Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Wotlk IS and HAS BEEN the most popular expansion of World of warcraft in the private server scene.

It is also the most engaging and replayable expansion since it's still the old wow that we loved but more polished, yet not the new kid lfr trash that became in cata and everything onwards with the old world revamp

Not so hardcore as TBC and not so easy as cata to gear up, will be cool to gear and also let people have some alts to have fun...

Also arena is fun as hell and more balanced than probably any other version of wow but 5.4 patch...

To be honest and actually the only version of the game to bargain on at this point
    lol don't listen to them. Dead on arrival and WoW can't be said in the same sentence. Wotlk was really popular expansion. If it has 1Milion players on launch will be a success. If it retains even half of that will be a bigger success.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Classic seems to have kept over a million sub's over 2 years. I mean judging from ironforge there were around 800k characters appearing in raid logs each week until a few months before tbc launch. TBC is at half that number. I'm going to guess LK will be closer to TBC numbers which is more than enough to be successful for Blizzard and people who want to actively replay it.

I played this expansion sporadically but IIRC didn't you have to badge farm easy heroics and do the 10 man version of raids to gear for 25 man raids? As much as people complain about raid logging, I prefer not being required to spend extra time when the game is mostly about harder raids. Its like I could play an open world game more like vanilla levelling, maybe with some more of the social organization game it originally required, or I could play a game that was 99% harder instances. Those 2 games don't mix very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    there will be no more PvPers left on retail after wrath releases.

wotlk classic is peak mmoc content
    easy content that you can faceroll for badges and get disproportionately powerful gear

maybe this time though, people will do ulduar as current content at least.

Wotlk will obviously attract players, even if just for the nostalgia.

However I think people will burn through it even faster than TBC.

Despite being the pinnacle of WoW in terms of subs and whatnot, Wotlk was also the expansion that began the introduction of major substantive changes toe the game's philosophy and game play.

The dam might have burst in Cata (pun intended) but the cracks began appearing in Wotlk. WoW was going a major philosophical design remake and not for the better.

Vanilla went from 1 million subs to 8 million subs in TBC. Then it went about 10 million subs in WotLK. TBC was the most growth, WotLK was just riding on TBC's success.

Wrath will arguably be the most popular iteration of Classic. Classic Cataclysm will be dead on arrival.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I've heard anyone whose opinion I respected saying it would be dead on arrival.

I think it will probably go like Classic and Burning Crusade. A huge crush at the start, thinning down in a few months and hit some much lower stable level some months after that. Any expectation that it will be wildly popular for longer than a year is very likely to be disappointed. It will do fine. Of the three it's the expansion I've most looked forward to seeing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-04 at 02:26 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Who ever said it would be DOA?
    Stop making shit up.

5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt there will be classic Wotlk. It would make totally zero sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I doubt there will be classic Wotlk. It would make totally zero sense at all.
    I can't see them not doing it at this point. As much as I don't want to because I want to preserve the memories, it will be a success initially. They might need to speed up the phasing to Ulduar because T7 was one of the worst launch tiers I can remember

Wotlk is a much better/fun version of TBC. I think it will be even more popular.

Of course it won't be dead on arrival, stop sperging out. WOTLK has something tbc doesn't, mount farming(Besides ashes). Mounts from OS/Malygos/ulduar/ICC will be enough to atleast keep guilds together and raiding 1-2 days a week.

But WOTLK was far from the best expansion, if you really think about it the expansion had nothing to do outside of raiding. People just say it is because of Ulduar and Lich king, Ulduar was a great raid.... for it's time, ICC was a terrible raid until lich king but 50 limited attempts was not a fun addition to raiding. People will still fully clear Ulduar HM in one day, the only thing that made yogg 0 hard was groups not fighting the adds at the door way which is what Stars did, and needing dps who could dps while looking away like shadow priests. The only other mechanic is dodging slow moving clouds which for it's time you'd be surprised how many idiots hit those things and spawned adds.

No, wotlk is not the best expansion (DUHURR SPERRUUURGGHHH BUT IT HAD THE MOST SUBS) so what, sub numbers don't mean it was the best expansion, it just means at the time in 2009/2010 there was no other MMo, WHICH there wasn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    LK is the ideal expansion with my current mindset, except that some of the raid tiers (and all the heroic dungeons) were ridicolously easy back then. I can't even imagine how easy they will seem today and how we will cope with that.

At least this time around, the ppl that played classic vanilla an classic tbc will go into classic wotlk with the same background experience as i had back in wotlk.

And i suspect they as well as i was will be less than pleased at running naxx again for months. And i think the dungeons, professions or reputations will impress them just as little as they did me compared to their earlier counterparts.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I never read about WotLK being DoA.
    Even though I'm a retail andy, I can't wait for it. I bet it's gonna be popular enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    TBF to some people Classic was the best thing ever, to others tbc classic is the best thing ever, to others Wrath will be the best thing ever.

To Me, mop classic would be the best thing ever
    Definitely with you on that. Wotlk /yawn just want it over with so I can get to where the real fun is.

Honestly there's only one real question about wrath classic. It's not if it will be popular or doa (it certainly won't be doa and no one has said it will. The OP was making shit up for Internet points). At what point will blizzard add lfd.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I can't see them not doing it at this point. As much as I don't want to because I want to preserve the memories, it will be a success initially. They might need to speed up the phasing to Ulduar because T7 was one of the worst launch tiers I can remember
    Yeah, I love Ulduar too. Best raid ever.