Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, it's not. Nobody is hurt by this issue, and his outrage is not proportionally to the changes made. More than likely, he would have never even noticed this, if it weren't announced.
    You and I have different opinions about outrage. I wouldn't call people using free time to meaninglessly post on MMO-Champion as "outrage". That is a term reserved for media pundits to describe the three citizens who send them an email about Donald Trump/Joe Biden being on their TV too much. You are overreading this situation and how people are reacting. You don't get to decide whether someone is caused pain or not caused pain. Just as you cannot prove damages to people by removing these lines, you can't prove the damages caused by these ingame lines that the Devs are saying are problematic either.

And now you've hit it. If he wouldn't have noticed it....why announce it? Ahhhhh....for those juicy karma points right? And THAT is the REAL issue. There are no brownie points to be had in this. No one was asking for these to be removed, and now Blizzard announces they are removing them because they are "problematic" even though as you say, no one would've noticed? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT FOOLED BUDDY! They jobbed you! Now you're shilling for their PR team! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    We actually use them quite a lot in raid.
    To do what?

Is this some weird thing for RP guilds?

I think the last time I saw people spamming that in a raid (or in a city), it was probably 2007.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a strawman, it's my argument. The outrage is not proportional to the impact.

Since you still refuse to answer, my guess is this is simply manufactured outrage on your part.
    it is a weak strawman, you are even saying "this outrage", i never said im outraged, i literally said i could get mad, but im not, im just sad that this changes happened, the reasons behind then and the people doing it.

your lame ass point does not hold ground either, mythic raids and gladiators are made for few people, never made part of my game, but i would not like if it was removed either

Another way to justify your position using the harmless behavior of others framed to look "wrong". You are a spinster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    You and I have different opinions about outrage. I wouldn't call people using free time to meaninglessly post on MMO-Champion as "outrage". That is a term reserved for media pundits to describe the three citizens who send them an email about Donald Trump/Joe Biden being on their TV too much. You are overreading this situation and how people are reacting. You don't get to decide whether someone is caused pain or not caused pain. Just as you cannot prove damages to people by removing these lines, you can't prove the damages caused by these ingame lines that the Devs are saying are problematic either.

And now you've hit it. If he wouldn't have noticed it....why announce it? Ahhhhh....for those juicy karma points right? And THAT is the REAL issue. There are no brownie points to be had in this. No one was asking for these to be removed, and now Blizzard announces they are removing them because they are "problematic" even though as you say, no one would've noticed? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT FOOLED BUDDY! They jobbed you! Now you're shilling for their PR team! Amazing!
    Well, their outrage is clear. I can present the this thread as evidence. I got called a moron, because I thought the outrage was blown out of proportion.

I'm not overreading anything. People are pulling out their burner accounts and bot accounts left and right to talk about this.

13% of your total comments on this site, are about this.

That's my point. This is your outrage.

I already explained why they announced it... to pretend that they are making changes, without making any meaningful changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Square has dabbled in self censorship to appease the West, and Yoshi-P has made some worrying statements. Plus whoever manages FFXIV's twitter is also likely converged. Nothing blatant in the game, though.
    Like what?

As for the twitter, I haven't really seen anything too worrying.

'member the time when not everybody got offended by everything?
    today it's like you breath and someone is offended by that

Well, their outrage is clear. I can present the this thread as evidence. I got called a moron, because I thought the outrage was blown out of proportion.
    Imagine discussing your feelings on an internet thread as being "outrage". LMAO. You seriously can't describe this issue without using hyperboles and false equivalencies.

Take it easy struggler, maybe the next 50k posts will be more logically sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it is a weak strawman, you are even saying "this outrage", i never said im outraged, i literally said i could get mad, but im not, im just sad that this changes happened, the reasons behind then and the people doing it.

your lame ass point does not hold ground either, mythic raids and gladiators are made for few people, never made part of my game, but i would not like if it was removed either
    You clearly are, because it is definitely making you pissed off at such a minor chance.

This isn't like taking out a mythic raid. This would be like them changing the line that a random NPC said in Stormwind. Does it change the game in any real way? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

You are a sad individual.

I guess Blizz could remove the killing of mobs and bosses, causes too much violence.

Another way to justify your position using the harmless behavior of others framed to look "wrong". You are a spinster.
    That's a weird argument, considering I thought getting rid of the emotes was stupid and pointless.

I'm not outraged that they existed, and I'm not outraged that they are gone. It's something that I never even thought about whilst playing.

To do what?

I think the last time I saw people spamming that in a raid (or in a city), it was probably 2007.
    Just for fun, specially with the transmog toy.

Imagine discussing your feelings on an internet thread as being "outrage". LMAO. You seriously can't describe this issue without using hyperboles and false equivalencies.

Take it easy struggler, maybe the next 50k posts will be more logically sound.
    it is outrage, because people are still screaming at me, because I said it's not a big deal.

Clearly, it's a big deal to you guys, and it's taken up almost 15% of your total post counts. Think about that, it bothered you so much, that an account that is 3 years old, is now using this thread as its primary talking point in its posts.

That's a weird argument, considering I thought getting rid of the emotes was stupid and pointless.

I'm not outraged that they existed, and I'm not outraged that they are gone. It's something that I never even thought about whilst playing.
    "My guild still uses them"

"Is this some weird RP guild thing?"

You totally belittled his statement by framing his activity as "weird" and an "RP thing".

You seriously have no idea what you say do you lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No man, it's literally just you posting a wall of text because someone removed a sex joke from a game. There are no major issues of any sort here that impact the gameplay in any significant way. They are removing things most people never even seen, but things which may be seen as inappropriate in such a game by some people. No one loses here. You are either unaffected or you are happy. Unless you want to tell me you're playing WoW to read sexual innuendos uttered by female dwarves then yeah, you lose here.
    I don't think you know what a 'wall of text' is. It's usually text that's not break apart as to be illegible and often appears as one massive run-on sentence. You're probably too young to know that though and don't remember the days of BBS which would explain your attitude towards the situation.

You lack vision and an understanding of the forest from the trees but that's ok. You'll learn as you get older. The wonderful thing is... I won't have to do a thing. Here's what happens. Blizzard will do some other stupid stuff, the story will get plainly stupid. You'll be angry, super angry. You'll throw your tantrums, probably earn temp bans. Then you'll get sad. Not because of the bans but because a game you loved doesn't exist anymore. The newer folks will mock you because this is now their game and what they like. You'll get angry again, they'll get angry. You'll exchange words, you'll find something new to entertain you for several years. The cycle will repeat with the newer folks.

People like you generally can't understand criticism of things you like. You view life in black and white, as most young folks do. As you get older you'll learn nuance.

Where you once said mocked anything critical you then transition to "well it could be even better if A, B, and C happened" -- now you are the critical one. Not out of hate but out of interest in making a product better. You'll find you are in my shoes and the newer people are in your shoes. Incapable of handling criticism.

It's ok though, it's the cycle of life. It's like a kid throwing a tantrum saying "you don't understand! you're too old to understand!" and the parents go "Ok little Billy, ok" as they remember the older times of being naive.

It's ok. You'll understand one day too.

Just know.. I don't hate you and am not bitter. I've been there too.

Ah, to be young again...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just for fun, specially with the transmog toy.
    I mean, sure...

Luckily for you guys, it can still be done.

I just used the /e and typed things myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    You clearly are, because it is definitely making you pissed off at such a minor chance.
    i said, "man, those changes does not even make me mad, just sad"

you: look, he is pissed, he is mad, he is outraged!!

like i said, you are making a strawman out of ihis lol

This isn't like taking out a mythic raid. This would be like them changing the line that a random NPC said in Stormwind. Does it change the game in any real way? Nope.
    to me is the same thing, i don't do mythic raid., in fact, i done those emotes more than i raid mythic in my life.

Here's what's next:

All 1600+ ingame items that contain the words "sword", "staff", "shaft" and "rod" will be renamed to remove any sexual connotations from them.

All bags will be renamed to "containers" for the same reason "sacks" were renamed.

Twin Peaks battleground to be renamed to "Battle Of Opposing Base Stations" to remove anything suggestive about its name.

"My guild still uses them"

"Is this some weird RP guild thing?"

You totally belittled his statement by framing his activity as "weird" and an "RP thing".

You seriously have no idea what you say do you lmao.
    See, more outrage... this is continuing to prove my point.

I raided for about 12 years, and saw lots of random shit. I don't know if I ever recall people spamming /flirt in raid chat.