Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Also this just in, this also got removed... Can anyone without snark tell me why?

... ... ...

I think the better question would be "Why?" in general...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    If you were not aware, Blizzard is being investigated for creating a unsafe work environment and other sexual assault/harassment issues. Taking out stuff like this from the game is the easiest thing to do to affect their image. It's like the basic things to do before attacking the big problems.
    It's not corporate saying to remove these things, its the devs themselves doing it because it "offends" them. The changes to wow have nothing to do with the lawsuits.

Most of the lawsuits are actually about pay and promotion discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Alright you got me. I'm convinced. With these actions, I'm in total conviction that Blizzard cares about their female employees, or females in general. The evidence speaks for itself. If the State of California can't understand that, then they clearly don't know anything about women.
    As I said, this is among the easy stuff to do before the (hopefully) tackle the hard issues.

If you were not aware, Blizzard is being investigated for creating a unsafe work environment and other sexual assault/harassment issues. Taking out stuff like this from the game is the easiest thing to do to affect their image. It's like the basic things to do before attacking the big problems.
    Shhhh shut up you idiot. If you keep talking about it the State of California is going to find out they deleted these lines that prove Blizzard is a misogynistic company and lose the court case. FUCKING SNITCH.

As I said, this is among the easy stuff to do before the (hopefully) tackle the hard issues.
    I'm sure they could just delete WoW too, super easy, takes care of all the issues. Take that lawsuit!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    This whole situation is one big joke. I don't understand who is even complaining about this? If this goes on i'll personally go to blizz and ook kotick in the dooker.
    The devs themselves are complaining about it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

They're focusing on the important stuff, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not corporate saying to remove these things, its the devs themselves doing it because it "offends" them. The changes to wow have nothing to do with the lawsuits.

Most of the lawsuits are actually about pay and promotion discrimination.
    Oh really? Do you have incite into the inner workings of Blizzard to show evidence for this?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    it's quite hilarious how hard you are trying to do your mental gymnastics in here, trying to imply i'm complaning as an individual, i might as well go into uncle bob office and say how dare he change MY GAME...

but fine let's put this in a way you can't bs anymore

The game is not made for miros the individual aka me, the game is made for players/costumer you know everyone in here , so once again devs shouldn't change and affect the costumer because of their sensibilities

Boy you are adorable thinking something great will come out of all this overcorrection nonsense
    devs going away from pre stablish genres and attempting something new and deleting cleavage and 10 year old jokes from a game you are working on because it may or may not offend you" are completely different things, worlds apart
    Players/costumers don’t have a unified opinion which is why I don’t pretend I’m talking to them as a whole when I’m just talking to you. As to rather the devs just working for the costumers that’s how you get stuff like FIFA, most great game are dev passion projects where they aren’t afraid to make a game for them selfs and not try to chase costumer metrics.

As to rather I think something great will come of this, at most I don’t care at least I’m slightly miffed about some removals. Other then that though I’m all for the devs making changes they want instead of cow towing to whiny players or money metrics even if I don’t personally agree with every change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Most of the stuff being removed has been in since beta my dude.
    Yes and? Alex was a writer all the way back then as well he wasn’t some new addition he’s been there from the start just as the people covering for him were there from the start.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes and? Alex was a writer all the way back then as well he wasn’t some new addition he’s been there from the start just as the people covering for him were there from the start.
    Just delete the game. His imprint is too big, his impact is too big. The game is too tainted. Delete WoW for justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    C e n s o r e d
    love WoWarcraft

Oh really? Do you have incite into the inner workings of Blizzard to show evidence for this?
    It's all over blizzard devs twitters "we asked for these changes" and that blizz opened communication asking what the devs didn't like in the game.

It's the devs making these choices, not blizzard corporate.

Btw, the word is insight

It's all over blizzard devs twitters "we asked for these changes" and that blizz opened communication asking what the devs didn't like in the game.

Btw, the word is insight
    Devs: "These are the changes we wanted to make to help the game become more tolerant."

Players: "What the fuck are you going to do about broken rogues???????? NERF PLZ."

Btw, the word is insight
    Ah, awesome then. But of course these suggestions are only being listened to because of the lawsuits. But again, good on Blizzard for listening to its devs.

Some of those Pandaren ones are pretty on the nose, I could see why they'd want to revise there.
    So then it's not an unlikely thing that the other races are just being once-over'd for similarly bad flirts/jokes.

I'm just a bit saddened in a melancholic, nostalgic way when it comes to some from 2004 being ditched like the Tauren Male ones? Just not hearing the delivery of the VA spontaneously ingame ever again causes a little oof.

Then it's interesting that at least two of these being removed are more of the POV of a female with a demeaning angle towards males. Usually that's welcomed today, no? Like thigh crushing and poor skills in bed?

So at least it's going both ways, lol.

Didn't Alex write Sylvanas?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And isn't Sylvanas deleted?

Oh wait she's more integral to the story than ever before...............

FOR THE WOMEN!! FOR JUSTICE!!!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There was the blue post where they said they put together a in-house channel to talk about stuff and then some devs on Twitter confirmed it.

A few links in here. https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...on_twitter_to/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Just delete the game. His imprint is too big, his impact is too big. The game is too tainted. Delete WoW for justice.
    Or you know just take out some of the problematic stuff he wrote related to sexual things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Supposedly ya he was her main writer the whole time.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Ah, awesome then. But of course these suggestions are only being listened to because of the lawsuits. But again, good on Blizzard for listening to its devs.
    I'm still waiting for you to explain how this isn't an empty gesture and that the devs and Blizzard as a whole have changed to become more inclusive. Seriously, explain how a few subtractions to a game changes a person and a company?

We all have to realize that words hurt more than physical blows. l know it is hard to believe, but even knowing that these words are sometimes spoken in these forms by people who will never hear them still affects them. Leaving them screaming, confused, and in pain. The only cure is to remove these things, from all books, shows, video games, and any online chat methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh My Jesus looking at the Spreadsheet...

Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath. Your death will be no different.