Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    We've been over how "I know you are, but what am I?" isn't an argument many a time. And yet: you keep falling back on it.
    Pretty hard to discuss anything with a lefty that is an open hypocrite using rules for thee but not for me. All of you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Actually, they're doing this because they were victims of fucking sexual abuse. But you're too busy pretending you know better than the actual fucking people making the changes to address this so I guess we should just let you continue living in your negativity echo chamber where anybody who dares question the articulation of your thinly veiled bigotry as "morality preaching." Whatever helps you sleep.
    You reaching a little bit, i think your arm landed on the moon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    If you want to go off like that you are better off quoting some of the other people. I am not trying to claim anything like that, my stance is only that changing things this small that have no relation to the harassment that was occurring has some concerning implications for future expansions/changes to me.
    Oh, so you have insider knowledge and know, without doubt, that the changes aren't related to the harassment accusations? That's awesome! I'm glad you work at Blizzard and post here in your off time. Have you considered DMing a Mod so you can get a Blizzard logo next to your name? This thread has been majorly lacking in any actual authoritative opinion so I appreciate your guided input.

Oh, so you have insider knowledge and know, without doubt, that the changes aren't related to the harassment accusations? That's awesome! I'm glad you work at Blizzard and post here in your off time. Have you considered DMing a Mod so you can get a Blizzard logo next to your name? This thread has been majorly lacking in any actual authoritative opinion so I appreciate your guided input.
    Lmao. You realized this is you right now with your weird ass rants?

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    You reaching a little bit, i think your arm landed on the moon lol.
    I don't think I am. Dude went off on a self-certain tirade about the "real reasons" the changes are occurring as if his cynical viewpoint is the only reasonable possibility. Off-the-charts levels of arrogance which represents a complete lack of empathy for the actual human beings embroiled in the situation at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to tell me, that "Master Baiter" was used for sexual harassment? A joke that has been made plenty of times before by literal teenagers, was involved in the sexual harassment? You can make an argument for -some- of the changes, but to sit there and pretend that they are -all- involved in it is...naïve at best.

Actually, they're doing this because they were victims of fucking sexual abuse. But you're too busy pretending you know better than the actual fucking people making the changes to address this so I guess we should just let you continue living in your negativity echo chamber where anybody who dares question the articulation of your thinly veiled bigotry as "morality preaching." Whatever helps you sleep.
    I'm sorry, what? Did I tell release the people accused of sexual misconduct? Get Afrasiabi back in? I don't need to tell you I hate those people and hope they get their dues in court. Saying they are stupid changes doesn't mean I support their harassment. I disagree with their frankly fucking junevile approach to changing the game as they see fit, now that they have the reins. They're emotes and jokes in a game. They're sheltered, easily offended people who have no business at being devs at a game if their favourite pastime is digging through the game finding things that *might* offend people.

And just previous page I posted this;

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Sadly, that is the morality preachers' signature move. If you don't 100% agree with them you're their enemy and must be crucified. Pretty middle age morality if you ask me, but I think they're too blind to see the irony.
    Nice strawmanning something I said so you can feel better feeling like you are helping those in need of defending. I hope you have a shining armour somewhere in your house. These changes literally saved lives, you know, so you have a lot of right to get this upset and call me a bigot. And you should return to your positivity echo chamber, seeing you linked Taliesin before in one of the pages. Oh no, don't. Didn't that guy literally lost his shit in one of his streams and hurled vile insults at one of his viewers as I remember. I'm not surprised at those that preach morality have sneaky vile personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Very true, so in that case have the backbone to walk away from a company that treats you poorly.
    like you did when you (correctly) got those people fired for sexual harassment? see, I don't want to insinuate that you're just a selfish person but you really leave me no choice when you say this and then act another way when the EXACT same sort of situation involves you. made even more obvious by you continuing to undermine the ONLY solution that has been put forth in this conversation.

But you're too busy pretending you know better than the actual fucking people making the changes to address this so I guess we should just let you continue living in your negativity echo chamber where anybody who dares question the articulation of your thinly veiled bigotry as "morality preaching."
    Oh, I'm not sure it's pretense. You see: it's clear that they've got the individuals in question neatly pigeonholed into some caricature; that tends to go hand-in-hand with viewing them as inherently inferior. As such: I wouldn't be surprised if they're genuinely operating under the illusion that they could do better.

I don't think I am. Dude went off on a self-certain tirade about the "real reasons" the changes are occurring as if his cynical viewpoint is the only reasonable possibility. Off-the-charts levels of arrogance which represents a complete lack of empathy for the actual human beings embroiled in the situation at Blizzard.
    Oh what a treat, I saw this. I am a woman, so that might make you consider about how I feel about these changes.. if you even have a shred of honesty to your arguments. Or you can go on saying I have "internalized misogyny" or whatever, I'm waiting.

Those who even slightly disagree with the devs agree with sexual misconduct. Mh-hm. Anything more to add so you can feel you are on a moral high ground just to attack me?

I'm sorry, what? Did I tell release the people accused of sexual misconduct? Get Afrasiabi back in? I don't need to tell you I hate those people and hope they get their dues in court. Saying they are stupid changes doesn't mean I support their harassment. I disagree with their frankly fucking junevile approach to changing the game as they see fit, now that they have the reins. They're emotes and jokes in a game. They're sheltered, easily offended people who have no business at being devs at a game if their favourite pastime is digging through the game finding things that *might* offend people.

And just previous page I posted this;

Nice strawmanning something I said so you can feel better feeling like you are helping those in need of defending. I hope you have a shining armour somewhere in your house. These changes literally saved lives, you know, so you have a lot of right to get this upset and call me a bigot. And you should return to your positivity echo chamber, seeing you linked Taliesin before in one of the pages. Oh no, don't. Didn't that guy literally lost his shit in one of his streams and hurled vile insults at one of his viewers as I remember. I'm not surprised at those that preach morality have sneaky vile personalities.
    Taliesin flamed Bellular for being a dogshit content creator. If I'm being honest, he didn't flame him hard enough because that bald piece of shit still has a YouTube channel. That guy has done more harm for the WoW community than I ever could from the comfort of my arm chair developer morality throne.

But really, I kind of feel bad for you. You're so deeply entrenched in the WoW negativity echo chamber that you see anybody who's opinion isn't lockstep with anybody who immediately views any change Blizzard makes in the most pointlessly cynical light possible. Battle lines are drawn -- it's you versus the "toxic positivity," in WoW. The people who, for some fucking reason, enjoy a video game and post about it online. The nerve! I hope one day the circlejerk begins to move back the opposite direction but until that time I'll continue enjoy how upset people seem to get when anybody expresses an opinion that isn't "Blizzard sucks."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh what a treat, I saw this. I am a woman, so that might make you consider about how I feel about these changes.. if you even have a shred of honesty to your arguments. Or you can go on saying I have "internalized misogyny" or whatever, I'm waiting.

Those who even slightly disagree with the devs agree with sexual misconduct. Mh-hm. Anything more to add so you can feel you are on a moral high ground just to attack me?
    I'm sorry for assuming your gender. Though "dude" I think is pretty inclusive... hang on.

...one second.

...still there?

Okay, my Blizzard handler just told me I'm cool. I live to crusade another day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    like you did when you (correctly) got those people fired for sexual harassment? see, I don't want to insinuate that you're just a selfish person but you really leave me no choice when you say this and then act another way when the EXACT same sort of situation involves you. made even more obvious by you continuing to undermine the ONLY solution that has been put forth in this conversation.
    I would have quit had i not got them fired, yes. I dont know why you keep calling me selfish for understanding reality isnt sunshine and rainbows and sometimes you don't get your way.

Taliesin flamed Bellular for being a dogshit content creator. If I'm being honest, he didn't flame him hard enough because that bald piece of shit still has a YouTube channel. You're so deeply entrenched in the WoW negativity echo chamber that you see anybody who's opinion isn't lockstep with anybody who immediately views any change Blizzard makes in the most pointlessly cynical light possible. Battle lines are drawn -- it's you versus the "toxic positivity," in WoW. The people who, for some fucking reason, enjoy a video game and post about it online. The nerve! I hope one day the circlejerk begins to move back the opposite direction but until that time I'll continue enjoy how upset people seem to get when anybody expresses an opinion that isn't "Blizzard sucks."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry for assuming your gender. Though "dude" I think is pretty inclusive... hang on.

...one second.

...still there?

Okay, my Blizzard handler just told me I'm cool. I live to crusade another day!
    Oooohoo, here are the insults. Just because the said person isn't on these forums, this gives you the right to use derogatary insults for a WoW content creator? It seems it is you who is getting overly worked up about those daring to criticize your favourite game, not the other way around bud. You might want to take a breather. Bellular with his 600k subs isn't going anywhere.

And "dude" is inclusive, but you used "his". Using wrong pronouns is very insulting, you know, if any Blizzard dev got the same treatment, once, even by mistake, they might have an aneurysm so I feel like I'm right at being offended. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    This might shock you but people can still enjoy the game and think these changes are stupid. Like myself. I still love WoW and these changes aren't going to make me quit but do I think they're stupid as fuck and concern me for future. Definitely.

Is it really a bad thing that Blizzard may never again attain the knee-slapping hilarity which is ::checks notes:: a quest named "Polishing the Helm"?

- - - Updated - - -

Oooohoo, here are the insults. Just because the said person isn't on these forums, this gives you the right to use derogatary insults for a WoW content creator? It seems it is you who is getting overly worked up about those daring to criticize your favourite game, not the other way around bud. You might want to take a breather. Bellular with his 600k subs isn't going anywhere.
    I'd be fine with his videos if they weren't a direct contradiction of the content he was making in BfA when the game was arguably in a worse state. He used to defend Blizzard and often got derided on this forum for being a shill. (I even routinely defended his videos.) Then he realized the YouTube algorithm loves the shit out of negativity and suddenly every single video he made was criticizing the game. I won't hate the man for the hustle but when his pandering to the lowest common denominator is so blatantly obvious you have to take away a few points.

And "dude" is inclusive, but you used "his". Using wrong pronouns is very insulting, you know, if any Blizzard dev got the same treatment, once, even by mistake, they might have an aneurysm so I feel like I'm right at being offended. /s
    Rats, you caught me. I won't be invited to Bobby's yacht club for at least another three months. : (

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I would have quit had i not got them fired, yes. I dont know why you keep calling me selfish for understanding reality isnt sunshine and rainbows and sometimes you don't get your way.
    okay, and then those people would still be working at that company, abusing other's. that's the problem with "just walk away" argument. yeah, sure, YOU get out of it, but the problem has still not been addressed. it's still there, it's still happening, and now with tacit endorsement from management.

having "a spine" is doing what you did. which is stand your ground and wouldn't let that shit fly. running away, as you're suggesting, is not.

But really, I kind of feel bad for you. You're so deeply entrenched in the WoW negativity echo chamber that you see anybody who's opinion isn't lockstep with anybody who immediately views any change Blizzard makes in the most pointlessly cynical light possible. Battle lines are drawn -- it's you versus the "toxic positivity," in WoW. The people who, for some fucking reason, enjoy a video game and post about it online. The nerve! I hope one day the circlejerk begins to move back the opposite direction but until that time I'll continue enjoy how upset people seem to get when anybody expresses an opinion that isn't "Blizzard sucks."
    Hell, "Blizzard sucks" is acceptable under certain circumstances. They've apparently had hostile-work-environment issues; they apparently hired union-busters; and they've apparently just generally had shady customers working for them. But if your "Blizzard sucks" threshold is "they took out some raunchy humor and so on; therefore [insert rant about pronouns, hair dye, and how personally attacked you feel]," that's not rational.

And, that said? There's a significant difference between accidentally misgendering someone and doing so deliberately. The first is an error; the second is being a jerk at best.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-14 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Hell, "Blizzard sucks" is acceptable under certain circumstances. They've apparently had hostile-work-environment issues; they apparently hired union-busters; and they've apparently just generally had shady customers working for them. But if your "Blizzard sucks" threshold is "they took out a fap joke, therefore [insert rant about pronouns, hair dye, and how personally attacked you feel]," that's not rational.
    Ironically, I feel like that's a part of Blizzard which is actively being corrected by these changes. This tweet from a dev pretty well sums up the vapid hostility in this thread:

Oh you also edited your post. I don't give two shits if you feel bad for me. Hell, I also feel bad for the "Blizzard Defense Brigade". It never gets tiring apparently, so I hope Blizzard is offering something to people like you for defending Blizzard's honour 24/7. To you, everyone who cricitizes any changes in this game is obviously foaming at the mount, "outraged" as hell, and probably bigots as well for good measure. Be sure to change your pulpits every so often, get higher ones in fact. I'm sure it'll make you feel better when you inevitably pull the "If you don't agree with the devs you support their harassment and have no empathy!!!" card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    okay, and then those people would still be working at that company, abusing other's. that's the problem with "just walk away" argument. yeah, sure, YOU get out of it, but the problem has still not been addressed. it's still there, it's still happening, and now with tacit endorsement from management.

having "a spine" is doing what you did. which is stand your ground and wouldn't let that shit fly. running away, as you're suggesting, is not.
    Which is why i said to stand your ground in the first place, but I'm not naive enough to think it work for everybody. Sometimes you just have to walk away. The world ain't pretty sometimes

Oh you also edited your post. I don't give two shits if you feel bad for me. Hell, I also feel bad for the "Blizzard Defense Brigade". It never gets tiring apparently, so I hope Blizzard is offering something to people like you for defending Blizzard's honour 24/7. To you, everyone who cricitizes any changes in this game is obviously foaming at the mount, "outraged" as hell, and probably bigots as well for good measure. Be sure to change your pulpits every so often, get higher ones in fact. I'm sure it'll make you feel better when you inevitably pull the "If you don't agree with the devs you support their harassment and have no empathy!!!" card.
    It's pretty sad that the "Blizzard Defense Brigade" isn't even made up of people who necessarily defend everything Blizzard does. I have plenty of criticisms of the current game and I freely admit that it's in a pretty dire state at the moment. My MO isn't to mindlessly defend Blizzard at all costs, it's mostly a moral conviction I have against obvious negativity circlejerking. It sucks when the state of the game is so bad that you can't even talk about ways to improve it because the conversation is inevitably drowned out by people who are seeking petty validation of their unsavory opinions.

Oh well, c'est la vie.