How to measure size of signature?

As per title. Is there a practical way or program to know the pixel height/width when the signature is text? I saw some java shit but I don't want to learn programming to make a fucking signature (excuse my french).
    Imagine 500 px width. Now imagine 100 px height. Now imagine this is a signature. Done.

If it's a picture you can upload it to imgur or whatever and using f12 or right clicking, you can inspect the element and it'll show how big it is (on firefox at least)

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    As per title. Is there a practical way or program to know the pixel height/width when the signature is text? I saw some java shit but I don't want to learn programming to make a fucking signature (excuse my french).
    I don't think they care about text size, I've seen people with large amounts of text.
    As long as it's not enough to get annoying I don't think it matters. Cause the text for sure does not need to follow the normal signature size.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I don't think they care about text size, I've seen people with large amounts of text.
    As long as it's not enough to get annoying I don't think it matters. Cause the text for sure does not need to follow the normal signature size.
    All Im allowed to say is they do. And yes I have seen signatures bigger than mine in the past but somehow my old one was found bigger. Since I don't have a way to measure it myself I would like some help so I don't end up in mod hitlist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If it's a picture you can upload it to imgur or whatever and using f12 or right clicking, you can inspect the element and it'll show how big it is (on firefox at least)
    It was just quoted text. Put aside to other signatures (firefox window to firefox window) I wouldnt say it was bigger than any other signature. Its just text I don't know how to handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the problem. My current signature is 1 line long. I cut the size it shows on my screen. Its NOT within forum allowed limits. Technically Im breaking their rules. Laughable.

https://imgur.com/a/vjkY9Nq
    Imagine 500 px width. Now imagine 100 px height. Now imagine this is a signature. Done.

All Im allowed to say is they do. And yes I have seen signatures bigger than mine in the past but somehow my old one was found bigger. Since I don't have a way to measure it myself I would like some help so I don't end up in mod hitlist.

- - - Updated - - -

It was just quoted text. Put aside to other signatures (firefox window to firefox window) I wouldnt say it was bigger than any other signature. Its just text I don't know how to handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the problem. My current signature is 1 line long. I cut the size it shows on my screen. Its NOT within forum allowed limits. Technically Im breaking their rules. Laughable.

https://imgur.com/a/vjkY9Nq
    Highlight your text, right click, inspect element then scroll to the bottom.

One line of text is 13.5 pixels, your limit is 100

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

One line of text is 13.5 pixels, your limit is 100
    Can I send you a pm with my old signature to count it for me? Many thanks. Based on what you say I was within my limits.

In most modern browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) you can right-click an element and choose Inspect, which will show you the size of the selected page element or elements. For example:

As you'll note here, your signature is 13px in height. Text-only signatures don't really have a width limitation, as the standard forum text formatting uses max-width in the same manner as forum posts. Only images in a signature need to follow the 500x100 limitation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Can I send you a pm with my old signature to count it for me? Many thanks. Based on what you say I was within my limits.
    Sure go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In most modern browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) you can right-click an element and choose Inspect, which will show you the size of the selected page element or elements. For example:

As you'll note here, your signature is 13px in height. Text-only signatures don't really have a width limitation, as the standard forum text formatting uses max-width in the same manner as forum posts. Only images in a signature need to follow the 500x100 limitation.
    Shouldn't this be in the forum rule section as a help to users? I mean I am not uneducated but up to now I never knew of this attribute. Anyway I made an imaginary signature which Im sure everyone will love.

Shouldn't this be in the forum rule section as a help to users? I mean I am not uneducated but up to now I never knew of this attribute. Anyway I made an imaginary signature which Im sure everyone will love.
    I'll pass along your suggestion to the site admins.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It doesn't really matter. No matter if it fits or not, one day some mod with a hair along the crack will decide they don't like it and delete it without notifying you.

That's what some mod did with my "No Beta" signature a couple of expansions ago.

(And that is not trolling - that is a fact. That actually happened.)
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    It doesn't really matter. No matter if it fits or not, one day some mod with a hair along the crack will decide they don't like it and delete it without notifying you.

That's what some mod did with my "No Beta" signature a couple of expansions ago.

Something something discussing moderation something something.
    TEAM BUYER'S REMORSE
    Avoid the Odyssey NEO G9 Until They Un-Broke the HDR
    Remember: Opinions can't hurt you.
    Woman in Tech. Don't @ me with your vitriol for not agreeing blindly with your position.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Femininity View Post
    Something something discussing moderation something something.
    Like it or not, what he describes is a sad reality. I had a signature years back that lasted well over a year, maybe even two, then I get on one day and poof, my signature is gone with an infraction from some new mod.

That's a huge "are you kidding me?!" scenario that no one can deny. The fact we still have no easy way to measure signatures on this website that now has been owned by larger companies and isn't so small anymore is baffling. Silly. Ridiculous, even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Oddly enough, there is, or at least was a rule for text reaching a certain length. I hit it. with my previously described infraction lol
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Like it or not, what he describes is a sad reality. I had a signature years back that lasted well over a year, maybe even two, then I get on one day and poof, my signature is gone with an infraction from some new mod.

That's a huge "are you kidding me?!" scenario that no one can deny. The fact we still have no easy way to measure signatures on this website that now has been owned by larger companies and isn't so small anymore is baffling. Silly. Ridiculous, even.
    There might be new big owners, but this forum software is ancient as fuck. The very fact that a forum is still being used is a miracle in itself though, most people nowadays prefer using discord instead of forums.
    Pro-European Union / Pro-Russia / Pro-China
    The EU needs to learn to be more tolerant of conservative and religious communities. It needs to learn to respect cultural freedom and stop trying to force it's own narrow-minded liberal views on the world. It is none of europe's concerns how other nations or even it's own member-nations deal with their own problems. "My ancestors smile upon me. Can you say the same?"

Since this has veered off topic into discussing moderation, I'm locking. As a reminder, signature "infractions" are just warnings. They aren't enough points to trigger a ban, and the points expire three times faster than actual infractions. They're primarily there to let you know your signature size is an issue and to record it was addressed.

All necessary information for determining signature size can be found in this thread already.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |