Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I suppose. Personally, I've never seen them say as much. It just seemed like a random collection of that different devs found problematic and so they removed it. I've not seen any elaboration that what they've removed had anything to do with things former devs created.

Perhaps. Important to remember that we was brought on board pretty late into vanilla WoW's development. He's not nearly as much of a cornerstone to the game that people think he is.
    Well not the exact words I’d say this counts as then saying as much.
    imagine a world in which everyone agreed that the trash should be taken out but they get upset when you clean up the trash's residue afterwards. if you're going to clean up shit, get the lysol and disinfect. otherwise it still stinks.

really don't understand people sometimes.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/trulyalie...072785411?s=20

And I don’t know about you’d but I’d say working on a game for 16 years would qualify as a corner stone for a 17 year old game.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's funny, because in my experience as a gay guy the least likely people to rush to my defence when it matters are those overly concerned with policing language...whereas those who swear like sailors and embrace crude humour are in actuality much more likely to offer up meaningful assistance.

It's almost as if the people policing such things are, in fact, out of touch individuals paid far too much and living in comfort whereas those they criticise are, often, people who live lives that make them a little rougher around the edges than those seeking to 'police' them.
    Superb false equivalences and anecdotal information. I can happily counter that by saying that embracing crude humour and swearing like a sailor does not include running around saying homophobic shit for ‘lolz’. If it’s something you’ve normalised, that’s on you. As far as ‘policing’ is concerned, do you think I run around double checking what everyone says? Hint: no. But if people try and rationalise shitty behaviour, yeah. I’ll call them out.

‘BUT HE NICE GUY IN METULL!’
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-10-19 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Outside of work being the key bit. The issue at play is that the innuendos in the game quite possibly stemmed from behaviour AT Blizzard.

Which is the issue being played out in the company, right? Sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
    I imagine that is bullshit, most if them are movie/pop culture references.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The best thing about people saying this is not a thing and people dont really care. Every single thread about wow actual changes, patch notes, events, dont break 5000 views. This one is on its way to break 100000 lol. People dont care though

Superb false equivalences and anecdotal information. I can happily counter that by saying that embracing crude humour and swearing like a sailor does not include running around saying homophobic shit for ‘lolz’. If it’s something you’ve normalised, that’s on you. As far as ‘policing’ is concerned, do you think I run around double checking what everyone says? Hint: no. But if people try and rationalise shitty behaviour, yeah. I’ll call them out.
    Watch out. Try to dispute that guy, and he'll show you exactly how "rough around the edges" he is.

By which I mean: he'll lament how soft everyone else is nowadays, disparage you, and flounce.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    The best thing about people saying this is not a thing and people dont really care. Every single thread about wow actual changes, patch notes, events, dont break 5000 views. This one is on its way to break 100000 lol. People dont care though
    the really clickbaity thing about these changes is how politically charged it can get, it devolves in an us vs them thread, were people are extremely concerned about either censorship (lol, this isn't even close to actual real world censorship) or blizz suddenly pandering to minorities (hint: it's not, blizz has included all kinds of minorities already in a game were there's already some weird inter-species relationships from the start). And then there's the anti hate speech/PC crowd getting all worked up about the right wing/edgelord posters, which devolves into almost facebook levels 'no U!' circles. Lot's of labeling and fingerpointing to go around, but the contents of the changes themselves, or blizz's reasoning for them aren't all that relevant it seems.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/cor...t=metal-hammer

Edit: On the one hand, Chappelle is right when he says twitter aint a real place. However, on the other, twitter allows for infantilized and excessively sensitive adults to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2021-10-19 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Edit: On the one hand, Chappelle is right when he says twitter aint a real place. However, on the other, twitter allows for infantilized and excessively sensitive adults to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.
    You’re correct. The right wing spends a lot of time on Twitter, and expends a lot of time trying to put pressure on corporations to enact changes aligned with their own predispositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

