Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Maybe the reason mods don't like you is because your signature is "mods bad".
    So what? That's telling the truth. And if they don't like it, they can change it. They've done it before. I'm not going to lie or pretend everything here is roses and fairies when it's obviously not.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'd like to point out that Chicken Drummer is back - AGAIN - making obvious bot social engineering phishing topics, and even though I've reported the posts, the mods have done nothing.

NOTHING.

So I guess MMO-Champion is OK with bots using up their database space and stealing peoples' private information. As long as we don't dare say that they're OK with bots using up their database space and stealing peoples' private information.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what? That's telling the truth. And if they don't like it, they can change it. They've done it before. I'm not going to lie or pretend everything here is roses and fairies when it's obviously not.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'd like to point out that Chicken Drummer is back - AGAIN - making obvious bot social engineering phishing topics, and even though I've reported the posts, the mods have done nothing.

NOTHING.

So I guess MMO-Champion is OK with bots using up their database space and stealing peoples' private information. As long as we don't dare say that they're OK with bots using up their database space and stealing peoples' private information.
    You asked for an explanation. That's the explanation. You're deliberately antagonising them, of course they're more trigger happy banning you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I think an underlying factor that governs much of the nature of issues like this is that: a lot of people have the delusion that being impolite is always wrong. I understand where this is coming from (it's usually people raised to feel bad if they ever offend anyone and it's beyond the scope of this to explain where in the world that happens and how it happens; let's just say it happens because it obviously does).

Now the issue with this is that being always polite goes against even the tenets of psychotherapy; for example: if you are a person who is receiving personal attacks from people with narcissistic personality disorder (they will usually be considered trolls online): you will be advised by a therapist to avoid being polite to them because this strengthens the delusions and the hold of the other person.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-03 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    This is a fallacy. Your demeanor may be extremely polite and never get infracted; this is perfectly common; like half of England is filled with people that would never get banned because they are raised to feel extremely bad if they seem impolite.

The issue with those social factors is that for most of the world being impolite is not automatically bad; for example if you remain on topic and you are right about what you're saying and you respond impolitely to a total troll: I'd find it correct.
    And here's the problem: You are totally unable of reflection. Responding to "trolls", perceived or real, NEVER adds to the health of a topic. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. The adult thing to do is ignore them.

While single infractions can be warranted or not, if you get banned repeatedly to get weeks of bans, then yes, it's a you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    And here's the problem: You are totally unable of reflection. Responding to "trolls", perceived or real, NEVER adds to the health of a topic. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. The adult thing to do is ignore them.

While single infractions can be warranted or not, if you get banned repeatedly to get weeks of bans, then yes, it's a you problem.
    I'm more laughing and shaking my head at his belief that most of the world was brainwashed into mindless sheep that would rather die than come of as "rude".

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This. I've been here as registered user for ten years, a few more as lurker, i've been banned just once or twice, for a couple thousand posts. If you're banned for weeks, you deserve it.
    Or and here is the thing. The people I call out on the forums for saying really dumb stuff need to grow up and get thicker skin. When I respond to someone and get them on their bs; that isn't me trolling. It's me saying it how it is. Why should I get banned for simply being honest to someone who can not handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I explained fully how the system works so this is not a problem with understanding the technical mechanics of it; points are accumulated because of individual infractions; then the infractions may overlap in time and raise the total points count and so on and so forth.

I fully disagree that it works perfectly; it's just a punishment unfit for the crimes; if you jaywalk ten times you should not go to prison for 10 years but you should instead pay the fine 10 times or least not go to prison for as long as harsher crimes.

This is why I said this is not only about the severity but about the consistency; e.g. when ElitistJerks gave you months for minor spam: they literally believed that it deserved months immediately; it was multiple times more fair and I'd find it fine.
    Your first mistake is to compare the moderation of a website to that of traffic laws, and the punishment following, they cannot be compared.

You get struck for breaking one of many known rules, you get a point, too many points, you get suspended, too little infractions and your points expire (YES, THEY DISAPPEAR), but if you do more rulebreaking after your previous punishment, then you stack up on the points - make the punishment larger. If you post without breaking the rules, then your points can still time out and revert to zero.

The point system is fine, and it'll hit harder and harder if one cannot actually understand how to act on this forum.

Two solutions:

1: Follow their rules.
    2: Leave the forum.

... And if you wish to compare it to criminal law.. I guess you could say.. Smashing a window, bad, smashing more windows, really bad, smashing even more windows, then you're a known offender, and it is really really bad. I do not believe you can compare it to criminal acts but if you want, you 'minor-trolling', are you smashing someone's window somewhere, and the police caught you - except, MMO-champion's moderation system is the nice cops, so you get MULTIPLE warnings before they get tired of your shit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Or and here is the thing. The people I call out on the forums for saying really dumb stuff need to grow up and get thicker skin. When I respond to someone and get them on their bs; that isn't me trolling. It's me saying it how it is. Why should I get banned for simply being honest to someone who can not handle it.
    You're not being brutally honest, you're just being brutal when it was totally possible not to be. Nobody wants to talk to you when you're like that, so you get banned because you're making the site a less enjoyable place to be. Go find a place where people want to tolerate you calling everyone with a different opinion stupid I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread devolved into things we don't allow, so closing here.

As to the original suggestion: If you are getting banned longer and longer for minor things, then the issue is you constantly breaking the rules. To get an infractions of 2 weeks you need to have broken the rules at least 4 times in a short time span. To get more than that takes increasingly more time and more infractions, which means you spent months of time getting regular infractions.

We think the system in this case works perfectly as intended. The rules are not hard to grasp or follow, so constant breaking of them is a user problem, not a problem with the system.

CLOSED.