Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Do you have any evidence to the contrary besides a random youtuber you linked 100 pages ago?
    Evidence to the contrary of...what? I linked Taliesin's video because his opinion on the matter matched my own. It isn't "evidence" of anything other than the fact that I agree with some pompous British guy with a YT channel. My criticisms of your dismissive opinions, however, cannot be substantiated with a YT video. I suppose I could make one ("How NOT to argue against changes in a video game you don't like," like and subscribe and tell me what you think in the comments section below!); sadly, you're not worth the effort so you'll have to contend with responding to me here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post

but instead, all you seem to care about is those hypocrite SJW's. and not the actual shit they have had to deal with.
    Well of course i care, they ruin everything. Also what "they" had to go through is funny because you want to use it as an excuse why they should censor things and are using them as a political cudgel to be right. You don't care. You never did

Women also don't need to put up with sexual harassment at work. I've gotten several men at work fired, including a manager, for it. Did i try to impose my beliefs to get things at work censored? No, it's stupid to take out your frustrations on a piece of media and your customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Evidence to the contrary of...what? I linked Taliesin's video because his opinion on the matter matched my own. It isn't "evidence" of anything other than the fact that I agree with some pompous British guy with a YT channel. My criticisms of your dismissive opinions, however, cannot be substantiated with a YT video. I suppose I could make one ("How NOT to argue against changes in a video game you don't like," like and subscribe and tell me what you think in the comments section below!); sadly, you're not worth the effort so you'll have to contend with responding to me here.
    Well if you really don't know, you should stop calling people wrong then, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    I mean, that's one way in which that post misrepresented events.

Suggesting that you at best erroneously jumped to conclusions in several regards is not "denying your lived experience," and trying to use that as a "gotcha" is incredibly disingenuous.

You're the one who used it—and insincerely, at that—so...ask yourself.

How many times do I have to explain to the outrage brigade that I consider most of the dialogue changes irrelevant and silly, and cite "Master Baiter" as one that I actually found funny, before it sinks in with y'all?

Except you haven't used (or misused, as the case has often been) any of those words as anything but snarls. In fact: pretty much all you've done is lash out and try to "gotcha" people, much like you did here when you tried to redefine "buzzword" as "anything you consider such." And after accusing me of doing the same, no less...oops.

Care to offer proof of "dehumanization" as opposed to opposition, then? And what, exactly, are you under the impression that "alt-right" and "incel" and (especially) "chud" mean?
    To be honest, the way you come off I've been specifically ignoring reading your posts, double think like calling out Video games for using woke, while you yourself use outrage brigade for instance is why I have disregarded your arguments as subpar and not worth wasting time reading.

You also find master baiter funny, how is that relevant? You are not the arbiter of what should and shouldn't be allowed in humor, you telling me you think this joke is good, other jokes not so much. That does 0 for your argument because if you go to the individual level you can find a person that finds every single line removed funny, you can also find a person that finds every line offensive.

I already gave my qualification for what I think is worthy of removal, any named location item or NPC glorifying any person found guilty in the lawsuit. Or put the NPC in prison and make them clean the latrines if you want to give the workers some outlet for their rightful rage.

okay, I'm not sure how many times people have to point out to you that two things can be happening at once, and mutual exclusivity does not apply to everything. just because a you take offense to a crass joke doesn't mean you're like, against the idea of women having sexual freedom, or literally whatever the hell you seem to think is "sex positive". those two positions can exist at the same time, and more importantly be consistent positions, not contradictory.
    Well, imagine that. Again: I found the "Master Baiter" thing funny (and would have preferred that it be downplayed rather than removed), a lot of the changes seemed weird and irrelevant to me, and maintain that this needs not to be a substitute for actually addressing the ethics scandal. Still: the mass hissy fit is—again—alternately tedious and entertaining.

and there you go again! all you really care about is screaming about the SJW's and literally nothing else. if you actually, truly realized that these changes are insignificant and have not and will not change the company for the better, then the next word's to come out of your mouth better sound similar to: "these employees need to unionize and fight for change across the games industry."

but instead, all you seem to care about is those hypocrite SJW's. and not the actual shit they have had to deal with.
    To be honest: it seems like a lot of people in this discussion need to feel attacked by some "pronouns and dyed hair" caricature, and to fancy that everyone who disagrees with them is some sort of puritan. And I've also got my suspicions as to why; but I'm not gonna go there.

Well of course i care, they ruin everything.
    "not a reactionary" "don't you dare call me a reactionary"

Also what "they" had to go through is funny because you want to use it as an excuse why they should censor things and are using them as a political cudgel to be right. You don't care. You never did
    you can't just ignore 60% of my post and then just lie about what I have said. I'll repeat myself:

"if you actually, truly realized that these changes are insignificant and have not and will not change the company for the better, then the next word's to come out of your mouth better sound similar to: "these employees need to unionize and fight for change across the games industry.""

Women also don't need to put up with sexual harassment at work. I've gotten several men at work fired, including a manager, for it. Did i try to impose my beliefs to get things at work censored? No, it's stupid to take out your frustrations on a piece of media and your customers.
    this shit was still going until the lawsuit came out in public, and it still probably is! so why then, is the focus not on actually changing things at Activision-Blizzard? it's really telling how you're more upset over paintings of busty women being removed than the actual horror stories about the work place harassment at that company. again, all you seem to care about is how this personally affects you, I am being far too generous in giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming it's not that vacuous and selfish. prove me right.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-13 at 11:35 PM.

Well of course i care, they ruin everything. Also what "they" had to go through is funny because you want to use it as an excuse why they should censor things and are using them as a political cudgel to be right. You don't care. You never did

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you really don't know, you should stop calling people wrong then, yeah?
    If you can't articulate your own argument against what I'm suggesting why are you bothering to respond in the first place? I don't need evidence to support an opinion. You're just being ridiculous now.

15+ Year Old Account
    "not a reactionary" "don't you dare call me a reactionary"
    It's true, i am not a reactionary as i'm not opposed to liberalization, sjws are though, ironically.

It's true, i am not a reactionary as i'm not opposed to liberalization, sjws are though, ironically.
    agree to disagree then. because all the vibes you put out scream knee jerk reactionary whose understanding of sex is "BOOBA" meme's

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you can't articulate your own argument against what I'm suggesting why are you bothering to respond in the first place? I don't need evidence to support an opinion. You're just being ridiculous now.
    You: it's not political because a youtuber said it isn't
    Me: well it might be considering the people that work there
    You: you're wrong, it's not
    Me: well i might not be wrong, do you have anything to prove you're correct?
    You: i dont know, stop being ridiculous

?

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    To be honest, the way you come off I've been specifically ignoring reading your posts, double think like calling out Video games for using woke, while you yourself use outrage brigade for instance is why I have disregarded your arguments as subpar and not worth wasting time reading.
    By any rational standard which would deem my arguments "subpar and not worth reading," yours are nonexistent and a waste of bandwidth.

Right off the bat? Tell me you don't know what "doublethink" means without saying it outright. "Woke" was a term which meant something quite different before being weaponized into a snarl word, while "outrage brigade" means "the participants in mass outrage." They are not synonymous.

You also find master baiter funny, how is that relevant? You are not the arbiter of what should and shouldn't be allowed in humor, you telling me you think this joke is good, other jokes not so much. That does 0 for your argument because if you go to the individual level you can find a person that finds every single line removed funny, you can also find a person that finds every line offensive.
    You're putting words in my keyboard. This was never about anyone finding the removed lines "offensive." All of the "offense" in this discussion has been from the people railing against the removal of the lines (to say nothing of lashing out at anyone who dares say that it's not worth making a federal case out of it).

And speaking of fancying oneself the arbiter of what goes or doesn't in the game?

I already gave my qualification for what I think is worthy of removal, any named location item or NPC glorifying any person found guilty in the lawsuit. Or put the NPC in prison and make them clean the latrines if you want to give the workers some outlet for their rightful rage.
    No one asked you.

agree to disagree then. because all the vibes you put out scream knee jerk reactionary whose understanding of sex is "BOOBA" meme's
    The funny part is that she's all in a snit on the grounds that I called her a reactionary...except I didn't.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-13 at 11:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be confused on what a reactionary is, here is the definition:

(of a person or a set of views) opposing political or social liberalization or reform.

As i'm fine with paintings of women in dresses because women should be able to wear whatever they want, feminists do not. That makes them reactionaries, not me

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post

The funny part is that she's all in a snit on the grounds that I called her a reactionary...except I didn't.
    mmmeh, probably because I did, and I'll do it again.

"I have nothing"

I know boo
    No, you're just pretty unpleasant and thus not worth me interacting with. Take care of yourself. T'ra.

Im offended by everything

inb4 they remove Zarya because shooting at her is somehow transphobic..

inb4 they remove doomfist for same reason of racism

inb4 they make Tracer's ass even smaller.

inb4 they reveal that winston is gay just like s76 to make me feel better

My Ult in overwatch should be me hugging my opponent... cause anything otherwise would be promoting acts of violence towards said demographic and be offensive.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2021-10-13 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post

inb4 they remove Zarya because shooting at her is somehow transphobic..
    she's not even trans dude.... holy shit none of you have seen a masculine woman and it shows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    No, you're just pretty unpleasant and thus not worth me interacting with. Take care of yourself. T'ra.
    #girlboss

she's not even trans dude.... holy shit none of you have seen a masculine woman and it shows.
    i never at all said she WAS trans... learn to read...lmao.. you havent graduated 2nd grade...

and it shows. ok bye bye now

You: it's not political because a youtuber said it isn't
    Me: well it might be considering the people that work there
    You: you're wrong, it's not
    Me: well i might not be wrong, do you have anything to prove you're correct?
    You: i dont know, stop being ridiculous

?
    Well you failed at step one because that's not my fucking opinion. I said it's not political because it's factually not political given Blizzard's own statement and the corroborated statements from Blizzard developers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    i never at all said she WAS trans... learn to read...lmao.. you havent graduated 2nd grade...

and it shows. ok bye bye now
    ???? so you assume the people saying it's transphobic don't know she's a cis woman? i-is that the point you're making?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see, you're having a bit of a.... breakdown.

mmmeh, probably because I did, and I'll do it again.
    Hell, all I said was that she was contributing to a trend that was started by reactionaries.

To explain it: "feminist" essentially just means an Uppity Female™. However: there's been a trend, for the last few decades, of using it as shorthand for "those mean bitches out to oppress men and—worse yet—spoil your fun." (Which was deliberately formulated by reactionaries to portray Uppity Females™ as mean bitches out to spoil your fun; but I digress.)

Anyway: all I did was comment on how "feminist" was yet another word (like "woke") that had been butchered into little more than a stereotype threat (accompanied with a little exasperated hairy-eyeball emoji). And she freaked.

#girlboss
    Oh, the irony.

Oh I see, you're having a bit of a.... breakdown.
    I mean...the entire freak-out over the removed lines has basically been a protracted mass breakdown.