I mean, I sincerely doubt you'd be complaining about public pressure being put on a corporation in a way that you agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean, I sincerely doubt you'd be complaining about public pressure being put on a corporation in a way that you agree with...
    Said it before, and the I'll say it again: The same people who break out the most condescending and contemptuous of suppression techniques when the designated undesirables put a foot down? They tend to go mysteriously silent when...ahem, the usual suspects demand to be exclusively pandered to at everyone else's expense. Quite telling.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-19 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the longest I've seen a news thread active on MMO-C. damn near 3 weeks straight of yelling and screaming and trolls trolling trolls.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Well atleast /insult still works.

god shoot me back to the 80's when humour was accepted and the world was fun .... it's permanent winter all those snowflakes around us ...... if we continue like this the human race is doomed !

this text below is spot on but i fear that if we continue to go down this road, " a good laugh put in context in the timeframe it is set in" will never happen again and we will all be sour grapes.....

Eventually, humor is and always will be a social concept. Its impact on changing the attitudes of human society become more and more evident every day as its exposure in our lives constantly grows. The Internet, the TV, the newspapers are filled with countless shapes of comic humor; we watch and read more and more funny things with no serious conclusion that they’re actually shaping our lives, one way or another. The unbiased deliberation of numerous controversial topics that hadn’t been done so earlier has opened the opportunity to positively alter our delusional understandings towards certain issues. It’s going to take a while longer before people start accepting this self-imposed role of humor, but the positive changes are greater and more evident every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Donncorleone View Post
    god shoot me back to the 80's when humour was accepted and the world was fun .... it's permanent winter all those snowflakes around us ...... if we continue like this the human race is doomed !
    this continuing to be in the context of a video game only makes ya'll look like the snowflakes here.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    this continuing to be in the context of a video game only makes ya'll look like the snowflakes here.
    And there's also, y'know, the basic absurdity of portraying putting a foot down as "weakness," while portraying slippery-slope catastrophizing, lashing out, and demanding to be exclusively pandered to at everyone else's expense as "tough."
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-20 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donncorleone View Post

this text below is spot on but i fear that if we continue to go down this road, " a good laugh put in context in the timeframe it is set in" will never happen again and we will all be sour grapes.....

Eventually, humor is and always will be a social concept. Its impact on changing the attitudes of human society become more and more evident every day as its exposure in our lives constantly grows. The Internet, the TV, the newspapers are filled with countless shapes of comic humor; we watch and read more and more funny things with no serious conclusion that they’re actually shaping our lives, one way or another. The unbiased deliberation of numerous controversial topics that hadn’t been done so earlier has opened the opportunity to positively alter our delusional understandings towards certain issues. It’s going to take a while longer before people start accepting this self-imposed role of humor, but the positive changes are greater and more evident every day.
    Calls people snowflakes, then thinks the world will end if the changes in the video game he's playing endure. Right...
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-10-21 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I think this is the longest I've seen a news thread active on MMO-C. damn near 3 weeks straight of yelling and screaming and trolls trolling trolls.
    I know, its glorious.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Calls people snowflakes, then thinks the world will end if the changes in the video game he's playing endure. Right...
    I'm telling you; it's Eco's paradox in action. (Not to be confused with Popper's paradox, although the two are often found in concert.)
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-21 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    I'm telling you; it's Eco's paradox in action. (Not to be confused with Popper's paradox, although the two are often found in concert.)
    I know right. Snowflakes but some weirdly influential and powerful Snowflakes that are capable of heralding the apocalypse. Who needs the Old Gods when you have Snowflakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    "I give myself a Dutch oven pedicure every night. I've got no foot fungus at all. My toes are pristine."

lmao I didn't know this joke even existed.
    Too bad it's not a thing for me. Nail fungus is my worst dream I've been treating this stupid fungus for five months now... What the doctors didn't prescribe... Drops, ointments, pills - none of it helps. penlac gave me some results, but it's still not what I would have wanted. Maybe you can tell me something? A little off-topic, if you'll excuse me.
    Last edited by nasikas733; 2021-11-01 at 11:53 AM.