Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Have heard the remains are just bones, and dental records show it is indeed Brian Laundrie. Surprising to hear the body decayed to that state in such a short amount of time.
    https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status...02161690898435

Sauce. Man, I haven't followed this shit much but it seems pretty wild.

Have heard the remains are just bones, and dental records show it is indeed Brian Laundrie. Surprising to hear the body decayed to that state in such a short amount of time.
    It's not really about decay, but about simply being consumed by bugs, fish, birds, or even coyotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see Missing White Woman Syndrome is still a thing in the Year of Our Lord Twenty Twenty One.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    either he went out there and killed himself right away or got eaten by an alligator if they’re his remains is my guess.
    He probably just didn't have enough food/water would be my guess. It's not really that easy to get eaten by an alligator. Mostly they dgaf, especially if you're not in the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not really about decay, but about simply being consumed by bugs, fish, birds, or even coyotes.
    wait...there's shit in Florida swamps that would eat a dead body?!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

If true gotta consider that the place the body is found at there are plenty of animals and insects that will pick clean anything before decay even sets in. Despite popular belief the meaty bits don't stick around long out in the wilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Jesus. First reply is stoking a conspiracy theory that this is a coverup of some kind.
    Everyone on Twitter is an expert on everything, and there's always a secret, nefarious plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status...02161690898435

Sauce. Man, I haven't followed this shit much but it seems pretty wild.
    Hope they do a dna test.

Jesus. First reply is stoking a conspiracy theory that this is a coverup of some kind.
    Well, Obviously Laundrie is the guy that did for Epstein and now "They" had to silence him as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    People are going to come out the woodwork on any occasion, and this one is ripe for the "self educated".

That being said, there is some concern about the convenience factor of the remains being found. This article, on the previous page, provides some insight to there possibly being "issues" with the find.

How were Brian Laundrie’s remains missed for 33 days but then found by his parents in a few hours?
    Wednesday, 20 October, began like every other in the 33 days since Brian Laundrie was reported missing. Then, around midday, came a flurry of news. Chris and Roberta Laundrie were at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and had contacted law enforcement the night before to ask them to accompany them to the site. Within minutes, a “dry bag” containing personal items belonging to Mr Laundrie had been recovered.

To seasoned observers of the case, this all seemed a little convenient. The same location where the items were found had been pored over by highly-trained FBI, police and sheriff’s search teams with cadaver dogs just a month earlier.

Law enforcement had used all of the sophisticated search tools at their disposal, including sonar, drones, swamp buggies and fixed wing aircraft to seek out any trace of Mr Laundrie in this vast and uncompromising landscape, even employing a local rancher who had spent every day of the last 30 years in this terrain.

It had been under water at the time they were looking, but canine experts believe the cadaver dogs still would have sniffed it out.

And then on Wednesday, here were two Florida grandparents in T-shirts and hiking boots having seemingly outwitted them all in a matter of hours.
    Give that even the FBI is at least questioning the convenience and "weird" factor of the remains find, others asking the same questions doesn't leap to "conspiracy theory" status just yet. And a DNA test would be prudent, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    He probably just didn't have enough food/water would be my guess. It's not really that easy to get eaten by an alligator. Mostly they dgaf, especially if you're not in the water.

- - - Updated - - -

wait...there's shit in Florida swamps that would eat a dead body?!
    It just seems weird that he would have decayed that quickly if he starved to death considering the body can go a few weeks without food. As far as water goes. Yeah I guess he could have dehydrated if he didn’t drink any of the water he was surrounded by. It’s not the cleanest, but it’s probably better than no water.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The area where the remains were found were under water, if I’m not mistaken. But I’ll concede a DNA test shouldn’t cost much to double verify. And I think the biggest thing the FBI is questioning is whether the family had been truthful about their knowledge of his plans.
    I'm not sure about underwater, and why it wouldn't be anymore after 33 days - if you find something about that post it, it would be worth investigating.

EDIT: Looks like the remains were previously underwater. That might explain a lot and/or all.

The issue, which is brought up in the article and excerpts posted, is that the same area was scoured by FBI and cadaver search professionals, for days, and nothing was found. And then the parents, in only a few hours, find the remains. That alone is worth investigating, both the parents and the identify of the body. Those facts don't point to some outlandish conspiracy theory, but rather to how culpable the parents were in Brain's escape and death. And, we should 110% the ID of the body - DNA test is an obvious call in this case.

From the article:
    The parents walked the trail with law enforcement personnel nearby when Chris Laundrie ventured off the trail "zigzagging in different areas" and found a white bag in some brambles, Bertolino told CNN. Chris Laundrie then found law enforcement officers – who had discovered found a backpack and remains, Bertolino said.

Bertolino dismissed as "hogwash" a suggestion that Chris Laundrie had planted the dry bag. He said the parents simply decided to walk the park Wednesday because it was the first day it was reopened to the public.
    Devil's Advocate here: on one hand, it's awfully coincidental that the parents decided to walk the park and then almost immediately found the remains - whereas professionals had been unable to for over a month. I think that would strike anyone as at least queer, and worth tying up. On the other hand, the only other choices are (a) the parents relocated the remains from another area to there, and why would they do that; or (b) the parents did the whole tv series villain, and found another body, placed it at that location, and somehow replaced Brian's dental records with the body they used. Most people, even if they know of it, don't know how to do it - plus, who has an extra body lying around?
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-22 at 02:27 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It’s a swamp during hurricane season. It stays pretty flooded until around now. The FBI described searching in chest high water full of snakes and gators. It’s hard to be effective in those conditions. And I acquiesced that DNA testing should be done just to put all doubts to rest.
    Yeah, see above - I edited my post. We're on the same page.

Considering it's pretty much certain he killed his GF, couldn't he just fucking off himself in the parking lot of a local Denny's or his own backyard or something and save everyone the headache and couple of million dollars spent on tracking him down?

He found a way to be an asshole even beyond the grave.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The way it was described, with the parents not helping until the park was open (even with a solid sighting of him on video there on trails) was shady to start. And then the parents 'zig-zagging' on their own through the park as soon as it was opened until they (of all the people searching...) found his belongings, which they picked up before police were there, is pretty suspiciously coincidental. There's also the question of his notebook which sounds like it was in the water and ruined most of the writing in it, and it's unclear if it 'fell' out when the parents were handling the backpack before police arrived.

So this one will definitely be a movie or two, and we may never know the full story. Definitely the parents know a lot more than they let on, but in the end it's a terrible tragedy all around. Maybe his parents will eventually be forthcoming with what they knew and did to finally close the book on this.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-10-22 at 04:32 AM.

So most likely what we thought - he offed himself. Why this does not surprise me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Have to wonder....guy had it all imo. Then...boom. What happened?

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised, but I am curious about the parents. I really want to hear from them and what they've been doing, because it looks incredibly suspicious. Their silence (even if it was their safest move) has expended my sympathy when so many woman die like this every year.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Just adds more questions than answers
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Glad to see Missing White Woman Syndrome is still a thing in the Year of Our Lord Twenty Twenty One.

I am sure the parents and families of the children and women missing feel ashamed and will atone for the coverage and privilege the media gave them.

Also glad to see that you are able to make a murder of a innocent girl into a "privileged situation".

My god you people over there are brain dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty open and shut to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    I am sure the parents and families of the children and women missing feel ashamed and will atone for the coverage and privilege the media gave them.

Also glad to see that you are able to make a murder of a innocent girl into a "privileged situation".

My god you people over there are brain dead...
    Pretty sure the they are simply alluding to what missing person cases the media blows up when there's so many similar cases every day.

There was no real reason for this case to gain the amount of media attention it did besides people inserting themselves into the situation for reasons stated throughout this thread.

Resident Cosplay Progressive