Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    aka~ c a p i t a l i s m !
    Is this an attempt at a “gotcha” moment? If it is, it makes no sense in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Is this an attempt at a “gotcha” moment? If it is, it makes no sense in this context.
    not a gotcha for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Having a principled stance you then censor for money means you have no backbone
    having principals doesn't make you money, funny how that works.

You realize other countries censor things as well, right?
    Do you seriously equate those cases to china outright censoring anything related that promotes homosexuality as...normal?

Like please, if you're the kind of person that believes that *nothing* should ever be redacted, go ahead, but don't equate the removal of something like a too gory scene or a cigarette to a goverment censoring anything which "promotes" any sexual orientation outside of heterosexuality.

15+ Year Old Account
    not a gotcha for you.

- - - Updated - - -

having principals doesn't make you money, funny how that works.
    Yes, I'm well aware people do not live up to the standards they set. Not sure what your point is.

Yes, I'm well aware people do not live up to the standards they set. Not sure what your point is.
    what's your point? to just complain about things you already know to be true?

Man, i wish. I'd love a more balanced approach to western media rather than the woke talking points in everything these days
    The fact that you keep using the word ‘woke’ unironically is kinda pathetic, you know.

15+ Year Old Account
    what's your point? to just complain about things you already know to be true?
    My original point was dont expect anything from company that's in china's backpocket

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The fact that you keep using the word ‘woke’ unironically is kinda pathetic, you know.
    Ok, but am i wrong, or..?

My original point was dont expect anything from company that's in china's backpocket
    except Blizzard has already been doing this for years now and it hasn't affected the game for western audiences... AT ALL.

except Blizzard has already been doing this for years now and it hasn't affected the game for western audiences... AT ALL.
    Careful, the poster you're replying to is running out of convenient buzzwords to cope with the fact that the world has changed without their consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw people posting about whether they keep the “slutmogs” or not. Then I also saw people posting about non binary and/or trans characters added to the game.
    THEN…my mind went to combining these 2 and I think it would be amazing to see males walking around in the bikini armor, and seeing female characters given the male variants for the same pieces.
    Let the male and female characters have access to all of the hair styles as well.
    Yes Please. #Equality
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Careful, the poster you're replying to is running out of convenient buzzwords to cope with the fact that the world has changed without their consent.
    You're right. China has gotten more strict in the last few weeks so we may see even less lgbt characters now. The pendulum always swings back, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    "Anyone." Not "anything." No one is being "excluded" or attacked by the removal of fart and jack-off jokes—even if it is a dumb decision which has nothing to do with the actual issues. I'd say "you tried," but it'd be a lie.

If that wasn't just an attempt to cover your ass: your wit is tepid at best and you don't have a point.

Did you miss the part where I found the jack-off jokes funny and their removal dumb and irrelevant, or are you deliberately and disingenuously ignoring it in order to tilt at some "snowflake" caricature in lieu of arguing? I'm the bitch who wanted female worgen to say "it's technically true, but call me that and I'll bite you," for hellsakes.

Which literally no one is doing in this discussion. At most, they're saying "I'm sure there's a reason for this that we're not privy to;" more often, they're saying "well, that was irrelevant; are they going to address the real issues now?" There are, however, plenty of people acting like the removal of the jack-off jokes is the end of the world; and if that's not "crying," you are holding a blatant double standard. Also: you've added a relative privation fallacy to your reductio ad absurdum.

I guess some people just can't grasp that not everyone needs to make a federal case out of a few lines being removed from a video game, even if they don't personally approve of the decision.
    If you actually looked up the definition of things before spewing them out of your mouth then clearly you could tell that the only one trying to cover their ass is you.

Also you weren't even the person I said that was "crying" in the first place but with how combative and dismissive of people you are I think I was wrong with who the actual person crying was and apologize to the original person I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Yes Please. #Equality
    Yep. Women should get fully shirtless options too.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-10-13 at 09:04 PM.

I just fail to see what the problem is here other than appealing to china is always inherently bad. even though that's too little too late when China is your top trading partner...

- - - Updated - - -

You're right. China has gotten more strict in the last few weeks so we may see even less lgbt characters now. The pendulum always swings back, doesn't it?
    that's china's problem.... like if they want to ruin their own cultural influence on the world by their own hand then let them lol.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-13 at 09:06 PM.

In a word, yes.

I don't see how blaming China for problems that are exclusively those of a Western game development company produces any worthwhile conjecture. Combined with your repeated insistence to admonish progressive changes which impact nobody as "woke," I'm led to believe you're not actually thinking very hard about your criticisms and are instead blaming whatever perceived boogeyman you can for things which you have no control over.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just fail to see what the problem is here other than appealing to china is always inherently bad. even though that's too little too late when China is your top trading partner...

- - - Updated - - -

that's china's problem.... like if they want to ruin their own cultural influence on the world by their own hand then let them lol.
    It's a great litmus test on wether i can see if people stick to their principles or not. If not, i don't need to care what they think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    In a word, yes.
    Non substance arguments that prove nothing are my favorite

all this talk about "qualifications" yet no one has at any point quantified or explained what that's supposed to mean in practice. especially in regards to creating and maintaining a video game. keep in mind there is you know, a lawsuit that happened where one of the complaints was the people WHO WERE QUALIFIED for a promotion didn't get one, because reasons.
    Yeah...as far as those assertions are concerned: there always does seems to be a correlation regarding candidates' perceived "qualifications" and factors irrelevant (or rightfully irrelevant, anyhow) to such (and it wouldn't be P.C. for me to go into further detail), doesn't there?

Speaking of the U.S., one of the most egregious ones was making the lesbian characters in Sailor Moon sisters or cousins (can’t remember as I never watched the show but just heard about it).
    Cousins. And just to make it doubly facepalm-worthy: they left in a scene with them kissing in silhouette, and the dub added up to "that's totally not Haruka; that's Michiru's ex-boyfriend/off-screen boyfriend." (I mean, Michiru is technically canonically bi, and therefore could technically have ex-boyfriends; even so.)

Yes, you are wrong. "Woke" is Black Vernacular referring to awareness or alertness within a very specific context; y'all basically use it to simultaneously call someone a "snowflake" and "uppity."

I don't see how blaming China for problems that are exclusively those of a Western game development company produces any worthwhile conjecture. Combined with your repeated insistence to admonish progressive changes which impact nobody as "woke," I'm led to believe you're not actually thinking very hard about your criticisms and are instead blaming whatever perceived boogeyman you can for things which you have no control over.
    Once the rhetoric in question comes into play, you can pretty much rest assured that literally all of that is going to be par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Do you seriously equate those cases to china outright censoring anything related that promotes homosexuality as...normal?

Like please, if you're the kind of person that believes that *nothing* should ever be redacted, go ahead, but don't equate the removal of something like a too gory scene or a cigarette to a goverment censoring anything which "promotes" any sexual orientation outside of heterosexuality.
    That’s their government. We don’t have to agree with it, and we definitely don’t have to like it; but, that’s what they censor and don’t allow. As far as normalcy, that is normal for their government. Maybe in a year+ or more it won’t be and more countries will come to be more equal in their views on homosexuality, and other things, and this won’t be an issue. As it stands now, China censors these things and if a company wants to sell products there it needs to censor and edit those products to meet China’s governmental views.
    The comparison was made to show that something one country does doesn’t always equate to how other parts of the world conform to. It wasn’t made to equate the censorship to being equal in weight and/or merits between the types of censorship.
    Also, as pointed out, the U.S. even censored a lesbian relationship in a children’s cartoon

15+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't i admonish a group of people that hold contradictory views? My criticisms are removing jokes and paintings is dumb because these self proclaimed sex positive lefties are the same as ring wing evangelicals.

I bring up china because those that chase its money by removing woke things they tout is hilarious to me and show they're just grifters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post

Yes, you are wrong. "Woke" is Black Vernacular referring to awareness or alertness within a very specific context; y'all basically use it to simultaneously call someone a "snowflake" and "uppitty
    Ah, i see, i see. So words can't change when used colloquially by other people then?

Why wouldn't i admonish a group of people that hold contradictory views? My criticisms are removing jokes and paintings is dumb because these self proclaimed sex positive lefties are the same as ring wing evangelicals.
    see, this right here is just you doubling down on not knowing what those terms mean. like it's so absurd to think "being sex positive" has literally anything to do with a TEEN rated video game. unless the whole point of WoW was to promote promiscuity and sexual freedom. is it? is that what the point of Warcraft is???