On the default response-and-thread-lock of moderators regarding the infraction system

The mods and admin of this place should realize that not all people need an explanation on how the infraction system works; it is very clear to many of us that it works with an accumulation of infraction points that may overlap in time and they can be contested and so on and so forth; the point is many of us want to discuss the infraction system itself and it's extremely unhelpful not only to tell us again what we already know but also to lock the discussion later making it even worse since not only you told us what we already know and not only you didn't respond but you also banned further discussion.

The system is just broken compared to one-off ban systems even if the one-off ban systems are much harsher per-ban (e.g. the ElitistJerks forum of the past); it is broken because you effectively give the electric chair to people that jaywalked 10 times with this system; if you believe you are infallible and you do not accept any discussion on the matter then lock this entire "Suggestions & Feedback" forum because I don't know why it would exist in that case.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-10-04 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The mods and admin of this place should realize that not all people need an explanation on how the infraction system works; it is very clear to many of us that it works with an accumulation of infraction points that may overlap in time and they can be contested and so on and so forth; the point is many of us want to discuss the infraction system itself and it's extremely unhelpful not only to tell us again what we already know but also to lock the discussion later making it even worse since not only you told us what we already know and not only you didn't respond but you also banned further discussion.

The system is just broken compared to one-off ban systems even if the one-off ban systems are much harsher per-ban (e.g. the ElitistJerks forum of the past); it is broken because you effectively give the electric chair to people that jaywalked 10 times with this system; if you believe you are infallible and you do not accept any discussion on the matter then lock this entire "Suggestions & Feedback" forum because I don't know why it would exist in that case.
    The system is working fine and is set in motion by the ones operating the site. If you do not like getting suspended, then I suggest following the rules so your points do not accumulate too much to automatically send you into the gutter for a while. The system does not punish small mistakes, but repeat offenders. More points, more punishment. Simple solution; leave if you do not enjoy the system they employ.

Again, you compare the system with something not fitting it. I had to twist to make an example fitting yours, and it was viable, though still not making sense. Moderation and bans cannot be compared to criminal law - even so, jaywalkers can get a fine if they keep on as well.

But to set the final of this discussion, we still aren't permitted to discuss moderation, and I believe, that counts the system as well.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-04 at 12:17 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The best advice I give anyone about avoiding infractions here is to know what topics are outside the site rules, ignore obvious trolling, never discuss moderation actions in a thread (it's off-topic and always derailing), address the topic and the topic along in your reply. Do not get personal with anyone. Don't insult everyone you disagree with.

If everyone did that about 90% of the infractions handed out would go away.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Expecting even and balanced moderating from the ones in MMOC is just silly. They take the Subjective part of the rule guidance to an all different level.

Tip: Don't trigger mods and friends. Feel free to be an arsehole to basically everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried this thread, it didn't go well, and you got your queries answered (even if you did not like the answer). That is why the thread was closed and why this is getting closed too. I highly suggest not trying to start this thread a 3rd time.

Suggestions and Feedback is NOT for discussion of moderation, it is for suggestions like "Can we have a forum about Pizza?" or "I like this feature on another forum, can we have that here too?" and similar.

If you have questions or suggestions about moderation, you go to a global (blue) moderator with them and discuss the matter in PMs. These kinds of discussions NEVER work out in public.

CLOSED.