Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehaw View Post
    Ignoring your obvious copium on the matter
    *raises eyebrow*

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    *raises eyebrow*
    *Rolls eyes*

...Well? Any counterargument to the matter at hand, without posting any unnecessary reactions which nobody cares about?

Or are you convinced the Glyph system should be improved upon as described, so it benefits everyone?

- - - Updated - - -

On topic to everyone:

Even class books and the previously mentioned green fire questline can be turned into these types of collectibles for everyone to pick up, mix and match, and generally collect.

As well as having a dedicated Glyph screen, on which you can see which Glyphs you already collected, which ones are still misiing, where to find them etc. etc., just like on the regular mount/toy/transmog tabs.
    Last edited by Yehaw; 2021-10-06 at 03:54 PM.

I can get behind the idea of a dedicated glyph page that shows what you've collected and what it looks like, but I still think they should be made by inscriptionators.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I can get behind the idea of a dedicated glyph page that shows what you've collected and what it looks like, but I still think they should be made by inscriptionators.
    Hmm, care to elaborate as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by Yehaw View Post
    Hmm, care to elaborate as to why?
    Because it gives a purpose for the profession and makes sure players can either grind the levels to make the glyphs themselves or buy them from the AH with minimal fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Because it gives a purpose for the profession and makes sure players can either grind the levels to make the glyphs themselves or buy them from the AH with minimal fuss.
    Well, scribes can make scrolls, alchemists can make potions etc. etc.

The purpose of the profession can be literally anything, whereas an entire system which could stand in and of itself benefits more from being open to anybody regardless of profession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Sorry for assuming you could be reasoned with. No sense in name calling.

Your arguments are silly. I have 30 characters I play, I am all about achievements, old dungeons, role playing.
    And I have not even looked at glyphs for 4 years. They are not necessary, and if they are I have two or three scribes.

That's called playing the game as intended. Not whining on the forums because a minimum of effort is required for some cosmetic tweaks...
    Seriously. You are what's wrong with WOW and these forums.
    The fact that you can't see beyond the here and now is truly astonishing.
    It's like you are unable to see any ideas even if blatantly presented to you, or integrate new knowledge into existing preconceptions, and changing your perspective based on said knowledge.

The more characters you have, the more you would actually benefit from a system liek this, as it would give you somethign new to do, something new to strife for, but no, you are unable to let go of your existing biases for even a second of consideration. If anything, it is you that is wrong with wow.

Systems change, evolve to be better, to fulfill and create exciting new gamepaly aspects, stop shuitting your eyes and look around you for once if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As a roleplayer, no, it does not impact the game.

It is flavor items that people may seek to tailor their character to fit their story, development, or vision of how to play their story.

So, with this attempt at a panic argument. Does this mean you want all transmog options from professions removed as well? They are as well mostly flavor for the game. It is sadly rare that low-level professions earn much, except for selling for transmogging.

As well, professions aren't mandatory to have to obtain what you may seek, mostly? There are other things, like crafting communities, friends, guild members, raid alliance, or even the auction house where you can purchase what you seek.
    Read my first post, and you will find all the points you care about, and how they can be expanded upon, to be better in every aspect.
    I have detailed every point and how to integrate it besides already existing systems, so abiltiy transmog can finalyl fulfill its rightful place besides the other customization options.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is for ease of no-clicking:

Glyphs have become an intrinsic part of how we play our classes, too essential to be locked behind any arbitrary profession.

Instead of Glyphs, Scribes should become liek Alchemists in the sense of creating only temporary buffs like potions do.

Updates:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More glyphs are welcome as well.

Doesn't change the fact that an entire customization system is locked behind an arbitrary profession.

It's just as idiotic as locking the entire transmog system behind enchanting for example. Yes, scrolls should be the main reason people play Scribes just as potions are the main reason people play alchemists.

Thank God that isn't the case, but I'm sure some less mentally savy people would argue in favor of it anyways.
    like how they are incapable of seeing it would be far better for them if they could progress in this system seperately from their professions a.k.a it would be something new to do ingame, like hunting for transmogs currently is an entirely different activity.

The Glyph System should become way more front and center just like the previously mentioned Transmog system is now.

It deserves way more attention, than it currently gets.

Looks/Feels and Effect together affect how we play the game, so Yes, Glyphs/Character Design/Transmogs/Toys/Mounts etc. affect our overall gameplay experience while playing. That's the quintessential reason to play any RPG.

The fact that this system is still underdeveloped and used way less efficientely than how it should be used, despite the concept with Path of the Titans being more than a decade old, is a discussion in another matter.

For now, it is enough to decouple it from an unnecessary profession lock, and then we can iterate on it from there, to allow way more customization for players.

Not exactly, but I agree druid is certainly one of the more obvious ones. They are as much an integral part of the game as trasmog, but sadly not many peopel use it to their full potential.

I'd argue for permannetly unlocking them though class quests, and then they wuold become like the toy system/transmogrification system integrated to your character

Even the ethereals can be utilized to allow for switching glyhs like the other ethereal for switching transmogs
    Last edited by Yehaw; 2021-10-06 at 06:23 PM.

Sounds reasonable, would even solve the problem of people forgetting about the system enitrely.