Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Damn, when will these straight guys finally get it all their own way?
    One of the gays in my guild always used to comment about the big love rocket in a sexually suggestive manner. Where's his inclusivity in all this?

I guess it didn't fit with the narrow definition of inclusivity the devs had in mind. Doesn't sound very inclusive at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Newsflash, KFC offers vegetarian and vegan options in many parts of the world. They don’t take chicken off the menu. They add to it…
    Good job not noting the part where I said REMOVING chicken from the menu to appease this vegan offended by it, and instead ignoring my analogy and talking about their actual alternative menu.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-10-03 at 11:51 AM.

I have a suspicion the desexualization might be due to the Chinese changes to what games will be allowed in the country. Tencent still holds a pretty large share no?

Not all of the changes obviously, some are directly changed due to the devs saying it's not OK for personal reasons etc which is fine.

Blizzard's 'go broke' situation is caused by the lawsuits and the revealing of their incredibly toxic work environments (which for many became a problem only for when the men also were abused there, hmm!), which led to bigger problems with their shareholders and corporate supporters etc. And unpopular opinion, but if changing terribly aged jokes or players not being able to spam /spit on you leads to the sub cancellation of many people, then good riddance - those weren't players you'd want in your game anyway. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Good job taking my post in the literal sense...
    It'e the fact that your analogy is stupid. People who want actual progress aren't asking for shit to be deleted, they just want progress. Sure, if shit is bigoted or straight up offensive, then it ought to be reviewed regardless. But inclusivity isn't...exclusivity. It's about fucking including things.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It'e the fact that your analogy is stupid. People who want actual progress aren't asking for shit to be deleted, they just want progress. Sure, if shit is bigoted or straight up offensive, then it ought to be reviewed regardless. But inclusivity isn't...exclusivity. It's about fucking including things.
    Don't kid yourself, so you're going to pretend censorship isn't a thing?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-10-03 at 11:58 AM.

blizzard has been hemorrhaging for expansions, sad as it is to say

this is just a cherry on the ever-growing shitpile

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Makes me wonder if someone can name a single time that this dumbass phrase was actually true.
    It's mostly used on companies who are in trouble for being "unwoke" (Read: sexist, homophobe, transphobe etc.) and try damage control, their problems are then projected on the latter instead of the real cause. It really says more about the people using that phrase than about "wokeness".

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Don't kid yourself, so you're going to pretend censorship isn't a thing?
    Do you believe censorship is a one sided political issue? Because then you’re kidding yourself. And read what I said, people who want actual progress and actual inclusion. Blizzard are just opportunists looking to win a quick set of brownie points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    This kind of mindset isn't only the fault of left or "woke" mentality, America has a seeping disease of idiocy where women as a whole expressing any level of sexuality is seen as indecent or inappropriate. The depressing irony of the situation is that these people who think they're advocating for a more inclusive WoW are doing the literal exact opposite and they don't even realize it.

These morons are to the left what Flat Earthers are to the right.
    I wanna focus on this point for a moment. You have it backwards. America has a seeping disease of destitution where a woman as a whole expressing any level of sexuality is just them being independent, regardless of the lewdness or excess. They decided that the best thing to do is simultaneously make sex transactional, and then also blame the people (typically men) who decide to treat it as transactional. This allows them to be virtuous on both sides. The women are seen as brave, so brave, for having no shame about how they present themselves. The men, who react as men have reacted for literally centuries, take sexual notice of those women.. and are deemed to be predators by dint of their reaction, thereby absconding the women of moral responsibility. (That said. There is obviously NO EXCUSE AT ALL for a man forcing himself upon a woman or ignoring a woman's request/demand to leave them alone)...

And all of this leads to a select group of people deciding, FOR US, what we ought to want to see. The same people who believe that middle and high school students should be exposed to graphic depictions of pedophilia, and trans sexual relationship stories IN SCHOOL, want us to believe that it is wrong to have fucking dick jokes in a fantasy video game.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Blizzard is currently trapped in a "Get-Woke? Go Broke!" situation.

A More in-depth definition of "Get-Woke? Go Broke!": Not giving customers what they want and rightfully expect from your product, in order to appease an agenda or 'Social-justice' movement. Resulting in a natural loss of sales and profit, that increases progressively overtime. As more and more customers move on and seek out products from a competitor that meet their needs instead.

The ongoing desexualization of their games is cringe and is dividing their communities even further.
    Eh, the problem I have with the current situation might be the emotes? The rest are just silly changes without much impact other than to "look better while looking stupid".
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-03 at 12:22 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Blizzard is currently trapped in a "Get-Woke? Go Broke!" situation.

A More in-depth definition of "Get-Woke? Go Broke!": Not giving customers what they want and rightfully expect from your product, in order to appease an agenda or 'Social-justice' movement. Resulting in a natural loss of sales and profit, that increases progressively overtime. As more and more customers move on and seek out products from a competitor that meet their needs instead.

The ongoing desexualization of their games is cringe and is dividing their communities even further.
    So in other words, you're a pervert who has to get off by scantily clad avatars in a video game? I mean that is what you seem to be saying here. If you need that kind of stuff, there's OF, J4MF, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Corporations are well known leftist institutions.
    Boy are you blind and ignorant. Corporations are not "left" or "right". They exist solely to make money and their decisions a guided by that. If something is "leftist" and will make them earn money, they will do it. If it is "rightist" and will make them money, they will do it. They're not people.

the whole world is going mad atm because reason is no longer needed by most people, all they want is to be in their own echo chamber no matter how wrong they are
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 3 very active threads discussing the changes and PR situation already, please resume in one of those.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)