Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ...
18
58
66
67
68
69
70
78
... LastLast
  1. #1341
    With the amount of useless changes being made to the game you can bet your ass this will have more implications for future story writing. And before Relapses goes on and on again about the Ace Ventura reference (which is literally the one thing no one seems to be focusing on but its the easiest thing for him to push on) I d just like to say that I m really sad to see the doomsayers of the past were right.
    Every tiny change in the past that people ignored saying "oh this doesnt mean anything for the future its just one small thing" has only gotten worse and worse. The next step after all these stupid changes is to essentially tremendously limit and confine all future story plots in this incredibly narrow puritan and PG13 view that literally cuts off most of the artistic freedom a game could have.
    You are literally not even allowed to make a story plot centered around race in the game anymore even if the villain is clearly depicted as wrong and terrible because it might offend people when they see orcs called "greenskins" by villains or racially prejudiced people in *gasp* a phantasy setting that is heavily inspired by medieval themes.
    I play games to escape from reality not to have American political agendas dictate the direction of the story or to have a bunch of new devs take already established work and change it according to their values and have the approval of some of the old people simply so that they can stay relevant in the business without being witchhunted on twitter like Quinton Flynn.
    This is literally like me taking over the studio of a lewd/hentai/sexual artist and then turning all his previous work PG13 (emphasis on previous, already existing work) because I hate it and I have different values.
    Which begs the question, why did I want to work there/take over the reins in the first place? Which is the same thing I m wondering about these devs. They clearly hated the game and the people behind it so I dont know why they wanted to work on it other than to use it as a platform to virtue signal and gain daily moral points on the internet to be able to go to sleep at night.

  2. #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    False premise. No one is "try[ing] to imagine" that dialogue which is a matter of public record "didn't happen."
    Way to miss the point. False premise? Based on what? A general statement that learning from mistakes we did in the past is important? Is that a "false premise"?

    To reply to something that isn't really spesific and then trying to pin it on something is pointless.

    Lets say that we delete and forget our mistakes and in a 1000 years some small guy with a weird mustache is trying to take over the world, but since the world forgot, no one sees the signs of whats happening and it happens again, and this time it works all the way.

    False premise? You know what you replied to? If we delete and forget that dialogue you refer to, how are people gonna learn from it in 500 years from now?

    The world is bigger than 2021.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    how is this thread still not locked?

    They locked the news post about renaming Finkle
    They locked the Finkle one because its already a thread on the whole situation.

    This thread. (and okay, maybe the other thread)
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-15 at 04:51 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  3. #1343
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Way to miss the point.
    Oh; we're going to play that game? Fine; you'd need to have had a valid point before I could "miss it."

    False premise? Based on what? A general statement that learning from mistakes we did in the past is important? Is that a "false premise"?
    I mean, your entire premise—and that of the person you were quoting; I wasn't really paying attention to who at the time, but it's someone with a history of invoking Godwin's Law when disagreed with—was that the changes were "erasing history."

    To reply to something that isn't really spesific and then trying to pin it on something is pointless.
    I mean, you did play the "erasing history" card.

    Lets say that we delete and forget our mistakes and in a 1000 years some small guy with a weird mustache is trying to take over the world, but since the world forgot, no one sees the signs of whats happening and it happens again, and this time it works all the way.
    False equivalence to go with your false premise. They're not trying to pretend that no changes have been made; in fact, they're being pretty public with it. The outrage over the changes is over the fact that they're being made at all—with the usual double standards concerning what is or isn't a "political statement," and a hell of a lot of scapegoating, in the mix—not over any evidence that they're trying to bury the original lines or whatever.

    If we want to reductively compare it to any real-world issue: the uproar over Confederate participation trophies would be more like it. That's not to say that fap jokes—or even the "no homo" casual bullshit which it made sense to remove; there, I said it—are comparable to the Civil War; it's to say that "we no longer want to be directly associated with this" is being spun as "we want everyone to forget this ever happened."

    False premise? You know what you replied to? If we delete and forget that dialogue you refer to, how are people gonna learn from it in 500 years from now?

    The world is bigger than 2021.
    Who the fuck is going to "forget" said lines just because they were removed or altered? Did you forget that, say, Horde paladins and Alliance shaman haven't always been a thing? Do goldfish play this game?

    - - - Updated - - -

    And another thing that needs to be said: the people making a federal case out of this, croaking "woak, woak" like a knot of outraged toads, and so on? Y'all tie yourself in knots to get offended over almost every "calm down, Francis" post, but go mysteriously silent in the face of the periodic tirades about "degeneracy" and pronouns that spring up in every fucking one of these threads. And while I wish that I could attribute that to the latter just being deemed profoundly stupid trolls who aren't worth it: y'all also call everyone who says the sky isn't falling a "stupid troll."
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-15 at 05:26 PM.

  4. #1344
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Oh; we're going to play that game? Fine; you'd need to have had a valid point before I could "miss it."

    I mean, your entire premise—and that of the person you were quoting; I wasn't really paying attention to who at the time
    You didn't get it because I wasn't doing what you think I did. Your entire premise of your post was based on that other poster it seems. My examples are just examples of what that sentence means since you were over thinking what I wrote.

    What I wrote is important. That's the point. Doesn't necessarily have to do something with whats going on with Blizzard and WoW. What the other poster wrote about this one spesific thing I quoted is valid. Learning from the past is important. It's a side discussion, sure, but you can apply it to anything.

    So no, I don't play that game. Continue doing so with whoever you argued with. You try to spin this one simple thing I wrote into something that isn't.

    THAT, is a game I don't play.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-15 at 08:06 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  5. #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You didn't get it because I wasn't doing what you think I did.
    Yes, you were. You're just trying to play coy now. It remains that you at very least co-signed that other user's claim that Blizzard is somehow "erasing history." So do you agree with the assertion that Blizzard is somehow "erasing history," then?

    Your entire premise of your post was based on that other poster it seems.
    Case in point. You were at very least co-signing that person's playing of the "erasing history" card. Again: are you claiming that Blizzard is somehow "erasing history," or not?

    My examples are just examples of what that sentence means since you were over thinking what I wrote.
    That reduces your example to a reductive invocation of Godwin's law.

    And, right; I'm "overthinking" the part where you played the "erasing history" card. Never mind that I was addressing the "erasing history" card.

    What I wrote is important.
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

    That's the point. Doesn't necessarily have to do something with whats going on with Blizzard and WoW.
    So you just stepped into the discussion to irrelevantly opinionate, just so happened to co-sign usage of the "erasing history" card while doing so, and everyone is supposed to just ignore all context. Gotcha. Once again: is Blizzard, according to you, "erasing history" or not?

    What the other poster wrote about this one spesific thing I quoted is valid. Learning from the past is important. It's a side discussion, sure, but you can apply it to anything.
    The "erasing history" card is never valid unless you have evidence of an attempted cover-up. Full stop. Are you claiming that there is a cover-up here?

    So no, I don't play that game. Continue doing so with whoever you argued with. You try to spin this one simple thing I wrote into something that isn't.

    THAT, is a game I don't play.
    In other words: you are trying to play that game, and are now trying to backpedal out of it by accusing me of "missing your point." I maintain that you have no valid point—and that if we take you at face valuem it's invalidated even further. Because if we take you at face value: again, all you did was step into the thread to irrelevantly opinionate, and then couldn't handle being told that you were wrong.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-15 at 08:34 PM.

  6. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    If that percentage is so low, then why do they always cater to them?
    Might have something to do with the lawsuit(s) and allegations against their corporate behavior? Some of the newer (or older) DEVs might see this as a time to get rid of certain things that the old (read: abusive and harassing) employees put into the game. I don't think that all of the things they got rid of needed to go, but honestly if it helps them internally move on from their past abusers and overall shit coworkers, more power to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    I use plenty of "logic" and "facts".
    You say that, but no one on this thread (myself included) has witnessed that yet. I can tell by the part of your reply that I cut out here that you probably love thinking you're edgy by repeating "cool" words like neo-censorship that you heard some talking head repeat on your echochamber-of-choice "news" network...

  7. #1347
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lets say that we delete and forget our mistakes and in a 1000 years some small guy with a weird mustache is trying to take over the world, but since the world forgot, no one sees the signs of whats happening and it happens again, and this time it works all the way.

    False premise? You know what you replied to? If we delete and forget that dialogue you refer to, how are people gonna learn from it in 500 years from now?
    Are you saying we should have let the Nazis run the 3rd Reich for 500 years just so we know what Nazis are like?

  8. #1348
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I don't think that all of the things they got rid of needed to go, but honestly if it helps them internally move on from their past abusers and overall shit coworkers, more power to them.
    Hell, I'm glad that they brought back /burp and /fart, and found things like "Master Baiter" (although I think it should always have been a title under Jiang Ziya's name) and "Big Love Rocket" funny. Even so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Are you saying we should have let the Nazis run the 3rd Reich for 500 years just so we know what Nazis are like?
    No, they weren't. They still also weren't making any valid points—no matter how volubly they insist that they totally were and anyone who disagrees just "missed" them—mind you; even so. And let's decline the invidation to the Godwin party, shall we?

  9. #1349
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Are you saying we should have let the Nazis run the 3rd Reich for 500 years just so we know what Nazis are like?
    How did you come to that conclusion?

    No, we know what nazis are like. Now. My point is exactly that, to know and be remembered of what happened in our history and learn from what happened so it doesn't happen again. It's just an example. You might think it's a silly example, but I had to keep it easy so the poster could understand what I meant.

    That's the only thing I meant with that quote too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    No, they weren't. They still also weren't making any valid points—no matter how volubly they insist that they totally were and anyone who disagrees just "missed" them—mind you; even so. And let's decline the invidation to the Godwin party, shall we?
    Not sure what your problem is with me saying that we should learn from our mistakes. Something which is important. But you disagreed. For some reason? Why don't you think that learning from our past is important? You seem so upset about this whole situation. Do you feel this whole blizzard thing is a personal thing for you? That's fine, but there is no need to be so aggressive on something that is important. In any way or form.

    My point did literally pass you. You turned it into something it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Because if we take you at face value: again, all you did was step into the thread to irrelevantly opinionate, and then couldn't handle being told that you were wrong.
    Wrong about what again? Like for real, what was I wrong about? To learn from our mistakes? You think that's not important? How can I be wrong about something as obvious as that?

    All I see is that you argue just to argue. My point was perfectly valid, and is something that people understand.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-15 at 09:31 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  10. #1350
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You might think it's a silly example, but I had to keep it easy so the poster could understand what I meant.
    Stop trying to spin a blatant attempt to backpedal out of an unsupportable position on your part as incomprehension on mine. It's both disingenuous as hell and completely unconvincing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Not sure what your problem is with me saying that we should learn from our mistakes.
    Something which is important.
    Aside from insinuating that absolutely anyone—be that on the forum or at Blizzard—is actually arguing against that, you mean?

    But you disagreed. For some reason?
    The hell I disagreed that it's important to learn from mistakes; but thanks for admitting that you're in no position to accuse others of "missing the point."

    Why don't you think that learning from our past is important?
    Loaded question; and "learning from the past" is irrelevant to the discussion.

    You seem so upset about this whole situation.
    Oh, would you feel like you'd somehow "won" if I were? Actually: I just find people who try to backpedal out of unsupportable positions by accusing me of incomprehension exasperating. Especially when either their idea of explaining the totally different valid point they were trying to make is just a repetition of the same invalid one, or they just move the goalposts.

    Do you feel this whole blizzard thing is a personal thing for you?
    No; I just find it incredibly dumb that so many people are trying to justify catastrophizing over it by trying to spin it as something that it's not, and then lashing out if anyone dares say "calm down, Francis."

    That's fine, but there is no need to be so aggressive on something that is important. In any way or form.
    Nice tone argument. It remains that the importance of learning from the past is irrelevant to the discussion.

    My point did literally pass you. You turned it into something it's not.
    I'm sure repeating that over and over again soothes your ego or something.

    Wrong about what again? Like for real, what was I wrong about? To learn from our mistakes? You think that's not important? How can I be wrong about something as obvious as that?
    Except while you're claiming now that your point has been that it's important to learn from the past (which is true, but irrelevant to the discussion at hand) all along? In your initial post: you just stepped in to co-sign someone who was claiming that Blizzard is "erasing history." It comes off suspiciously like a motte-and-bailey.

    All I see is that you argue just to argue.
    And an ad hominem to go with that motte-and-bailey!

    My point was perfectly valid, and is something that people understand.
    "It's important to learn from the past" is a valid if irrelevant point. "Blizzard is erasing history" is not a valid point. And you stepped in with an endorsement of the latter claim, first tried unconvincingly to front like you were being somehow misrepresented by trying to rationalize it with a Godwin, and then tried to change your tune.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-15 at 10:07 PM.

  11. #1351
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    The hell I disagreed that it's important to learn from mistakes; but thanks for admitting that you're in no position to accuse others of "missing the point."
    "It's important to learn from the past" is a valid if irrelevant point.
    Except while you're claiming now that your point has been that it's important to learn from the past (which is true
    When you are criticizing my point, even if you agree with it, how do I then miss your point if it got nothing to do with what I wrote? I always claimed what you wrote here, how could you possibly misread it in the first place??
    "Blizzard is erasing history" is not a valid point.
    I didn't talk about that.
    And you stepped in with an endorsement of the latter claim,
    No, I did not. Where did I do that? Point it out please. I actually didn't really read your discussions, I just read menog's post and absolutely agreed with what he wrote. Which is important. You just admitted that. So, I am still wondering on how you came to that conclusion? Menog's post didn't mention Blizzard.

    I also asked you if you knew what you replied to. It's clear that you did not, but you did mention somewhat of it, which is why I am trying to spin my head around what you are really debating here? If you agree with that statement on its own, why are you spinning this into something its not?
    first tried unconvincingly to front like you were being somehow misrepresented by trying to rationalize it with a Godwin, and then tried to change your tune.
    My tune has been the same. You however misunderstood what I wrote. Which is pretty clear if you read the two last quotes I added from you here, which was NEVER my initial point.
    And an ad hominem to go with that motte-and-bailey!
    That's not an ad hominem. You literally have proven that you do argue to argue since you just wrote you agreed with what I wrote in the first place. However, with the tone you have had towards me, then my so called "ad hominem" which is just a disguise for trying to spin this out of proportion, it is a justified observation.

    You can't make this shit up. It's funny that you call me out on ad hominems and that I try to win something, when you do the exact same thing yourself. Just that I never called you on it. Because its irrelevant.

    And we have now used several post to argue about something you actually agree with, even if you mocked me(see, ad hominems) several times about it as. Now you just suddenly turned and say "no I didn't disagree with learning from history is important" which was my only point.

    Good waste of time I guess.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  12. #1352
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    When you are criticizing my point, even if you agree with it, how do I then miss your point if it got nothing to do with what I wrote? I always claimed what you wrote here, how could you possibly misread it in the first place??
    Either I'm "criticizing your point," or your point has been "we should learn from the past" all along. Not both. Make up your mind.

    And, at any rate: "we should learn from the past" would only be relevant if one were trying to argue that the line changes are an example.

    I didn't talk about that.
    Don't be coy. You quoted someone's claim to that end and agreed with it.

    No, I did not. Where did I do that? Point it out please. I actually didn't really read your discussions, I just read menog's post and absolutely agreed with what he wrote. Which is important. You just admitted that. So, I am still wondering on how you came to that conclusion? Menog's post didn't mention Blizzard.
    Y'know...if you're genuinely unaware of the exchange that had been going on between said poster and @Relapses, that's where I made an actual mistake. At any rate: that poster (who has also compared being disagreed with to genocide; but that's its own can of worms) was crying "censorship" on the altered/removed lines, and playing the "tearing down after-market Confederate participation trophies is erasure of history" card. (Well, not that exact example, although it came up in the discussion.) If you didn't know the whole story: I'm entirely willing to apologize for presuming that you did.

  13. #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    When you are criticizing my point, even if you agree with it, how do I then miss your point if it got nothing to do with what I wrote? I always claimed what you wrote here, how could you possibly misread it in the first place??

    I didn't talk about that.

    No, I did not. Where did I do that? Point it out please. I actually didn't really read your discussions, I just read menog's post and absolutely agreed with what he wrote. Which is important. You just admitted that. So, I am still wondering on how you came to that conclusion? Menog's post didn't mention Blizzard.

    I also asked you if you knew what you replied to. It's clear that you did not, but you did mention somewhat of it, which is why I am trying to spin my head around what you are really debating here? If you agree with that statement on its own, why are you spinning this into something its not?

    My tune has been the same. You however misunderstood what I wrote. Which is pretty clear if you read the two last quotes I added from you here, which was NEVER my initial point.

    That's not an ad hominem. You literally have proven that you do argue to argue since you just wrote you agreed with what I wrote in the first place. However, with the tone you have had towards me, then my so called "ad hominem" which is just a disguise for trying to spin this out of proportion, it is a justified observation.

    You can't make this shit up. It's funny that you call me out on ad hominems and that I try to win something, when you do the exact same thing yourself. Just that I never called you on it. Because its irrelevant.

    And we have now used several post to argue about something you actually agree with, even if you mocked me(see, ad hominems) several times about it as. Now you just suddenly turned and say "no I didn't disagree with learning from history is important" which was my only point.

    Good waste of time I guess.
    Don't waste your time with that debate lord. He is still butthurt because I ignored him like 20 pages ago. Some people are really that petty. And also he twists everything and blatantly lies to try to win internet points.

  14. #1354
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    Don't waste your time with that debate lord. He is still butthurt because I ignored him like 20 pages ago. Some people are really that petty. And also he twists everything and blatantly lies to try to win internet points.
    Sadly, it's a common thing on forums nowadays that one thing have to mean something else than whats actually written.

    For some reason it can't just mean that learning from the past is important. It's all it says.

    And for what it's worth, I agree with the post you wrote. It's crucial imo to have our history, good and bad, in our minds. Always.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  15. #1355
    Time to bring bullying back, these fucking retards have had enough say in society.

  16. #1356
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Sadly, it's a common thing on forums nowadays that one thing have to mean something else than whats actually written.

    For some reason it can't just mean that learning from the past is important. It's all it says.

    And for what it's worth, I agree with the post you wrote. It's crucial imo to have our history, good and bad, in our minds. Always.
    I find that little weirdo's assertions hilarious, considering that I was the one to ignore them as a waste of time and energy after they proved to completely lack either self-awareness, basic reading comprehension, or (as that latest post shows) good faith. I didn't even know or care that they were the one to start all of this until you dropped their name. At any rate: if you want to see who's actually lying here, feel free to trace back the discussion between them and @Relapses; suffice to say that if they posted anything reasonable, or even anything that looked reasonable out of context, it was a rare anomaly. (And I'll gladly offer evidence of their invocations of Godwin's Law, in the bargain. Not to mention how they're also just plain wrong on at least one glaringly obvious count.)

    Still waiting on your answer as to whether or not you were unaware of the exchange preceding your entry into the discussion, by the way. And still entirely willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you were. No matter what you may hear from people whose feelings I've hurt: I'm not actually particularly fond of flame wars.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-16 at 03:04 AM.

  17. #1357
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    To an extent, yes. But how on earth do devs respond to feedback when almost 100% of it is "your game sucks get better."
    I'd argue they have more than enough feedback from their content creators, raiders, internal testing teams, streamers and other influencers. The issue here, to me, is that they purposefully don't make changes; and / or they have other priorities, sadly, and things are left in half-baked shambles to get the product out the door.

    It's probably both of these.

    Like - how many times has, in the last few expansions, game systems be put into place just to consume your time or pad things out. Then, subsequently (Months / A year later), removed or superseded with an accelerated progression path that makes it a smooth ride from start to finish. Not only that, but when mechanics (Raid, Class, PvP, etc.) are introduced and then even a random ass 20k sub streamer can point out the flaws (At times)... I don't know. What's Blizzards excuse to all of this? I'd really love to pick the brain of their game design leads and see why this shit doesn't get fixed or is put into place on purpose.

    Because it's clear to me that there are developers who really care about the game and want it to work. Then there are the grunts every place has (Which is fine), and the actual problem actors with influence in the company (Old and new, mind you).

    ---

    Also irrelevant to this quote: I honestly don't think censoring / removing / changing things that are their own - and I mean very strong and independent 'identity' to be a good or a well thought out thing. Like McCree from Overwatch - no one, and I mean no one gives a fuck who he is named after. Show me how many people who know McCree, then the dev who he is named after. 99% or more will just say it's McCree / Matt Mercer, that's it. He's his own thing and that's why changing things out of the blue like this doesn't do anything. This kind of evaluation that they even consider changing his name shows volumes of ignorance on the developer's part, or pandering to their legal teams.

    Because, whether people like to accept the real world reason these changes are happening or not - it's still a game company. At the end of the day these changes are ultimately allowed by the company through the leads who help run the show. And they aren't doing it for us - as I said before. They're doing it for themselves and their legal teams, covering their asses so to speak. Which again, as previously mentioned, more power to them.

    As someone said before me - communities don't change very well due to time. They stay the same, and that also means all of these changes are being made with a community who isn't even about that type of thought processes. Look at League and other companies who've tried to change things around and be more inclusive or approachable by all genders, nationalities, religions, etc.. Fuck, look at THIS forum and see how many people are the same from ten years ago, or more.

    There are a lot of people still being dickweeds in-game and on other chat platforms. Even with heavy AI monitoring, it just masks it. And that's a huge part of it too. What's the point of masking things when everything around it still exists in the original environment it's built upon. Granted this makes everyday play feel nicer, but let's be real: Those very same people exist and just aren't typing. They instead foster it in other communities that build up said games fanbase. Same shit, different platform. The solutions I've seen every game company do just mask the reality of their fanbases which - fine, it works. But I don't want anyone admitting these things are actually doing anything if the community itself hasn't really changed.

    --

    TL;DR Changing things because of a few hurt feelings (No matter how validated they are) is a very coarse way to correct your product. There are MUCH better ways to do this, and still keep the original contexts of what they're changing and appease both sides. Like honestly, if people are genuinely getting upset at things like Finkle Einhorn, then, unfortunately - they have much bigger problems than playing a video game, that also upsets them, which needs to be resolved, that isn't the game developer's responsibility. And, before someone assumes dumb shit, I'm all for inclusiveness and opening your doors (So to speak) to everyone. That's a great policy any game and company should have.

    But there are nuances which can be lost on a lot of people because of enflamed egos, bruised ones, or just down right rotten. On both sides, and on both the dev team and fanbase. Mental problems are heavily prevalent in these kind of issues and areas of the community / web.

    Anyways.

    Proactive development, not reactive. One is a ground-up approach to these things, the latter is band-aiding things and hoping to god it sticks together.

  18. #1358
    I still would like to see people explain this one, from the Jade Witch quest in the MoP:

    Old: "What manner of creature are you? <The pandaren pauses, her eyes growing wide.> My... look at that gorgeous green skin!"

    New: "What manner of creature are you? <The pandaren pauses, her eyes growing wide.> My... I've never seen anyone like you before!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  19. #1359
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Changing things because of a few hurt feelings (No matter how validated they are) is a very coarse way to correct your product.
    Not sure how "hurt feelings" was your takeaway, but go off or whatever.

  20. #1360
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I still would like to see people explain this one, from the Jade Witch quest in the MoP:

    Old: "What manner of creature are you? <The pandaren pauses, her eyes growing wide.> My... look at that gorgeous green skin!"

    New: "What manner of creature are you? <The pandaren pauses, her eyes growing wide.> My... I've never seen anyone like you before!"
    Considering her whole love affair with the color green and hence turning things into jade...it is indeed baffling. But I think the green skin stuff is was done to avoid any copyright problems. Just being extra careful, mayhap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •