah, I can't be racist. Some of my friends are...". This is not about Blizzard becoming woke. This is you deciding that any change for people that find it inappropriate is wrong and any change for these people must be stopped because somehow it's going to destroy the fabric of society.
    Yes. I'm using a "it's a joke" defense..

For a "your momma" joke.

You really figured that out, Sherlock.

Is it because it requires even a inkling of thought?
    If you want to believe that then by all means embrace that with what capacity you have.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to believe that then by all means embrace that with what capacity you have.
    It’s the only conclusion to come to when some one asks why when the company was ran by sexual harassers and there enablers none of these changes happened.

I am very smart and educated and nuanced. If you are or have ever been a victim of something, you can never be wrong and nobody should ever be able to disagree with your intentions or demands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been playing since early 2005 and im 30+ today, my IRL schedule made me quit WoW Classic and go back to retail since its 100% more casual friendly and has meaningful content i can do whenever i have time to play without having to rely on others (i've started to farm mounts and transmogs using the all the things addon).

I think they are making Retail WoW for us old fans and WoW Classic for new teenagers that has lots of sparetime to spend grinding and farming old dungeons / raids for the same we "old" did when we were around 14-18 years old.

I am very smart and educated and nuanced. If you are or have ever been a victim of something, you can never be wrong and nobody should ever be able to disagree with your intentions or demands.
    The problem I see is conflating the sexual entendres in-game with sexual predators. And despite that these same people are still playing despite seeing these jokes in-game first hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem I see is conflating the sexual entendres in-game with sexual predators.
    Isn't that usually the problem with this sort of subject: the intentional conflation of one thing with another in order to dismiss someone? With that I mean arguing that someone who's agaisnt this sort of stuff somehow is tantamount to supporting an environment conducive to harassment.

Or am I misreading your post?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    In the end "radical" ideology is not radical if people keep paying.
    In other words, any sort of media that promotes radical ideologies is not radical as long as it sells?

That's some damn stupid logic right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I Or am I misreading your post?
    Yes.
    Who here made any complaint whatsoever with what they saw in-game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    I don't understand. Isn't that what has warranted this entire discussion? In-game changes with which people don't agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    As has been noted ever since the game started, devoted customers and would be game designers complain that developers mostly ignore customer feedback. That's not quite true but it's generally so.

It's a mistake (and frankly a little dishonest because everyone knows this) to imply that changes are made only because a customer asked for it.

Every single account on this forum that posts "No one ever asked for this" or some variation thereof is doing the same thing: Ignoring the fact that lots of stuff that gets asked about never happens and lots of things that happen are not asked for. The developers are in charge and can do whatever they like. End of story.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-03 at 10:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well speaking for myself (40 year-old bloke started playing late Vanilla) there have always been parts of WoW that deserved a cringe or an eye roll and of the devs now have a chance to tone down some of that content and make the game more inclusive it's a good thing.
    What is more inclusive about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Uh yeah technically they're fresh because they haven't always been around. What happened to Classic Vanilla once TBC came? Super popular still?
    Because that had nothing todo with how blizzard handled the transition? Blizzard killed classic vanilla, not the players.

My lord.