Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    And you know this how...?
    because of the state report that came out???? unless they've named MORE people...

Ah so the sexual problem within the company is going to get solved by deleting a few dick jokes, /flirts and /silly jokes?
    Learn to grow a backspine. That or go back to your hugbox on Twitter.

I don't give two shits about the other guys. I didn't like Afrasiabi anyway, but Metzen made this game's story great and the others did their part aswell. I'd rather have those guys their passion back than these current devs who care more about their whining and crying on Twitter and being delusional than the actual game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    because of the state report that came out???? unless they've named MORE people...
    Did you also see that the people who were named were part of Activision-Blizzard. This thing didn't sprout in the original Blizzard secluded from Activision.

Ah so the sexual problem within the company is going to get solved by deleting a few dick jokes, /flirts and /silly jokes?
    Learn to grow a backspine. That or go back to your hugbox on Twitter.

I don't give two shits about the other guys. I didn't like Afrasiabi anyway, but Metzen made this game's story great and the others did their part aswell. I'd rather have those guys their passion back than these current devs who care more about their whining and crying on Twitter and being delusional than the actual game.
    not a single person has said or even hinted at this...

you'd rather have the guys who admitted to fostering a toxic work environment that has caused the biggest PR/legal disaster for blizzard maybe ever...? like, your ire is directed at the wrong people here...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you also see that the people who were named were part of Activision-Blizzard. This thing didn't sprout in the original Blizzard secluded from Activision.
    so you're saying this was pervasive throughout the company? not a good look fam.

you'd rather have the guys who admitted to fostering a toxic work environment that has caused the biggest PR/legal disaster for blizzard maybe ever...? like, your ire is directed at the wrong people here...

- - - Updated - - -

so you're saying this was pervasive throughout the company? not a good look fam.
    My ire is at the right people who are changing ingame shit and using the disaster as a smokescreen to change as much stuff that triggers them. It's a fallacy.

Then why change it? If the customers despise it and it won't change the behavior of sexual predators at the office then what's the point?

My ire is at the right people who are changing ingame shit and using the disaster as a smokescreen to change as much stuff that triggers them. It's a fallacy.
    who are changing things no one besides some giant nerd would even care to notice. which is triggering the nerds even more... to smokescreen from the issues of Avtavison-Blizzard's leadership...

who are changing things no one besides some giant nerd would even care to notice. which is triggering the nerds even more... to smokescreen from the issues of Avtavison-Blizzard's leadership...
    If nobody is going to notice it under normal circumstances, how could they have done it for good PR?

Because they changed these things under the radar on the PTR? They even admitted this. Even going against their so called "corporate overlords" who told them no.
    I seriously hope these people get fired.
    And yeah people notice. When these devs admitted that it irked them, but the state of the game doesn't. They should get fired. The whole team. Blizzard should move their HQ to Texas or something. Away from that progressive hellhole.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Afrasiabi Joined blizzard before activision, morhaime obviously did as well. This absolutely sprouted from the original blizzard.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Then why change it? If the customers despise it and it won't change the behavior of sexual predators at the office then what's the point?
    why should I care at all??? none of these changes affect me. I wouldn't even notice if it wasn't for this being the topic every reactionary within the WoW community wants to talk about...

why should I care at all??? none of these changes affect me. I wouldn't even notice if it wasn't for this being the topic every reactionary within the WoW community wants to talk about...
    Then don't care.

But despite not caring about something this trivial, you sure seem to camp out in threads dedicated to discussing this topic, while telling others they are silly for caring.

Because they changed these things under the radar on the PTR? They even admitted this. Even going against their so called "corporate overlords" who told them no.
    I seriously hope these people get fired.
    And yeah people notice. When these devs admitted that it irked them, but the state of the game doesn't. They should get fired. The whole team. Blizzard should move their HQ to Texas or something. Away from that progressive hellhole.
    this is breaking news to me, sexual harassment doesn't exist depending on what state you're living in...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Then don't care.

But despite not caring about something this trivial, you sure seem to camp out in threads dedicated to discussing this topic, while telling others they are silly for caring.
    I care about the ongoing disaster happening at Blizzard. I care about the conditions workers have to deal with to create the products I enjoy. ya'll are the ones that insist on harping on about insignificant shit. or saying the people who have been the victims of this are somehow the bad guys.

this is breaking news to me, sexual harassment doesn't exist depending on what state your living in...
    yeah keep being obtuse about the political echo chamber present inside Blizzard Entertainment. It's your only strategy.
    You are just playing it dumb at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Then don't care.

Because he is in line with the political environment present at Blizzard? See how he says he doesn't care? He doesn't care about the game. He means exactly that. He just cares about his political warfare and culture being fought out into this game.

yeah keep being obtuse about the political echo chamber present inside Blizzard Entertainment. It's your only strategy.
    You are just playing it dumb at this point.
    you mean the echo chamber of hiring former Bush White house advisors? ones who should be brought up on crimes against humanity?

I care about the ongoing disaster happening at Blizzard. I care about the conditions workers have to deal with to create the products I enjoy. ya'll are the ones that insist on harping on about insignificant shit. or saying the people who have been the victims of this are somehow the bad guys.
    I care about worker environment and conditions too - but I don't think at all that changing /fart and some names and paintings will contribute to that in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I care about worker environment and conditions too - but I don't think at all that changing /fart and some names and paintings will contribute to that in any meaningful way.
    neither do I... how many fucking time's do I have to say that?

Yet for all that talk, you're camping out in threads policing what others should care about rather than actually contributing to the topics you claim to care about.

Also being a victim doesn't make you right. Let's assume the people in charge of these changes are exactly, specifically the people that were directly victimized, that still doesn't make them beyond reproach. I will stand by them on the topic of improving work conditions, but not for taking out "your mother" jokes or paintings of npcs with a smidge too much cleavage.

Blizzard to fanbase*
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

you mean the echo chamber of hiring former Bush White house advisors? ones who should be brought up on crimes against humanity?
    We know Bobby Kotick is a GOP supporter considering he donates to Mitch McConnell every year.
    It's just that he doesn't give two shits about this game and if it doesn't give any profit he'll stick these diversity hires who don't care about money but spreading a message longer onto the game.

neither do I... how many fucking time's do I have to say that?
    Well I haven't been in this whole thread, but it seems like you are defending the changes in this last section I have been in, so maybe don't? Be more concise in your posts? The changes are stupid, and its gotten people antsy because they think its like the genesis to more changes to come, and they have good reason to think that way.