Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'd be really confused if I didn't understand humor and then read some, thinking it was a scientific analysis.

Also, I've never been on 4 chan even once in my life, also, your dead rabbit is triggering me, remove it, you are being offensive, and I'm a woman, and a POC so you are shit out of luck.
    It's amazing the number of people who have never been on 4-Chan but still regurgitate Chan talking points and use stupid strawman like "land whales" which is why I add "Chan related web content" to acknowledge the degrees of separation from Chan influence.

If you have a problem with nail-bunny report it to a moderator and if the people who own/run the website agree it is inappropriate I'll happily change it to something that offends you less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's amazing the number of people who have never been on 4-Chan but still regurgitate Chan talking points and use stupid strawman like "land whales" which is why I add "Chan related web content" to acknowledge the degrees of separation from Chan influence.

If you have a problem with nail-bunny report it to a moderator and if the people who own/run the website agree it is inappropriate I'll happily change it to something that offends you less.
    Oopf missed the dry humor friendo.

Hell, now even I am going with the wow is dying mentality. This is not going to go well...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Man threads like these make me feel like i have dementia

Wernt we only a couple weeks ago demanding blizzard listen to the employees demands
    but now suddenly we are demanding the devs shut the fuck up, and blizzard to not listen to them?
    yeah pretty much, we went from "corporation should stop opresing devs and their creative freedom" to "devs shouldnt be able to expres themselves in game THEY MADE" in less than a month or so

Sure they'll lose the few customers they have left but at least they'll be able to sleep at night knowing that they've forced their social issues on as many people as possible while giving the middle finger to "the corporate overlords".

I hope that knowledge will keep you warm and safe after the corporate overlords you hate so much fire your ass.

You still didn't understand that it was a joke then, there were no talking points, it was a joke, you can see the twitter profiles in the OP, they are clearly very left leaning people. Funny how you defend them, while we know they did this on purpose, but you have yet to defend the other side and let me remind you noone there has been convicted of anything yet. You have very serious double standards, and they are showing.

Also, you are straw manning with your 4chan shit, thinking that gives you some moral high ground, it does not, you not understanding humor and then accusing me of straw manning, while you strawman me, it's quite hilarious.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2021-10-03 at 11:27 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    it might say something that i can listen to what these devs say and think "well, these are people i definitely would NOT want to hang out with"

No wonder i can't enjoy the game anymore, the classic blizzard motto of "we make games that are fun for US first" still applies, but the "us" is a completely different type of person than it used to be, and that's a person I don't have much in common with.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    it might say something that i can listen to what these devs say and think "well, these are people i definitely would NOT want to hang out with"

No wonder i can't enjoy the game anymore, the classic blizzard motto of "we make games that are fun for US first" still applies, but the "us" is a completely different type of person than it used to be, and that's a person I don't have much in common with.
    It kinda showed with last blizzcon direct when they interviewed the story team. There was one cool voice actor the troll god guy ( can't remember how to spell it... ) and a whole lotta cringe from people who didn't want to talk about the game but how hard their life was and wacky their race made them.

I was less surprised the story suffered as much as it did part of me was expecting worse. Never hire "" artist"" types.

They didn't hijack anything, they were hired and trained by older Blizzard staff who then went on to retire. On top of that let's not forget that it was the "old guard" who started this process by doing stuff like covering Sylvanas's midriff and other terrible crimes.
    Who do you think they are going to hire in Anaheim, California? We are talking about people that are likely more creative than most. They tend to always come from one political leaning

These people and their ideology are parasitic. They know they can't start their own IP and have it be a success, so they leech off successful IP and suck it dry. They got too big, needed HR and now the degenerate walking pin cushions with blue hair and 24 pronouns are calling the shots.

Oh well good riddance I guess. They'll keep drip feeding classic content to whet the nostalgia whistle of WotLK and then keep releasing "seasonal" classic content to keep the shareholders happy with "year-on-year" growth in between periods of content drought. The game does not attract new players. Warcraft is a boomer IP, being held hostage by secular zealots
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2021-10-03 at 11:36 AM.

Is it company policy at blizzard to have their employees put pronouns in their twitter bios or why is it, that almost all of those quoted tweets have them?
    Gives me the feeling that blizzard hires only people from one specific spectrum nowadays and if you dare to have an opposing opinion (as in non-woke) you're fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Who do you think they are going to hire in Anaheim, California?

These people and their ideology are parasitic. They know they can't start their own IP and have it be a success, so they leech off successful IP and suck it dry. They got too big, needed HR and now the degenerate walking pin cushions with blue hair and 24 pronouns are calling the shots.

Oh well good riddance I guess. They'll keep drip feeding classic content to whet the nostalgia whistle of WotLK and then keep releasing "seasonal" classic content to keep the shareholders happy with "year-on-year" growth in between periods of content drought. The game does not attract new players. Warcraft is a boomer IP, being held hostage by secular zealots
    Nail on the freaking head. Nail. on. the. head.

please read. been seeing a lot of (frankly upsetting) comments from people who follow me / ‘support devs’ about some of the updates to in-game content being a ‘smokescreen for distract from bigger issues’ when really… it’s being led from within, by people who care, a Lot
    just because they say that doesn't mean it is true. in-game changes are a smokescreen, the changes have nothing to do with sexual harassment between the co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    These things are surfacing because the game is stale, like literally grey all over. The ugly parts are coming out and until 10.0 is announced, there's nothing to distract us from the dirt hiding under the carpet all this while.
    the game has been stale several times before and nothing happened. this is only happening because of the accusations by former employees and the government, about workplace conditions.
    Last edited by zhero; 2021-10-03 at 11:44 AM.

WoW has market dysphoria, they are marketing the game to people who dont play.

Its regretable that anyone with a shred of integrity, talent or vision left the company years ago.

The only people left are the corpos looking to skewer the last remaining whales and the delusional blizzard simps who cling to raiding and the never ending (((systems))) grind.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Is it company policy at blizzard to have their employees put pronouns in their twitter bios or why is it, that almost all of those quoted tweets have them?
    Gives me the feeling that blizzard hires only people from one specific spectrum nowadays and if you dare to have an opposing opinion (as in non-woke) you're fired.
    Nepotism. Its hard to make everything out from side line but factual is HR lead hired his wive into blizz and her past is not being a good gamedev but spending years on twitter ranting madly. Probably got buddies also in and now they practice their twitter mentality on wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Words like "People" and "real problems" are such a meme on these forums. Try "I" and "my pet peeve and personal agenda" instead, would be much more suitable.
    "Having personal agenda" would fit more to people who are obsessed with identity politics and offended by virtual boobs.

Good, that means there's actually change going on in the company that betters the employees there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Where have these developers been for the past 17 years?
    They've been sitting back, too intimidated to make their opinions felt. Obviously that's no longer the case.

I don't care about any of this. It doesn't matter to me. If someone wants to be called "them" rather than "him", why would I find that offensive? What do I gain from hurting their feelings? I'll call them whatever they want. If someone finds mild sexual innuendos problematic, again, I don't find them offensive at all, but what skin is it off my nose if they're changed in a videogame? What is the cost to me, just being nice about it?

All this stuff seems completely trivial and silly to me, but I'm a straight white guy. King of the world, right? I don't know how people that aren't straight white guys feel. So why not take them at their word? Why fight about it?

Just shrug and move on, people.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-10-03 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Here's the thing many internet dwellers, particularly the twitter-obsessed ones seem not to grasp nowadays.

I can sympathize or empathize with whatever you feel, I can even acknowledge that as a result of that, you seek the alteration or removal of things. I don't necessarily have to agree with you. Empathy and agreement (with subsequent irrational demands) are not a package deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 3 very active threads discussing the changes and PR situation already, please resume in one of those.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)