Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    What did they change in Diablo 2? surprised I haven't heard anything if there was any changes aside from LAN/TCP/IP getting canned.
    The "midget" from the opening cinematic is no more. Also the fetish from Act 3 (Small dudes with big knifes) are no longer dudes. They got purged just in case someone could get ofended. Let's hope gnomes stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Seems like freedom of speech is dead apparently.

And I thought diversity is good and everyone is an equall and stuff like that.
    I mean... its weird to talk about freedom of speech and censorship in the same breath. Don't carry water for satan I doubt you will appreciate the pay.

MMO-C has terms of service. You very literally are not allowed to say what you want. Reading is allowed. So read the TOS.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this is just silly if they are going to do this they need to remove /e since I can do /e <characters name> <insert anything you want> and people will see that as an emote. I'll use a very drastic and derogatory example /e gocarts violently rapes you and spits on your whimpering corpse. These other emotes are in comparison much much less worse than my example.

If you will accused for harrasing women employees in your game company....no problems....remove flirts joke and swerring from your product.
    PROBLEM SOLVED, HANDS AND CONSCIENCE CLEAR!!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    The "midget" from the opening cinematic is no more. Also the fetish from Act 3 (Small dudes with big knifes) are no longer dudes. They got purged just in case someone could get ofended. Let's hope gnomes stay safe.
    The fetishes were never people they have always been demons.

For any one wondering about the change.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Honestly this is just silly if they are going to do this they need to remove /e since I can do /e <characters name> <insert anything you want> and people will see that as an emote. I'll use a very drastic and derogatory example /e gocarts violently rapes you and spits on your whimpering corpse. These other emotes are in comparison much much less worse than my example.
    The oposing faction cant see that stuff tough

I auto filter out anybody online who complains about "muh free speech, muh censorship11!!". OT, this is a stupid change. Really nothing to say about it, but it is sad to see Blizz in this state and the fact that so many devs seem to think this is good for the game.

Freedom of speech is meant to limit the government. Not small businesses.

What you're thinking is communities that want curated speech and potentially encouragement of Double Speak.

It's a dumb move, though certain movements have long since declared war on humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's a dumb move, though certain movements have long since declared war on humour.
    After they have done sanitizing the game i would bet money that they will be going after Character/Guild names next. Gonna be fun to watch all this unfold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I don't think that's fair. I support the lgbtq community and such but I don't see how any of these changes have anything to do with them. It's just changes made by some Public relations person that's honestly doing more harm than good for the game. That being said it's funny that they're removing all these 'bad' jokes/flirts but still let people ramble on with covid-19 conspiracy theories in trade/general chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I don't think that's fair. I support the lgbtq community and such but I don't see how any of these changes have anything to do with them. It's just changes made by some Public relations person that's honestly doing more harm than good for the game. That being said it's funny that they're removing all these 'bad' jokes/flirts but still let people ramble on with covid-19 conspiracy theories in trade/general chat.
    It’s just a half baked move to placate people instead of actually solving problems. Basically the same thing politicians do all day long. Misdirection. Distraction. Lazy policy making.

Only Blizzard can kill WoW and they are doing a damn fine job. Slow down or there won't be 2 expansions after SL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    After they have done sanitizing the game i would bet money that they will be going after Character/Guild names next. Gonna be fun to watch all this unfold.
    They have been force changing character/guild names for over 10 years.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They have been force changing character/guild names for over 10 years.
    Not over the totally innocuous shit that is suddenly highly offensive now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not over the totally innocuous shit that is suddenly highly offensive now.
    They have been you just had to be reported a few times and even tame names would be force changed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    The oposing faction cant see that stuff tough
    no but are all of the emotes only designed for the other faction to see? It seems to me that they are pruning anything that might be considered offensive regardless of faction interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Being a 10 year poster who spends too much time on MMOC does not allow them to practice targeted harassment and nor does it mean they are right/wise since that is what you're implying.

Additionally, pronouns and LGBT do not have anything to do with the removal of the /flirts and /jokes. That poster (and you) are only looking for a minority scapegoat....like usual.
    Only in the snowflake liberal world of leftist is it ok for someone to attack men and blame men for everything, but when someone does the same thing and pins someone's mental state on their sexual beliefs then they are attacking minorities and using them as scapegoats.

I'm sure if that twitter was a white cis male attacking females in multiple posts and they had a npc named after them you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dude thats so not fair they renamed my character I've had since Vanilla!"
    "What was his name?"
    "Bigdiqenergy"
    (Insert Shocked Pikachu here)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything