Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ...
33
73
81
82
83
  1. #1641
    Titan Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    11,294
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/cor...t=metal-hammer



    Edit: On the one hand, Chappelle is right when he says twitter aint a real place. However, on the other, twitter allows for infantilized and excessively sensitive adults to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2021-10-19 at 05:00 PM.

  2. #1642
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/cor...t=metal-hammer



    Edit: On the one hand, Chappelle is right when he says twitter aint a real place. However, on the other, twitter allows for infantilized and excessively sensitive adults to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.
    You’re correct. The right wing spends a lot of time on Twitter, and expends a lot of time trying to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.

  3. #1643
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/cor...t=metal-hammer



    Edit: On the one hand, Chappelle is right when he says twitter aint a real place. However, on the other, twitter allows for infantilized and excessively sensitive adults to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.
    I mean, I sincerely doubt you'd be complaining about public pressure being put on a corporation in a way that you agree with...

  4. #1644
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean, I sincerely doubt you'd be complaining about public pressure being put on a corporation in a way that you agree with...
    Said it before, and the I'll say it again: The same people who break out the most condescending and contemptuous of suppression techniques when the designated undesirables put a foot down? They tend to go mysteriously silent when...ahem, the usual suspects demand to be exclusively pandered to at everyone else's expense. Quite telling.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-19 at 10:23 PM.

  5. #1645
    Scarab Lord SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    4,216
    I think this is the longest I've seen a news thread active on MMO-C. damn near 3 weeks straight of yelling and screaming and trolls trolling trolls.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  6. #1646
    Well atleast /insult still works.

  7. #1647
    god shoot me back to the 80's when humour was accepted and the world was fun .... it's permanent winter all those snowflakes around us ...... if we continue like this the human race is doomed !

    this text below is spot on but i fear that if we continue to go down this road, " a good laugh put in context in the timeframe it is set in" will never happen again and we will all be sour grapes.....

    Eventually, humor is and always will be a social concept. Its impact on changing the attitudes of human society become more and more evident every day as its exposure in our lives constantly grows. The Internet, the TV, the newspapers are filled with countless shapes of comic humor; we watch and read more and more funny things with no serious conclusion that they’re actually shaping our lives, one way or another. The unbiased deliberation of numerous controversial topics that hadn’t been done so earlier has opened the opportunity to positively alter our delusional understandings towards certain issues. It’s going to take a while longer before people start accepting this self-imposed role of humor, but the positive changes are greater and more evident every day.

  8. #1648
    Quote Originally Posted by Donncorleone View Post
    god shoot me back to the 80's when humour was accepted and the world was fun .... it's permanent winter all those snowflakes around us ...... if we continue like this the human race is doomed !
    this continuing to be in the context of a video game only makes ya'll look like the snowflakes here.

  9. #1649
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this continuing to be in the context of a video game only makes ya'll look like the snowflakes here.
    And there's also, y'know, the basic absurdity of portraying putting a foot down as "weakness," while portraying slippery-slope catastrophizing, lashing out, and demanding to be exclusively pandered to at everyone else's expense as "tough."
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-20 at 09:06 PM.

  10. #1650
    Quote Originally Posted by Donncorleone View Post
    god shoot me back to the 80's when humour was accepted and the world was fun .... it's permanent winter all those snowflakes around us ...... if we continue like this the human race is doomed !

    this text below is spot on but i fear that if we continue to go down this road, " a good laugh put in context in the timeframe it is set in" will never happen again and we will all be sour grapes.....

    Eventually, humor is and always will be a social concept. Its impact on changing the attitudes of human society become more and more evident every day as its exposure in our lives constantly grows. The Internet, the TV, the newspapers are filled with countless shapes of comic humor; we watch and read more and more funny things with no serious conclusion that they’re actually shaping our lives, one way or another. The unbiased deliberation of numerous controversial topics that hadn’t been done so earlier has opened the opportunity to positively alter our delusional understandings towards certain issues. It’s going to take a while longer before people start accepting this self-imposed role of humor, but the positive changes are greater and more evident every day.
    Calls people snowflakes, then thinks the world will end if the changes in the video game he's playing endure. Right...
    Last edited by Valkyrst; 2021-10-21 at 10:51 AM.

  11. #1651
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I think this is the longest I've seen a news thread active on MMO-C. damn near 3 weeks straight of yelling and screaming and trolls trolling trolls.
    I know, its glorious.

  12. #1652
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Calls people snowflakes, then thinks the world will end if the changes in the video game he's playing endure. Right...
    I'm telling you; it's Eco's paradox in action. (Not to be confused with Popper's paradox, although the two are often found in concert.)
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-21 at 05:09 PM.

  13. #1653
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    I'm telling you; it's Eco's paradox in action. (Not to be confused with Popper's paradox, although the two are often found in concert.)
    I know right. Snowflakes but some weirdly influential and powerful Snowflakes that are capable of heralding the apocalypse. Who needs the Old Gods when you have Snowflakes!

  14. #1654
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    "I give myself a Dutch oven pedicure every night. I've got no foot fungus at all. My toes are pristine."

    lmao I didn't know this joke even existed.
    Too bad it's not a thing for me. Nail fungus is my worst dream I've been treating this stupid fungus for five months now... What the doctors didn't prescribe... Drops, ointments, pills - none of it helps. penlac gave me some results, but it's still not what I would have wanted. Maybe you can tell me something? A little off-topic, if you'll excuse me.
    Last edited by nasikas733; 2021-11-01 at 11:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •