Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think most of the anger comes from the fact that this company, who completely failed with shadowlands, and has no timeline of releasing any meaningful content in the near future.... is wasting time on these meaningless changes just to show how woke they are.

we go to fantasy worlds to escape from reality, not have to shoehorn in political correctness into a video game just because a few SJW's got offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did you really need to invoke Godwin's Law?
    In the context of talking about a character wanting to establish a societal order exclusively based on race, i don't really don't care whether you think that's invoking Godwin's law or not.

Disregarding that, feel free to replace Nazis with Fascists, Nazis just happen to be the first group i think about when thinking about Fascists.
    They removed a fucking Jim Carrey reference. Get over it.
    I haven't referenced that removal, neither did you.

But hey, thanks to that, there's likely now going to be a discussion whether a kids movie from 1994 was indeed transphobic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

Also I wonder if they've already retconned the Old Horde raping the draenei women of Shattrath and Alexstrasza during the Second War.
    They now have consensual sex with bowls of fruit. It is all good.

If any of these changes upset you, please. Search inwards and ask yourself whether you ever even stopped to think about what they were referencing in the first place. That's right -- you never gave a shit before they were in the game so please don't pretend like you're offended now that they're removed.
    By your own logic, they could've just left them in-game and nobody would have cared.

The issue is these devs going out of their way to dig through decade old files to 'fix' something that offends them.

It creates resentment because these are non-issues to the overwhelming majority of people.

None of the changes help people in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    None of the changes help people in the real world.
    Oh, is that the only excusable reason for changing things?

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In the context of talking about a character wanting to establish a societal order exclusively based on race, i don't really don't care whether you think that's invoking Godwin's law or not.

Disregarding that, feel free to replace Nazis with Fascists, Nazis just happen to be the first group i think about when thinking about Fascists.
    It's not nearly that dramatic. They aren't making these changes to spite anybody.

I haven't referenced that removal, neither did you.

But hey, thanks to that, there's likely now going to be a discussion whether a kids movie from 1994 was indeed transphobic or not.
    I mean, it's kind of a discussion we've already had as it's widely believed the movie pretty aptly represents how much society's view of transgender people over the course of the last two decades has changed.

People still respond to known contrarian?

Old: So I said, "Yeah, but that'll cost you extra."
    New: So I said, "You can't afford me."

Old: Five seconds. I'm not kidding!
    New: It's always over so quickly.

Old: He asked if the imp could join in--can you believe it? Actually, it wasn't half bad....
    New: I can't help but tell them I'm out of their league.

Old: They fall asleep after. Me, I fall asleep during....
    New: Is it too much to ask for a little excitement?

Old: I've been very, very naughty....
    New: Someone's been very naughty!

Old: Enough foreplay. Let's get down to business.
    New: Let's get down to business.

Old: It's a great assignment, yeah, but "all looking and no touching" gets old after a while.
    New: This really is a great assignment. Everyone is so stunning!

Old: I believe I was showing my motorcycle to some hot babes at the time.
    New: I believe I was showing my motorcycle to some fans of mine at the time.

Old: Go water my Huge Melons, further down the path!
    New: Go water my Melons, further down the path!

Old: Water my Huge Melons!
    New: Water my Melons!

Old: Yes! A song about the lore and all the lessons we can learn from it all. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?$b$bBut... we're still working on it. Chadrik seems easily distracted lately. Is there something on my tabard?
    New: Yes! A song about the lore and all the lessons we can learn from it all. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?$b$bBut... we're still working on it.

Old: Greetings, $r. I am the sworn protector of Watcher Megana. She has special gifts that I... uh, our leaders... greatly admire, and must be guarded closely.
    New: Greetings, $r. I am the sworn protector of Watcher Megana.
    The absolute state of these devs. I'm just so bemused at the utter pointlessness of it.

It's not nearly that dramatic. They aren't making these changes to spite anybody.
    And that doesn't change the fact how any reasonable person can be offended when the bad guy represents bad moral values and goes even further to put in the effort to remove these elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, it's a habit that i sometimes still reply, apologies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Shouldn't you be contributing to my Patreon?

- - - Updated - - -

And that doesn't change the fact how any reasonable person can be offended when the bad guy represents bad moral values and goes even further to put in the effort to remove these elements.
    Nobody needs to be offended for something to be changed or removed from the game. The fact that you can't parse this incredibly simple concept leads me to believe you're just upset for the sake of being upset.

Nobody needs to be offended for something to be changed or removed from the game. The fact that you can't parse this incredibly simple concept leads me to believe you're just upset for the sake of being upset.
    It's the classical double standard, you're not willing to discuss who gets offended by these elements existing or their motifs, but those that argue against their removal have to answer.

The people that set the ball in motion have to answer first and foremost (which are those that made these changes btw.), unless you are willing to acknowledge that, i'm not going to bother.

It's the classical double standard, you're not willing to discuss who gets offended by these elements existing or their motifs, but those that argue against their removal have to answer.

The people that set the ball in motion have to answer first and foremost (which are those that made these changes btw.), unless you are willing to acknowledge that, i'm not going to bother.
    Was Blizzard's official statement where they outlined exactly why these changes are happening not sufficient enough?

Was Blizzard's official statement where they outlined exactly why these changes are happening not sufficient enough?
    In the context of "villains must also abide by some moral standards"? Yes, absolutely.

After all, the concept of "i'll enslave everyone that's not of my race" is probably not a Blizzard value either and that's still in there.

In the context of "villains must also abide by some moral standards"? Yes, absolutely.

After all, the concept of "i'll enslave everyone that's not of my race" is probably not a Blizzard value either and that's still in there.
    If only there were a way for human beings to rationalize the difference between story changes and meaningless item name/dialogue changes in a video game... if only. We can't allow Blizzard's own developers to pick and choose what they feel is appropriate for the game. No, either none of it's okay or all of it's okay. There's no room for nuance in this discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    And what are you exactly contributing to this thread, beside being deliberately obtuse? So what if people are unhappy with blizz wasting time with useless removals instead of actually working on the game. In your own words: 'get over it'.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

If only there were a way for human beings to rationalize the difference between story changes and meaningless things in a video game
    Oh the irony.

15+ Year Old Account
    If only there were a way for human beings to rationalize the difference between story changes and meaningless item name/dialogue changes in a video game... if only. We can't allow Blizzard's own developers to pick and choose what they feel is appropriate for the game. No, either none of it's okay or all of it's okay. There's no room for nuance in this discussion.
    So what level of nuance are you exactly bringing to this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    So what level of nuance are you exactly bringing to this discussion?
    That it's pretty fucking stupid to be upset about any of these changes. And that most of the people upset about the changes aren't as upset about the changes themselves as they are with the fact that Blizzard changed something without asking them first.

Who has actually said that they're upset at not being consulted on these changes? Seems that people are just remarking on how dumb and pointless the changes are.

15+ Year Old Account
    That it's pretty fucking stupid to be upset about any of these changes. And that most of the people upset about the changes aren't as upset about the changes themselves as they are with the fact that Blizzard changed something without asking them first.
    It's pretty fucking stupid to be so extremely dense not to be able to grasp the fact that people don't like these changes because blizzard devs would rather waste time with nonsense changes immediately rather than actually create content for a game that desperately needs it.

But heeeyyyyyy, als long as only the devs are happy and the simps keep on simpin, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

Far more likely it really is what they say it is - a pet project by devs who want to remove things they personally dislike now that they have the reins, no matter how irrelevant and how pointless that change may be, like the most recent bit where they changed 'greenskin' to 'green hued'. God knows I can't see anyone not terminally online caring about an Ace Ventura reference of all fucking things.
    Wonder if there is an internal competition who can implement the most ridiculous change during this entire debacle.
    Error 404 - Signature not found