Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    The IO system is such a pain in the ass on alts. It actually drives me nuts trying to pug keys, you can see my main's score, you can see I'm a CE raider, you can see my ilvl yet still can't get an invite.
    You playing well on class A is no guarantee whatsoever that you also play well on class B (or a different role entirely), so why would they blindly invite you when there are huge amounts of other players that are better suited?

It's almost as if people get their ego bruised for being declined.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-10-14 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Source?
    probably by doing keys and seeing how bad people are at the game lol... so many who still almost a year into shadowlands... who don't understand things learnt the first time doing the dungeons on normal or mythic mode...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    probably by doing keys and seeing how bad people are at the game lol... so many who still almost a year into shadowlands... who don't understand things learnt the first time doing the dungeons on normal or mythic mode...
    I think this is why Tyrannical feels like shit to PuG. People straight-up int keys to boss mechanics and the key gets toasted 2/3rds of the way through.
    New BiS for 9.1!

[ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I think this is why Tyrannical feels like shit to PuG. People straight-up int keys to boss mechanics and the key gets toasted 2/3rds of the way through.
    had a group in mists when trying to do last key for an alt with a friend... we wiped to mistcaller because the tank got killed by patty cake... then we did another try and tank died to patty cake again...

"wtf someone needs to help me interrupt"

i just left the group... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    had a group in mists when trying to do last key for an alt with a friend... we wiped to mistcaller because the tank got killed by patty cake... then we did another try and tank died to patty cake again...

"wtf someone needs to help me interrupt"

i just left the group... lol...
    Fun fact: If the tank outranged the Patty Cake it'll one shot the next highest on the threat table in range.

But yeah, I see a lot of that. Getting hooked on Gorechop, getting one shot by the combo for Xav, vacuuming balls on the first/second boss of Spires like a Hoover, breaking a CC'd mob on Amarth right before the cast, failing hooks, 6+ minute Nalthors because people can't kill their adds downstairs... it's just brutal how many opportunities these bosses have for players to prove to the world how much they hate timing keys.
    New BiS for 9.1!

[ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

Fun fact: If the tank outranged the Patty Cake it'll one shot the next highest on the threat table in range.

But yeah, I see a lot of that. Getting hooked on Gorechop, getting one shot by the combo for Xav, vacuuming balls on the first/second boss of Spires like a Hoover, breaking a CC'd mob on Amarth right before the cast, failing hooks, 6+ minute Nalthors because people can't kill their adds downstairs... it's just brutal how many opportunities these bosses have for players to prove to the world how much they hate timing keys.
    It is part of the reason why I am against the weekly chest beyond it being a obvious time gate.

A large portion of mid tier players rely solely on brute forcing things and are not really tuned in on what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    It is part of the reason why I am against the weekly chest beyond it being a obvious time gate.

A large portion of mid tier players rely solely on brute forcing things and are not really tuned in on what's happening.
    That's not the game's fault... lol.
    New BiS for 9.1!

That's not the game's fault... lol.
    It kind of is... but its extremely hard to filter for. You need mechanics designed in a way so failing them is fatal in even trivial content. It's why mechanics that pacify dps are the ones they learn to avoid the quickest.

It kind of is... but its extremely hard to filter for. You need mechanics designed in a way so failing them is fatal in even trivial content. It's why mechanics that pacify dps are the ones they learn to avoid the quickest.
    You definitely don't want one shot mechanics or too punishing ones even in trivial content if you want to retain players. Players can already have access to fatal mechanics in the higher layers of the game (mythic raids, high M+).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-10-15 at 06:21 PM.

not getting your soul on kultharok means you're going to die or get mind controlled... yet it happens with a relatively high frequency people die or get mind controlled...

M+ needs a second elitism indicator beyond IO score?

tf?
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <The Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    M+ needs a second elitism indicator beyond IO score?

tf?
    io score at this point is just a joke unless it's really high...

Its definitely not. Nearly every (if not every single) mechanic in 5man content is extremely simple. Its not the game's fault some players can't figure out that 2+2=4 or that "this mechanic will kill me if I stand in it, I should probably not stand in it."

The same people who are toxic now would be toxic in m+ no matter what system was put into place. For so many people being toxic is just an extension of how they play mmo's or video games. Changing the system won't magically fix who these people are once they go online.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2021-10-16 at 04:58 AM.

I don't think m+ or rio/score system need a revamp. They do their job well. The issue is all on the players for a multitude of reasons.

Pushers/people who like m+ will just say it's fine and the best content, while the other group will say the opposite. For me, the only issue i have as a non-pusher isnthat some bis gear is in m+ and i have to do them while i don't like them.

Most people in the end just play for the rewards. So they stop at 15s because you get easy 252s from the cache. Doesn't really show how good or bad they are, just that they don't care about m+ enough to partake in a ladder system that doesn't give them nothing valuable.

I would just like to have a hard separation between m+ and said gear, end of story. This way people can do whatever they like the most without being hindered by the fact you have to run stuff you don't care about. I have heard lots of m+ only players complaining about having to farm the raid for the gems even if they literally don't give a shit about it.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

There's a whole lot of unsubstantiated guesswork going on there. I'll give you that M+ is easier this season but I think that has more to do with people just getting better at the dungeons over the course of an expansion than it does the seasonal affix.
    Nah, the powerlevel scales way harder than the dungeons between seasons.
    I'm not that good of a player, I do my KSM and I'm happy, but this season we are going +20 while before we struggled doing a 16 in time.
    Really, the powerlevel (raid gems for example) is always nuts the further we go into an expansion, it has never been any different.