Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As for Elune, she did intervene during the War of the Ancients - she acted directly to shield Tyrande from Mannoroth, Azshara, and Archimonde, thereby preserving the person who would go on to help lead the Kaldorei through the Sundering and millennia afterward.
    I am not talking about granting powers, but things like outright resurrection, the night elves suffered far more during the first legion invasion, than any war afterwards. So why should the night elves be brought back now, when far more more died more horribly and gruesome deaths at the hand of the legion, back in the day.

From the Doylist standpoint, the War of Thorns was itself a cheap cop-out so I'm not terribly fussed with having it undone by yet another cop-out, so to speak.
    If blizz has the gal to pull such an godawful storyline, like torching pretty much an entire nation for the lulz, they better be prepared to actually do something with the logical fallout of such a decision, hand-waving it away, with a magical fix it all is not satisfactory in any capacity. It just excuses their piss poor storytelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am not talking about granting powers, but things like outright resurrection, the night elves suffered far more during the first legion invasion, than any war afterwards. So why should the night elves be brought back now, when far more more died more horribly and gruesome deaths at the hand of the legion, back in the day.
    Elune didn't intervene in any material sense at Teldrassil as the Winter Queen and Ardenweald needed an influx of anima to be maintained, so in a sense it scans that once the machinery of death is restored (such as when we defeat Zovaal) that the dead of Teldrassil might be restored to life. She did intervene during the War of the Ancients, though; and in so doing it's difficult to say how many souls she might've otherwise saved. It's not on Elune to prevent every death, either; that's not really how divine beings function in fantasy.

If blizz has the gal to pull such an godawful storyline, like torching pretty much an entire nation for the lulz, they better be prepared to actually do something with the logical fallout of such a decision, hand-waving it away, with a magical fix it all is not satisfactory in any capacity. It just excuses their piss poor storytelling
    If the fallout was solely confined to the Kaldorei then the above might be something I could agree with. Unfortunately, the narrative surrounding the War of Thorns caused a variety of issues in other quarters of the story, so even though it would be bad storytelling it's still probably for the best for it to be essentially undone, at least in my opinion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The thing is - only logical “fallout” would have being either abolition of Horde or Alliance.

Or at least complete death of entire night elven race.

And none of that can happen in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Elune didn't intervene in any material sense at Teldrassil as the Winter Queen and Ardenweald needed an influx of anima to be maintained, so in a sense it scans that once the machinery of death is restored (such as when we defeat Zovaal) that the dead of Teldrassil might be restored to life. She did intervene during the War of the Ancients, though; and in so doing it's difficult to say how many souls she might've otherwise saved. It's not on Elune to prevent every death, either; that's not really how divine beings function in fantasy.
    Elune wasn't preoccupied at all during the war of the ancients or any great war after that up until the war of thorns, during all that time she resurrected not a single person, none of her most loyal followers, so why would she suddenly be able to do so, or even willing do it. She never bothered before, why let the night elves be decimated again and again, they nearly lost the war of the satyr, got their teeth kicked in the war of the shifting sand, the legion ravaged them in Wc3 and ever since then the beatings just did not stop, but she still did not bring the dead back.

If the night elves are brought back it would be an incredible cheap story device and one of the worst things blizz would have done in all of warcraft history, in my opinion.

If the fallout was solely confined to the Kaldorei then the above might be something I could agree with. Unfortunately, the narrative surrounding the War of Thorns caused a variety of issues in other quarters of the story, so even though it would be bad storytelling it's still probably for the best for it to be essentially undone, at least in my opinion.
    I am not willing to let them off the hook that easy and will call them out for their crappy storytelling, if they go for the pathetically cheap shock value, they should have to find ways to work this into their story in a coherent meaningful manner, if they can't do that they are quacks plain and simple

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    The thing is - only logical “fallout” would have being either abolition of Horde or Alliance.

Or at least complete death of entire night elven race.

And none of that can happen in an MMO.
    It is possible for a time, let most of the horde be occupied for an xpack, with alliance guards all over the place, similar to the kor'kron back in the undercity

Elune wasn't preoccupied at all during the war of the ancients or any great war after that up until the war of thorns, during all that time she resurrected not a single person, none of her most loyal followers, so why would she suddenly be able to do so, or even willing do it. She never bothered before, why let the night elves be decimated again and again, they nearly lost the war of the satyr, got their teeth kicked in the war of the shifting sand, the legion ravaged them in Wc3 and ever since then the beatings just did not stop, but she still did not bring the dead back.

If the night elves are brought back it would be an incredible cheap story device and one of the worst things blizz would have done in all of warcraft history, in my opinion.

I am not willing to let them off the hook that easy and will call them out for their crappy storytelling, if they go for the pathetically cheap shock value, they should have to find ways to work this into their story in a coherent meaningful manner, if they can't do that they are quacks plain and simple

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible for a time, let most of the horde be occupied for an xpack, with alliance guards all over the place, similar to the kor'kron back in the undercity
    Forsaken and orcs from horde races would have never accepted that and it would have ended in a huge massacre of them, or several perhaps.

Forsaken and orcs from horde races would have never accepted that and it would have ended in a huge massacre of them, or several perhaps.
    That was the point, alliance troops ultimately abusing their power to get payback, against the more numerous or non humanoid looking races in particular, to the point that tauren would regard humans no better than the centaurs for example, with all of the horde races rising up simultaneously driving off the Alliance from their territory, thus returning to the standard two faction after that one xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the point, alliance troops ultimately abusing their power to get payback, against the more numerous or non humanoid looking races in particular, to the point that tauren would regard humans no better than the centaurs for example, with all of the horde races rising up simultaneously driving off the Alliance from their territory, thus returning to the standard two faction after that one xpack.
    Expecting nuance from wow now days is a pipe dream more than it ever has been.
    Right now they are systematically scrubbing their game clean of anything approaching dark and complex that they can get away with.

A story is much more than its big moments, its all in the details and wow doesn't have any of that anymore.
    Honestly if Blizzard were to pull the narrative suicide of wishing the bad away as Aucald seems to argue for then I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Rather than address the issue we all prefer to imagine it never didn't happen and everything is alright now. The joke that only wow can kill wow is more and more like an actual prophecy than meme.

Thing is. Tauren are actually the least likely race to get massacred like this.

Orcs and forsaken on the other hand are both humanoid enough and yet both would be hated by Alliance troops for their ruthless war crimes and also would hate Alliance simply for existing , provoking them endlessly.

Thing is. Tauren are actually the least likely race to get massacred like this.

Orcs and forsaken on the other hand are both humanoid enough and yet both would be hated by Alliance troops for their ruthless war crimes and also would hate Alliance simply for existing , provoking them endlessly.
    They are the most beast looking though, which would make them a very easy target and the the outrage about them receiving such a treatment would ultimately spur the more peaceful horde races into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Expecting nuance from wow now days is a pipe dream more than it ever has been.
    Right now they are systematically scrubbing their game clean of anything approaching dark and complex that they can get away with.

A story is much more than its big moments, its all in the details and wow doesn't have any of that anymore.
    Honestly if Blizzard were to pull the narrative suicide of wishing the bad away as Aucald seems to argue for then I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Rather than address the issue we all prefer to imagine it never didn't happen and everything is alright now. The joke that only wow can kill wow is more and more like an actual prophecy than meme.
    I expect pretty much nothing but shitty writing from these writers, this here is but a flimsy idea, that ultimately holds no meaning whatsoever, except for killing time.

They are the most beast looking though, which would make them a very easy target and the the outrage about them receiving such a treatment would ultimately spur the more peaceful horde races into action.

I expect pretty much nothing but shitty writing from these writers, this here is but a flimsy idea, that ultimately holds no meaning whatsoever, except for killing time.
    Alliance dosent discriminate against races base don their beastliness. At least that has the least role in forming of prejudices.

Take the known Alliance "racists" - most egregious example - Garithos and he hated blood elves, prettiest, most human-like race in Alliance.

Rogers - hates forsaken - a humanoid race of ex-humans.

Even the insulting term "greenskin" and so on was invented against orcs, while none of beast races were mocked like that. Anduin mentions insulting names being coined by some populace against Forsaken, again, not against tauren or pandaren or vulpera.

Simply put in rare case when Alliance forms a prejudice it is not due to looks but to actions, likely because Alliance itself has beast race like worgen and hoofed/horned race like Draenei so it dosent look as alien as it could be to "irl" human.

Simply put in rare case when Alliance forms a prejudice it is not due to looks but to actions, likely because Alliance itself has beast race like worgen and hoofed/horned race like Draenei so it dosent look as alien as it could be to "irl" human.
    Not really, it is sprinkled throughout the lore, that tauren are considered monstrous despite their peaceful nature and a great deal of ordinary folk, do very easily make such distinctions, despite being Allies, a very good example would be the humans in Prophets lesson.

Not really, it is sprinkled throughout the lore, that tauren are considered monstrous despite their peaceful nature and a great deal of ordinary folk, do very easily make such distinctions, despite being Allies, a very good example would be the humans in Prophets lesson.
    If its “sprinkled” then i never saw those sprinkles. And i loved digging into lore of WoW.

While i stated that facts that two known hated groups are Forsaken and Orcs and both of them had confirmed slurs coined against them and had actual confirmed racism (although entirely justified) from Alliance citizenry.

While Tauren rarely even brought up.

If its “sprinkled” then i never saw those sprinkles. And i loved digging into lore of WoW.

While i stated that facts that two known hated groups are Forsaken and Orcs and both of them had confirmed slurs coined against them and had actual confirmed racism (although entirely justified) from Alliance citizenry.

While Tauren rarely even brought up.
    The tauren have one too, bull-men.