Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You will have always have people coming and going on such huge projects but you will, for the most part, keep the core group until the success starts to run out, or controversy forms.
    We could choose a combination of departures from a certain area and mark that as end of "real wow", if you'd like?
    Or just say when the team have changed so substantially its not the same and the product being delivered is not the same anymore? This is ofc subjective but I'd think most people would could agree on a set expansion where the formula and quality changed?
    so at what point is the team changed so substantially? is it 20 people 50 100? what if the team is more or less the same but formula and quality still change? what about people coming in expan to expan what is the starting point for people to count as that team is it only 2004 or before?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "These updates are a relatively small part of a comprehensive, company-wide effort to improve the WoW team and Blizzard as a whole, but they’re important to us as developers."

Then how about you ACTUALLY improve those parts of the company? How in the hell does changing in-game assets that nobody is offended by fix your festering fucking company of deviants?
    It is strange that you want them to do exactly what they said they were doing in the quote you picked. You are getting outraged over what you want.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then stop being offended? Blizzard always saw themselves as the "woke snowflakes". They even had values put on a statue outside of their HQ even if they didn't follow them.
    You know in your blind fanboyism you are retroactively calling blizzard woke for banning lgbt guilds back in the day right?

Garrosh was right..." times change~"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Yeah I trust them as far as I can throw their office building. Blizzard has NEVER gone back on what they have said right? More so since they are still cleaning house bringing in new people to " change the culture". Those new people are not gonna give two shits what was said now.
    the idea that new people can just come in and change any thing without approval is so laughably stupid i don't even know what to say.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    You know in your blind fanboyism you are retroactively calling blizzard woke for banning lgbt guilds back in the day right?

Garrosh was right..." times change~"
    All those incidents show is that Blizzard knew the playerbase was toxic back then and knew what would trigger them and cause problems. But it is easier to insult the poster then face reality. They said they were free to recruit, using those things, on the forums. It was in-game chat that they wanted to keep from of anything controversial.
    https://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/02/6129-2/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Topics related to sensitive real-world subjects—such as religious, sexual or political preference, for example—have had a tendency to result in communication between players that often breaks down into harassment."
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-09-30 at 11:01 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Dammit. Now Blizzard is removing emotes I never use? Including some I didn’t even know existed? What the hell! I mean, I can’t even go 10 seconds in game without someone spamming one of these emotes at me because they’re just so awfully popular and used.
    And what the hell is this!? A MALE Succubus!? And what is Blizzard calling it? An Ink-u-boos? What right do they have for making something from real life folklore and fairy tales and include it in their game.
    I. Am. So. Shocked. And. Outraged!

End sarcasm.

For real though, people need to grow up and stop getting mad that a company, who has come under fire for toxic behavior, harassment, and misconduct, is trying to change their game to do away with those things.
    People also need to stop with these weak “gotcha” moments. “The only reason Blizz is doing this is because yadda yadda yadda.” Yeah, we get it Steve, or Bugdaddynuts, or whatever name you go by to armchair warrior your weekend away. Is it somehow a surprise Blizzard changes their best IP while they change the inner workings of their business?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    the idea that new people can just come in and change any thing without approval is so laughably stupid i don't even know what to say.
    If they are brought into high positions to fix cultural issues they damn sure can make changes quick and the higher ups will not care about some art assets being changed. You might wanna work in a corporate environment before you spew BS because clearly you have never worked in that world. That shit happens often and the fact you don't know that is so laughably stupid I am the one who doesn't know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft is meant to evolve over time...
    Funny that considering these changes aren't an 'evolution' like a few years after these things were introduced and being adapted slightly but outright removals or replacements over a decade later for most and it being in a kneejerk response to Blizzard's own dirty laundry. Even funnier when we're on the third expansion using an artifact power system as a base for system mechanics.

New demon coming is alright I guess but don't think the changes were worth it though to light a fire under Blizzard to get them to make one. Especially when it's being used as a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Imagine getting angry at this.

I'm sure more substantial content is being worked on, so if the team want to spend some time to update the game to fit their current vision, that's totally fine.
    How can you be sure of that? "More substantial content" wasnt being worked on for at least 4 years now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    If they are brought into high positions to fix cultural issues they damn sure can make changes quick and the higher ups will not care about some art assets being changed. You might wanna work in a corporate environment before you spew BS because clearly you have never worked in that world. That shit happens often and the fact you don't know that is so laughably stupid I am the one who doesn't know what to say.
    ah snap I didn't realize I was talking to a real life slowpoke. guess what the high up positions that are meant to fix the cultural issues already changed this is the response after that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    They already know the shit they are doing is so bad they had to issue a text wall of pathetic excuses
    Actually it demonstrates that they have been listening.

People were being pretty vocal about worrying old cosmetics will be changed. So I added input on this topic several times myself. From what I read they will not be. Which is great news. (Some players have spent quite a bit of gold on these items) As for the incubus I don't really care tbh. People requested it, I guess they listened. It is a class I don't play, so hence not caring much about the news. (It's nice another class is getting something tho) Still they are trying to show they have been listening.

I understand where others would be coming from and it would be nice for them to focus on other stuff ingame. To be fair they announced yesterday that they are adding a new feature. (Which I gave kudos) Actual content and rewards would be nice for sure tho. Rewards have been sorely lacking in the game for two expansions now. (not having very many options) They recently implemented some sleek designs in raids for weapons. It would've been nice to have a variety of armor to accompany the weapons. Instead of only four sets that were already ingame. Still, progress is progress and overall I really enjoy the raid.

I been advocating for mage tower rewards for every class. To appeal to all players. Still if they manage to make some nice weapons and mogs (cosmetics) for future content instead. I personally wouldn't mind waiting. As most of us don't want previous content butchered and are more interested in the new content that will be implemented.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-09-30 at 11:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I wish the incubus could be given a bit of lore before you get it as a glyph (assuming it's just a technique you buy or something, ofc). They haven't been in game at all, and having some lore to where the incubi have been all this time would be cool. ButheyIdoubtthere'sgoingtobeanylorein9.1.5sofuckit.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Soo, WLs have been asking for more demon customization for YEARS and the devs do nothing, not a single new model since MoP and even worse: some demons were removed from the spec entirely.

Now people that probably don't even play WoW complain on Twitter and we get a new glyph? If it's that easy, why did wow players have to wait for this? Why are SJWs more important than the actual players of the game???

Honestly, every time Blizzard states "We hear you!", It seems they only hear themselves talking in an echo chamber.

Edit:
    And just before some dumbwit comes in here complaing: The new glyph is a good change. I'm angry about Blizzard not doing this because fans would like it, but because of virtue signaling. If it were for the fans, the incubus would have been released with Legion (you know, the DEMON Expansion) or even before that.
    This move just shows to me that Blizzard cares not about the players at all, but for their company's public image.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-09-30 at 11:46 PM.

TLDR: The team is a bunch of morons

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Soo, WLs have been asking for more demon customization for YEARS and the devs do nothing, not a single new model since MoP and even worse: some demons were removed from the spec entirely.

Now people that probably don't even play WoW complain on Twitter and we get a new glyph? If it's that easy, why did wow players have to wait for this? Why are SJWs more important than the actual players of the game???

Honestly, every time Blizzard states "We hear you!", It seems they only hear themselves talking in an echo chamber.

Edit:
    And just before some dumbwit comes in here complaing: The new glyph is a good change. I'm angry about Blizzard not doing this because fans would like it, but because of virtue signaling. If it were for the fans, the incubus would have been released with Legion (you know, the DEMON Expansion) or even before that.
    This move just shows to me that Blizzard cares not about the players at all, but for their company's public image.
    SJW boycott and call shit out and that's bad PR.
    "Actual Players" don't. Heck, you even have to dig through this thread to find the ones that are not still actively licking Blizzard's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    Yes to Incubus, no to toning down anything. To hell with toning down, I'm not playing World of Prudcraft. We murder innocent people within the wow universe on the daily but slight raunchiness is a no go? The idiocy is staggering.
    Honestly, that's American entertainment industry for you. Blood and violence? Yes please! Sex? R rating. Swear words? Bleep them out!
    It's just gotten more extreme in recent years, but the truth is, entertainment in the USA has always been very prude.

So this is confirmation that it was the fucking far-left SJWs that are employed by Blizzard that are driving these changes and absolutely nothing that the player base wanted

These people are absolutely fucking sick in the head that see everything as problematic

Edit:
    Yeah, because those Warlock glyphs added in Legion weren't a thing that happened. I get it, you want to be upset, but at least be honest and not intentionally over-exaggerate and misrepresent things.
    Last edited by Darsyek; 2021-09-30 at 11:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And just before some dumbwit comes in here complaing: The new glyph is a good change. I'm angry about Blizzard not doing this because fans would like it, but because of virtue signaling. If it were for the fans, the incubus would have been released with Legion (you know, the DEMON Expansion) or even before that.This move just shows to me that Blizzard cares not about the players at all, but for their company's public image.
    Creating a male demon does nothing for image. It is a change that fans have wanted and one that Blizzard has had as a "task" since at least 2011 when it was talked about as a low priority thing. They expressed a desire to give all demons a male and female model. So since it is a change you want be happy that something helped bring it out of low priority hell and don't use it as a scapegoat to further outrage just for the sake of it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110903...9679746?page=7

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    SJW boycott and call shit out and that's bad PR.
    "Actual Players" don't. Heck, you even have to dig through this thread to find the ones that are not still actively licking Blizzard's nuts.
    Yeah, that's the problem. Actual players just leave silently. And I don't blame people who enjoy playing the game. But WoW is twofold now: the Gameplay part and the social/worldbuilding part. I think most people stay for the gameplay nowadays. It's the other ones that Blizzard likes to kick in the nuts repeatedly.
    Not just through this change, but through many decisions made in the past years. Like the entire story of SL...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Creating a male demon does nothing for image. It is a change that fans have wanted and one that Blizzard has had as a "task" since at least 2011 when it was talked about as a low priority thing. They expressed a desire to give all demons a male and female model. So since it is a change you want be happy that something helped bring it out of low priority hell and don't use it as a scapegoat to further outrage just for the sake of it.
    That's exactly my point. Feedback of players matters little to Blizzard. It takes a twitter mob for them to bring something out of dev hell. It seems the ressources for such projects are there, but player feedback alone is not important enough for Blizzard to care.
    Also if it weren't for image, there wouldn't be a "we hear you!" bluepost written about it.