Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Not a fan of the 2 months between raid releases. Seems like it may be a bit rough to get a team geared enough for the next tier of content. 40 people in 2 months will be iffy.
    They want it to be a challenge not face roll easy like the original run of classic.

Mage and warrior still the only choice. Also zzzzz lvling to slowly.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

My favorite part of WoW is making a character, and level it. It's the fun of seeing other people do the same quest as me. Group up eventually. See opposing Horde players I can kill if I feel like it. Do the occational dungeon with similar level players.

I don't find it fun to be 60 and raid logging. I don't find it fun where the TBCC experience is basically "level 60-70 in dungeons then quest to optimize reputation gains" nor the TBCC 70s on flying mounts killing leveling players. I don't find it fun where the current leveling strategy is getting boosted for gold.

I am very much looking forward to this. I will make my level 1 Night Elf Druid on release and see the massive influx of players level together with pure joy.

Should be interesting. I think 18 months would be a little better for the pacing of Vanilla specifically but I am excited enough about no WB meta to give it a try.

Not a fan of most changes as most HC oriented friends aren't interested to play fresh with them as they cater to a different audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Hi
    what do u think guys i rly liked changes which gonna be added in fresh classic
    List of changes:
    World buffs (like Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer and others) disabled in Raid instances
    Restoring mechanics that were removed early on to some Raid bosses
    No boss debuff limit (up from 16 debuffs in WoW Classic)
    Increased health on bosses, to offset player buffs and the removed debuff limit
    We’re planning on increasing experience gains from what they were in the first iteration of WoW Classic. Our current plan is to set them close to what the 1-60 XP rates are in Burning Crusade Classic™ with a bigger focus on quest XP increases.
    Meeting Stones converted to Summoning Stones
    Increased Mining and Herbalism nodes

It will last around 12 months
    I'm not liking the Meeting Stones converted to Summoning Stones or the increasing experience gain. World Buffs disabled is also a bad move I think. The rest is okay I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Hi
    what do u think guys i rly liked changes which gonna be added in fresh classic
    List of changes:
    World buffs (like Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer and others) disabled in Raid instances
    We’re planning on increasing experience gains from what they were in the first iteration of WoW Classic. Our current plan is to set them close to what the 1-60 XP rates are in Burning Crusade Classic™ with a bigger focus on quest XP increases.

It will last around 12 months

I'm very interested in what WoW: Classic+ might shape into. The current WoW: Classic is pretty meaningless. It was a great experience when everything was new, fresh and interesting. But it has run it's course. Keeping the servers alive forever without any new content phases or anything won't be very interesting for the majority of players.

Currently "Season of Mastery" looks like it's going to be a very light version of Vanilla+. I do find most of the changes to be good.

This is a great change. Let's be honest. No one needed World Buffs in Classic. The RAID's was never a huge challenge and World Buffs trivialised it even more. Trying to make the game more challenging is a good thing and having the World Buff required meta go away is great for everyone. No need to grab "mandatory" world buffs. Good riddance. Still having it in the game so it can benefit those levelling is also great. Question is how many players will keep popping world buffs if it doesn't really benefit max level players.

I'm not sure what I feel about this one. Are we talking about providing RAID's in their original "bugged" and "unbeatable" states? If so I don't see any value in that. Unless they somehow believe that players are that much better today compared to back in Vanilla making these "unbeatable" states actually beatable this time around.

This is a no brainer to be honest. Why keep artificial limitations in-place that make already non S and A-tier DPS classes at even bigger disadvantages? There is no reason for these limits to be kept.

I'm skeptical about this one. Mana is already an issue in Vanilla with regular health on bosses. Buffing the health bar of bosses sounds like it might push the meta further in melee and especially warriors advantage?

Great change. I'm one of those who things the levelling is the best part of Vanilla. But to be fair the levelling isn't balanced, the later levels have quests spread out over so large areas and different zones it makes it feel unoptimised and wiredly designed. The changes implemented in TBC with the additional quests hubs, especially the one in Dustwallow Marsh are great changes making the levelling experience feel more cohesive.

No summoning stones doesn't really make much sense. It will devalue Warlocks, but I still think it's a good quality of life change overall. Especially considering how Warlocks have their soul gems removed when logging out so it's a chore being a Warlock for summoning purposes to begin with.

Makes sense I suppose. With all the bots, and especially if Season of Mastery is going to avoid layering and have a rather dense player population it will be nice to have additional mining and herbalism nodes. But unless Blizzard do something with the bots I fear all the additional nodes will just go straight into the pockets of the bots.

I have some fears for all of this. Like buffing Quest EXP with +40% like they do on the PTR currently, but not boosting the EXP from killing mobs, not boosting money drops, not boosting item or quest drops will make the balance be rather different. Players will level much faster, but they will earn money at normal rates. Not being able to afford your skills, struggling to afford your mount and have a harder time with repair bills will be a bigger issue in Season of Mastery compared to Vanilla.

Not boosting EXP from mobs or boosting drop rates of quest drops seems strange. This will make a lot of quests worthless as they have such poor drop rates and having Quest EXP boosted while killing mobs is not being boosted it will be much more efficient to simply skip all the slower quests in the game.

It's also sad to see Blizzard not try to do anything with the meta. Buffing the health of RAID bosses will just make it even worse playing as a class that relies on mana. Sounds to me like Warrior will be even more S-tier?

Anyone got ElvUI working in the SOM Beta?

This sounds good and all but unless they get a team to study the old design philosophy and expand classic into a more adventure and sandbox like game as opposed to focusing on the endgame and a few themepark like activities, I'm not interested. Doing the same thing over and over just isn't my idea of fun.