Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It will be about as "dead" as TBC is right now - which it isn't.

It's just this rather odd definition of the term "dead", where a game that doesn't make any massive headlines or gets constantly covered is considered "dead" to some people, despite having players that enjoy it.
    It's this a mixture of the mindset "If it's not making any news, it's dead" and "if i'm not playing it, it's dead".

The hype however will wear off rather quickly, simply because people will blast through it faster than TBC, let alone Classic.

Leveling will be faster.
    You don't have any Rep to work for in order to unlock heroics.
    You'll blast through every single heroic the moment you hit 80.
    You'll blast through every single raid because they are easy as fuck.
    You don't even have to do anything outside of raiding because there's nothing there that progresses your character besides Sons of Hodir dailies.
    Yep... considering Naxx was down within 2 days on the original launch, those people have probably found ways to do within the first 24 hours now... then they will scream about having nothing to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ B̶C̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ F̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ WotLK will be the best thing ever!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ B̶C̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ F̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ WotLK will be the best thing ever!
    TBF to some people Classic was the best thing ever, to others tbc classic is the best thing ever, to others Wrath will be the best thing ever.

To Me, mop classic would be the best thing ever

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    TBF to some people Classic was the best thing ever, to others tbc classic is the best thing ever, to others Wrath will be the best thing ever.

To Me, mop classic would be the best thing ever
    Gotta wait for this one a little.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Wotlk IS and HAS BEEN the most popular expansion of World of warcraft in the private server scene.

It is also the most engaging and replayable expansion since it's still the old wow that we loved but more polished, yet not the new kid lfr trash that became in cata and everything onwards with the old world revamp

Not so hardcore as TBC and not so easy as cata to gear up, will be cool to gear and also let people have some alts to have fun...

Also arena is fun as hell and more balanced than probably any other version of wow but 5.4 patch...

To be honest and actually the only version of the game to bargain on at this point
    its way easier to gear in wotlk than in cata,the badge gear in cata is basicaly useless,meanwile in wrath its pure gold...

and wile the overall difficulty isnt as high as tbc,some of the individual encounters are way above anything in tbc,but yeah overall wotlk is a snooze fest difficulty wise

also arena is extremly unbalanced,seriously....did you even play wrath?i did 2.4k in 3's and 2.7k in 2's,early wrath was a shitfest of ret/arcane/bm hunter 1 shots,and dk dominating overall

season 7 was the only season close to balance,but then s8 ruined it completly with 99% going human with double trinkets,and the wrath trinkets were no joke

anyways,no1 sais it will be dead on arrival,it will be the most popular classic version so far because its the most casual friendly one

Lot less raid logging in Wrath for me than in TBC, you can actually play alts to the same level without jumping through attunement hoops, plus LFD just makes it more fun to do dungeons, and gameplay is just more fun in general thanks to improved class design.

Besides, wow is kind of a "raid log" game anyway, people were raid logging in classic, people are raid logging in TBC, people raid log in SL.
    Its literally less to do and time requirement in WotLK compared to TBC and Vanilla. Vanilla had leveling that took time, gearing in TBC is actually possible through dungeons. Dungeons in WotLK were useless after first week, heck even the raids were over after few weeks.

Sure, if you have 20 alts then you can raid log more, but there is nothing in WotLK outside rep(if that outside AT that doesn't come before later on) and instances, aka raids as dungeons are non progressive.

But, on that note, there is this difference in old expansions as you make an example of, that there is nothing to do outside raiding when you are max level and done with the dungeons. Which are pretty early in vanilla and tbc too, no doubt. Which is probably a reason why the hype is huge at start, but then quickly getting reduced to a small sized player base that do what we talk about, raid logging.

Of course, a part of the player base loves raid logging, so these versions are great for them. But it's longevity is diminished as far as reaching out to a greater amount of players.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-02 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its literally less to do and time requirement in WotLK compared to TBC and Vanilla. Vanilla had leveling that took time, gearing in TBC is actually possible through dungeons. Dungeons in WotLK were useless after first week, heck even the raids were over after few weeks.

Sure, if you have 20 alts then you can raid log more, but there is nothing in WotLK outside rep(if that outside AT that doesn't come before later on) and instances, aka raids as dungeons are non progressive.
    /shrug, to each their own.

Been playing wrath pservers for years, i never get bored of it. TBC is already boring, everyone is raid logging, I'd love to do alts but its just too much of a pain in the ass and none of the classes are really THAT fun like they are in Wrath.

Note, this is all personal thoughts, other people are free to their own, some people hate wrath. Also note, I'd raid every day in Wrath if I could find enough guilds to work the times out, i love raiding.

/shrug, to each their own.

Been playing wrath pservers for years, i never get bored of it. TBC is already boring, everyone is raid logging, I'd love to do alts but its just too much of a pain in the ass and none of the classes are really THAT fun like they are in Wrath.

Note, this is all personal thoughts, other people are free to their own, some people hate wrath. Also note, I'd raid every day in Wrath if I could find enough guilds to work the times out, i love raiding.
    Agree, to each their own. I did raid 5 days a week in WotLK too(on 5 chars) . But that was it. I changed when I came back after being tired of just that, raid logging all the way to Firelands then I stopped.

Much was my excitement when Legion came with all its extra content. But as you mentioned, nowadays SL is practically raid logging too after the initial 2 weeks of each season.

Anyway, my point still is clear, WotLK Classic is going to have a major drop off early on. We do remember Naxxramas :> They should release everything faster in those classic versions imo. All in 8-10 months, it would make it more consistant, the players will be more engaged and still play knowing the next raid comes quickly.

Have that year of success, then do the next instead of relying on having people go on and off for 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I don't think I ever read that someone claimed wotlk will be dead on arrival.
    there was a few posts made after the main post 'who is just waiting on WOTLKC to launch' by some burner accounts saying it will be DOA and it's overhyped and whatnot, i'm guessing those posts were deleted if you haven't seen them yet.

I agree with every point with the exception of "most balanced" arena. Was it more balanced than most arena seasons? Yes, it definitely was. The final season in WOD, MOP and Legion were a lot more balanced.

It's gonna be awesome, my warlock will have Haunt, voidwalker holds threat better, leveling is gonna be absurdly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    It's ripping apart the Player Base even further.

First, you have your autistic "Gotta have two sides, Alliance and Horde." Two.

Then you have Classic and Classic TBC. Six.

Now you wanna add WotLK? Eight?

Mother****ers will burn out fast and head to other games. Would be my bet*
    classic era servers are DEAD DEAD. no one stayed behind to grind that shit. TBD on seasonal realms.

As for the progressive servers (tbc classic currently) I personally see a LOT of reasons to go that route vs the retail version of the game. Unlike retail i know what to expect from the expansions and balancing, so im not meta at the start and shit at the middle and end of it. Further theres a LOT less bugs and you have completed systems and a completed expansion vs a work in progress paid beta thing you have in retail for a year+ usually.

So yea ill play tbc until we clear out sunwell and start grinding up fro the WOTLK level push and clear as well. and I hope they keep progressively releasing them every 2 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    classic era servers are DEAD DEAD. no one stayed behind to grind that shit. TBD on seasonal realms.
    Think everyone who just wanted to play vanilla went back to pservers honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, to each their own. I did raid 5 days a week in WotLK too(on 5 chars) . But that was it. I changed when I came back after being tired of just that, raid logging all the way to Firelands then I stopped.

Much was my excitement when Legion came with all its extra content. But as you mentioned, nowadays SL is practically raid logging too after the initial 2 weeks of each season.

Anyway, my point still is clear, WotLK Classic is going to have a major drop off early on. We do remember Naxxramas :> They should release everything faster in those classic versions imo. All in 8-10 months, it would make it more consistant, the players will be more engaged and still play knowing the next raid comes quickly.

Have that year of success, then do the next instead of relying on having people go on and off for 2 years.
    Problem is, if you go too fast you don't get to do all your gearing you want That's what I play for, I love gearing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo hype will be slightly bigger than TBC and nowhere close Vanilla launch. But it will be most popular out from all "evergreen" versions of Classic, simply as best version to experience old world.

I mean... considering wow being one of the top MMO's still to this day and it's constantly being called "dead". Kinda safe to say that dead means it's most likely successful regardless.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Were talking about Wotlk already?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I'll bite. Well, Woltk would be fine if they'd release it in its original early form. It started going downhill around the second half of its lifespan. Of course this is just wishful thinking.
    I mean apart from that fact that the first tier of Wrath was such a joke it made Vanilla raids look difficult, sure. You could clear Naxx without even being max level, and the most challenging part about Sartharion (3 drakes) was doable easily with a random pug in 5 minutes. Then when you get to the third tier of the expansion you were soloing heroic dungeons as a clothie.

The only good part about Wrath was it's story, the rest of it was grinding for grindings sake.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

That first phase is gonna be bad.

A dramatically easier version of Naxxramas, a raid that everyone just did recently, and a couple pretty easy bosses.

And some heroic dungeons that are way easier than the already not hard BC heroics.

Heigan without teleports and a 33% slower dance that doesn't one shot you.
    Anub'Rekhan but you can just tank locust swarm.
    Maexxna but the stun is 4 seconds instead of 10 seconds and she's tauntable.
    Gothik but the adds have the same HP and damage as level 60 while you're level 80 so you zerg everything down.
    Gluth but the zombies do the same damage as level 60 and you're level 80.
    Four Horsemen but with no shield wall, they run themselves into their spots and marks last 25 seconds and do the same damage as level 60 (void zone actually does less at 80 than 60).
    Kel'Thuzad but he doesn't mind control his tank and does grossly undertuned damage.

Truly thrilling content awaits.

Think everyone who just wanted to play vanilla went back to pservers honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is, if you go too fast you don't get to do all your gearing you want That's what I play for, I love gearing.
    Isn't the experience in classics that gearing is no way important at all? Cause it's so trivial to raid anyway? If thats the case, then it would definitely be so for WotLK until at least Ulduar Hard Mode, even ICC no buffs.

Don't get me wrong, gearing is cool, with it's ups and down, but to me it seems in classics that is less important than ever. I might be wrong?

Isn't the experience in classics that gearing is no way important at all? Cause it's so trivial to raid anyway? If thats the case, then it would definitely be so for WotLK until at least Ulduar Hard Mode, even ICC no buffs.

Don't get me wrong, gearing is cool, with it's ups and down, but to me it seems in classics that is less important than ever. I might be wrong?
    I mean, i don't care if you need the gear or not, I just like to get it.

I mean, i don't care if you need the gear or not, I just like to get it.
    Hehe, okay, same here, same here!