Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ...
9
49
57
58
59
60
61
69
... LastLast
  1. #1161
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Which is why i said to stand your ground in the first place, but I'm not naive enough to think it work for everybody. Sometimes you just have to walk away. The world ain't pretty sometimes
    this doesn't answer the question of what to do about fixing Acti-Blizz.

  2. #1162
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

    I'd be fine with his videos if they weren't a direct contradiction of the content he was making in BfA when the game was arguably in a worse state. He used to defend Blizzard and often got derided on this forum for being a shill. (I even routinely defended his videos.) Then he realized the YouTube algorithm loves the shit out of negativity and suddenly every single video he made was criticizing the game. I won't hate the man for the hustle but when his pandering to the lowest common denominator is so blatantly obvious you have to take away a few points.

    (
    I don't care. Apparently you can call out other people for being interested in money for creating content that they also agree with, and thought of in depth. But when you say the recent changes are also company appeasement for the morality preachers because that shit makes money these days it is suddenly bullshit, like they're both mutually exclusive. Anyways, you'd never agree because you hate the guy (ergo, "he's not one of you"), you never watch his podcasts. He makes a compelling case for his every opinion and guess what, a lot of people agree with him. But you'd disregard them because they're all "haters" right? Or sheep, the dude is probably mind controlling them (lol) and his viewers are incapable of picking apart his arguments and agree or disagree accordingly. Because, at the end of the day, if people disagree with any content on Youtube or they simply don't like it, they downvote it to hell (*cough* Just like Blizzard's latest horsheshit cinematics *cough*). Honestly, I'm a lot more happy for the guy now that I know he's upsetting the blizzard knights this much. I hope he'll be one of the guys who contributes to FFXIV Endwalker's success when it comes out.

  3. #1163
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    I don't care. Apparently you can call out other people for being interested in money for creating content that they also agree with, and thought of in depth. But when you say the recent changes are also company appeasement for the morality preachers because that shit makes money these days it is suddenly bullshit, like they're both mutually exclusive. Anyways, you'd never agree because you hate the guy (ergo, "he's not one of you"), you never watch his podcasts. He makes a compelling case for his every opinion and guess what, a lot of people agree with him. But you'd disregard them because they're all "haters" right? Or sheep, the dude is probably mind controlling them (lol) and his viewers are incapable of picking apart his arguments and agree or disagree accordingly. Because, at the end of the day, if people disagree with any content or Youtube or they simply don't like it, they downvote it to hell (*cough* Just like Blizzard's latest horsheshit cinematics *cough*). Honestly, I'm a lot more happy for the guy now that I know he's upsetting the blizzard knights this much. I hope he'll be one of the guys who contributes to FFXIV Endwalker's success when it comes out.
    Dude barely plays the game and uses third party websites with questionably valid numbers to draw "evidence based" opinions on WoW. This kind of shit is bad for the community. Not because it's negative, but because it's wrong. I'd have no problem with him making well-reasoned videos but the guy sold himself out to the algorithm. Again, I won't hate the hustle but it's absolutely hilarious you that you can use his BfA era videos' talking points to defeat the arguments he makes himself in the more recent videos. The guy can ride off into the sunset in a Lambo if it suits him but his videos seem to stoke a very disingenuous brand of cynicism which reverberates throughout the community.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  4. #1164
    Dreadlord Rageadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Free state of China
    Posts
    775
    Blizz workers cant behave, their logical solution is to punish the playerbase? Wow...

  5. #1165
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude barely plays the game and uses third party websites with questionably valid numbers to draw "evidence based" opinions on WoW. This kind of shit is bad for the community. Not because it's negative, but because it's wrong. I'd have no problem with him making well-reasoned videos but the guy sold himself out to the algorithm. Again, I won't hate the hustle but it's absolutely hilarious you that you can use his BfA era videos' talking points to defeat the arguments he makes himself in the more recent videos. The guy can ride off into the sunset in a Lambo if it suits him but his videos seem to stoke a very disingenuous brand of cynicism which reverberates throughout the community.
    Don't tell me the "numbers are bullshit" argument again. I have been a lurker for a while, I know those discussions. Those numbers say enough of what you need to know. If there are that kind of huge drops between content patches, something is very wrong. It means your audience that bought the expansion many months ago didn't come back. We can infer all we need from the data available to us. It's those who see the blatant drop and don't put any value on them because they're not from an "official source" are delusional.

    And he does the play the game. At first he was slow, he was a very busy person, as sometimes a person can be. He recently finished ARR and said that he changed his scheduling around so he can play more from now on, since he managed to wrap up the grindy part of the base game. Anyone who attacks him for "not playing" enough are looking for reasons to devalue his opinions. Which, doesn't matter anyway, since his partner Matt often led those FFXIV based comparison discussions painting FF in a positive light since he did in fact play the game a lot. Two friends on a discussion podcast, doing content about the state of the MMOs and what a game lacks, what they enjoy, is not such a groundbreaking thing is it? But I really got that you have a negative bias (a very strong one at that) against the guy so why do I bother, keep hating him I guess.

  6. #1166
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Don't tell me the "numbers are bullshit" argument again. I have been a lurker for a while, I know those discussions. Those numbers say enough of what you need to know. If there are that kind of huge drops between content patches, something is very wrong. It means your audience that bought the expansion many months ago didn't come back. We can infer all we need from the data available to us. It's those who see the blatant drop and don't put any value on them because they're not from an "official source" are delusional.

    And he does the play the game. At first he was slow, he was a very busy person, as sometimes a person can be. He recently finished ARR and said that he changed his scheduling around so he can play more from now on, since he managed to wrap up the grindy part of the base game. Anyone who attacks him for "not playing" enough are looking for reasons to devalue his opinions. Which, doesn't matter anyway, since his partner Matt often led those FFXIV based comparison discussions painting FF in a positive light since he did in fact play the game a lot. Two friends on a discussion podcast, doing content about the state of the MMOs and what a game lacks, what they enjoy, is not such a groundbreaking thing is it? But I really got that you have a negative bias (a very strong one at that) against the guy so why do I bother, keep hating him I guess.
    Dude, your blind allegiance to your boy Bellular is worse than my "defense" of Blizzard. Chill out.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  7. #1167
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    He makes a compelling case for his every opinion and guess what, a lot of people agree with him. But you'd disregard them because they're all "haters" right? Or sheep, the dude is probably mind controlling them (lol) and his viewers are incapable of picking apart his arguments and agree or disagree accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude, your blind allegiance to your boy Bellular is worse than my "defense" of Blizzard. Chill out.
    Here we go with the ad hominems and proving my point again. Apparently, you being a fan of Talishill and linking his video agreeing with him is not fanboyism, but mine is blind allegiance even though I listen to their podcasts, hear their arguments and agree with them. Apparently to you I also lack a brain, care to suggest that?

    Just because I follow various content creators and one of them happens to be Bellular doesn't make him "my boy". WTF. Patronizing as fuck.

  8. #1168
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Ironically, I feel like that's a part of Blizzard which is actively being corrected by these changes. This tweet from a dev pretty well sums up the vapid hostility in this thread:

    This is the same crap I've seen many a time before in this fanbase. Something gets changed, a certain vocal segment of the playerbase takes it as a personal attack, and everyone who disagrees with them is at very least accused of being a shill.

    And then: there's the delightful "everyone with a complaint I don't share is a crybaby" card. But while there's been cross-pollination here—creating the bizarre "everyone who doesn't share my complaint is a crybaby and probably complicit" narrative—that's its own can of worms.

    ETA: Got on the PTR. The /fart emote is back (although it uses the same text whether or not you have a creature or character targeted); /burp and /spit have similarly been reinstated, but only work if you don't have a target.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-14 at 04:18 AM.

  9. #1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    ETA: Got on the PTR. The /fart emote is back (although it uses the same text whether or not you have a creature or character targeted); /burp and /spit have similarly been reinstated, but only work if you don't have a target.
    I believe this was the stated intention for the changes, was it not?
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  10. #1170
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I believe this was the stated intention for the changes, was it not?
    I'd heard that they'd been removed altogether. Good to see that's not the case. Now, if only we can get some new fart jokes to replace the removed ones.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-14 at 04:29 AM.

  11. #1171
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    I'd say don't bother with these people. Taking a page off their book, the "defense brigade" outs itself at moments like this, coming to the defense of their precious defenseless friend/damsel Blizzard when they feel it's criticized, by their own metric, far more than necessary. Then throw (yeah exactly) buzzwords that other people are "outraged" and that if they cared about the game for these emotes they might be better off not playing at all (a laughable strawman, but go ahead or whatever). While in reality I'm more mildly annoyed and find it amusing that the whole company is now run by these morality preachers while their game is sinking lower and lower at an alarming pace. But yeah, anyone who comments here and makes their annoyance known is "outraged" or whatever, we're foaming at the mouth madly mashing our keyboards. Lol.

    I find it more hilarous that these people are "QQ'ing" about those "QQ'ing", to use a fitting term. So what, disappointed that this forum isn't one of your positivity echo chambers? You can go to Taliesin or some niche WoW forum made for that (oooh there's also /r wowcirclejerk, I forgot) and gorge on positivity all to your heart's content. People who have played this game for the better part of their existence have a right to speak out on topics and the direction Blizzard is taking to their heart's content. You want to censor that just like your favourite company is now censoring their game because a few devs have gotten the grasp of the reins thanks to the car crash that Activision Blizzard has become at the moment? You can try that I suppose, but get a mirror first lol. I and many others have been involved with Warcraft for two decades, you think I have a less right to speak out on this topic than the handful of devs who have been there for what, 3 or 4 years most likely? Fat chance of that happening.

    And if your stance is "they're devs they can do whatever lol" yeah, let's not speak out on issues in our government just because the current one is not the one we voted for . I'm not obligated to support the devs making these absurd changes just because their company has gone to shit. They don't get handed a "you're automatically right in doing whatever you want now" ticket because the company fucked up. Sorry.

    To summarize, their whole changes are subjective and pandering to the political correctness "brigade" no matter if they themselves pushed for it or not. Because that's why these people do things, to get pats on the back by their shared opinion circle and believe "they're changing the world for the better" because they cannot be known for making a quality game anymore now that there's no real talent left at the company. Contrast that to people singing praises of other MMOs at the moment (like *cough* FFXIV *cough*) and their goal is, basically, to be known as "friends to the humanity and arbiters of morality" by changing things in the game some people *might* find offensive. What an amazing accomplishment, *standing ovation* .

    My toughts exactly!

    10/10

  12. #1172
    Hurray for more censorship! Even more 1985 for people, yay!

  13. #1173
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,264
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    give my male clothies the same armor as the female clothies.

    #Equality
    My Bi ass still wants these sexy beasts



    Hey Blizzard get on this :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-14 at 10:45 AM.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

  14. #1174
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The day they introduce it is the day they don't give a fuck about what people think.

    As of now they still care about what their conservative player base thinks.

  15. #1175
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that without insider knowledge with how Blizzard develops the game it's hard (read: impossible) to say that this is taking anything away from the current development. The same number of people who were developing content for the game could still be developing content for the game, they could be redistributing people from different ongoing projects to work on these specific changes. (We also really don't know the total workload these changes amount to when compared to other work Blizzard would normally have done to the game.) It seems unfair to simply assume that this is "taking away" from anything when we have no idea how the company operates.

    - - - Updated - - -



    How dare artistic works reflect the artistic values of the artists themselves!

    Jesus man.
    So you do believe they can invent more time. Gotcha. Cause that’s the only way they can do this without it impacting something else, unless they hired more to do this (they didn’t). It’s ok, you can believe in magic, I just keep that for my D&D games.

  16. #1176
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    If you’ve got an issue with pronouns, wait till the verbs come your way.

  17. #1177
    Holy testicle tuesday!

    Finkle Einhorn is one of my favorite references in the game

    Ace Ventura ftw! The balcony scene is one of my favorite movie scenes, pure class.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  18. #1178
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Holy testicle tuesday!

    Finkle Einhorn is one of my favorite references in the game

    Ace Ventura ftw! The balcony scene is one of my favorite movie scenes, pure class.
    Relish it! We will probably never see that kind of movies made again :P

  19. #1179
    Captain Winky and Oralius Transphobic Jokes

    They recently changed the name of Finkle Einhorn, because it was a reference to a transphobic scene in Ace Ventura.

    And rightly so.

    If you find anything disgusting about a man kissing a woman with a penis, you are a bigot.

    But I think Blizzard overlooked something.

    There is a character called Oralius in the Burning Steppes, who references a friend "Captain Winky". Captain Winky is what Ace Ventura mentions upon discovering that the woman in the movie has a penis.

    ".... thats why Roger Padactor is dead, he found Captain Winky!"

    This is likely also a reference to that same transphobic scene. In addition to that, the character in the game seems to be imaginary therefore can not be seen. Remains hidden. Possibly like the penis of the woman in that movie.

    Also, the character's name "Oralius" could be a reference to oral sex.

    If you look up the wowhead entry, you'll find tons of comments making the same connection to the movie and that scene.

    wowhead (dot) com (slash) npc=48546 (slash) captain-winky
    Last edited by Happy Days; 2021-10-14 at 11:46 AM.

  20. #1180
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    They recently changed the name of Finkle Einhorn, because it was a reference to a transphobic scene in Ace Ventura.

    And rightly so.

    If you find anything disgusting about a man kissing a woman with a penis, you are a bigot.

    But I think Blizzard overlooked something.

    There is a character called Oralius in the Burning Steppes, who references a friend "Captain Winky". Captain Winky is what Ace Ventura mentions upon discovering that the woman in the movie has a penis.

    ".... thats why Roger Padactor is dead, he found Captain Winky!"

    This is likely also a reference to that same transphobic scene. In addition to that, the character in the game seems to be imaginary therefore can not be seen. Remains hidden. Possibly like the penis of the woman in that movie.

    Also, the character's name "Oralius" could be a reference to oral sex.

    If you look up the wowhead entry, you'll find tons of comments making the same connection to the movie and that scene.

    wowhead (dot) com (slash) npc=48546 (slash) captain-winky
    Pretty much this. The thing for many is that transphobia is normalised as ‘ewww, who would kiss that’. Which is childish. I identify as straight, but I wouldn’t be freaked out if anyone I knew was in a relationship with a trans man or trans woman, even though I find the idea of anal sex quite off putting. Which I later found out didn’t matter, because so do many in the LGBTQ community, so it wasn’t an indictment of anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •