View Poll Results: How Healthy is WoW's Future?

Voters
597. This poll is closed
  • WoW's Future Has Never Looked Better.

14 2.35%
  • WoW Will Be Fine. Past it's peak, but good things are coming.

110 18.43%
  • WoW's in trouble. Things need to change.

315 52.76%
  • Maintenance Mode Isn't Far Off.

158 26.47%
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I understand why some people enjoy doing content on hardest difficulty, but I find it hard to believe that most people want that. Most people dont think "oh hey I gotta improve a whole lot now and get better so I can actually take part in this game". Nah, they just either quit the game or drop doing that part of the game.
    Pretty much this. I'd wager most people aren't logging into a videogame as a self-improvement project, they want to kill some bad dudes and get some shinies out of it in a reasonable timeframe. Building the entire game around the tiny % that gets Glad or WF first and foremost is something I just don't get, especially when it's seasoned with mindless !@#$ that no one ever asked for *glares at Choreghast*, not in the current implementation anyway. Is really Snoreghast and Korthia what passes as "casual content" in Ion's mind these days? Oh dear...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TovarishMayor View Post
    Wow try tries to give you choices. See covenants soulbinds legendaries talents. But 85% of people pick the best build based on guides
    85% my ass, there was some database floating aroun MMO-C in 9.0 (who knows how accurate, but its not like we had any better) that shown depending on spec 28-84% people chosen the "best" covenant, in total it was somewhere around 55-57% for "the best"...
    and thats completely ignoring power is not the only thing people consider... (jeez i wonder why druids had mostly nightfae or paladin kyrian at the time)
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-10-12 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Well if WoW dies, MMO-C forums are gonna be a wasteland. We don't want ded forums, do we?
    MMOC is already effectively dead. The first page of this subforum actually only has 1-3 active threads per day. And really sometimes just that one. I've seen days where the 10.0 speculation thread is the ONLY one active. All other threads got 1-2 posts that day. And by active I mean a bunch of posts on the actual calendar day. Sometimes the first page fills up with fresh posts in all the threads, but its deceptive as its only 1-3 posts that day in those, so they really aren't active.

This place has way too many moderators. MMOC could assign each moderator a small list of posters to curate. Its really silly.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

wow is definitely in trouble, imo.

but after 16 years of uninterrupted subbed wow, and after the last few years, and after all the threads and opinions i read and heard the last few years, i am not that sure, that wow needs that HUGE changes.

its more of „going back to older concepts“ imo. because the most negative critics i personally have, my (old) guild(s) have and the most i read and heard, are

- the „systems“ (instead of content)
    - the treadmill (and the problem of „playing 2 mains or switching main“ aka the „high level alts“ problem)
    - the rng on top of rng
    - the bad story

the rest is a bit class/spec negativities, and a bit pvp negativities, that waves up and down from time to time. quests, dungeons and raids seems mostly safe.

that said: to me it seems that Blizzard dont have to do THAT much and dont need to reinvent the wheel from ground up, to bring wow back on traffic. imo they just need to invest a bit more, dont milk the cow by cheap shit to the absolute maximum and just focus again more on quality and older concepts. but it seems relatively easy, to „rescue“ wow. imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-12 at 04:29 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Currently in Twitch, 20k viewers in prime time EU. And the most important fact here, 8/10 of the top streams are from WoW Classic TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wow is definitely in trouble, imo.

but after 16 years of uninterrupted subbed wow, and after the last few years, and after all the threads and opinions i read and heard the last few years, i am not that sure, that wow needs that HUGE changes.

its more of „going back to older concepts“ imo. because the most negative critics i personally have, my (old) guild(s) have and the most i read and heard, are

- the „systems“ (instead of content)
    - the treadmill (and the problem of „playing 2 mains or switching main“ aka the „high level alts“ problem)
    - the rng on top of rng
    - the bad story

the rest is a bit class/spec negativities, and a bit pvp negativities, that waves up and down from time to time. quests, dungeons and raids seems mostly safe.

that said: to me it seems that Blizzard dont have to do THAT much and dont need to reinvent the wheel from ground up, to bring wow back on traffic. imo they just need to invest a bit more, dont milk the cow by cheap shit to the absolute maximum and just focus again more on quality and older concepts. but it seems relatively easy, to „rescue“ wow. imo.
    I tend to agree. Some new amazing *actual gameplay* system like how m+ was added in Legion can be great, but the game is very fun when they just let you play it. A focus on fun gameplay, raids, m+, arena and outdoors is enough. Just reducing all the obligatory treadmills that stop you from enjoying all of that will do wonders.

Honestly the game and the company seem to be just getting worse day by day. Blizzard needs a brand new AAA ip, and quickly. Wow 10.0 needs to be a home run mega hit out if the fate. Activision as well needs a new ip . Investors will start selling off fir greener pastures .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    MMOC is already effectively dead. The first page of this subforum actually only has 1-3 active threads per day. And really sometimes just that one. I've seen days where the 10.0 speculation thread is the ONLY one active. All other threads got 1-2 posts that day. And by active I mean a bunch of posts on the actual calendar day. Sometimes the first page fills up with fresh posts in all the threads, but its deceptive as its only 1-3 posts that day in those, so they really aren't active.

This place has way too many moderators. MMOC could assign each moderator a small list of posters to curate. Its really silly.

lol You really can't help but to take any and every opportunity to shit over a website that you can't help but continue to frequent and actively post on.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    lol You really can't help but to take any and every opportunity to shit over a website that you can't help but continue to frequent and actively post on.
    Im just telling it like it is. Chill out.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just telling it like it is. Chill out.

As am I. Go figure

As am I. Go figure
    OK, let me put it to you this way. You took my post personally, which is immature and nasty, as you decided to launch a personal attack on me for no reason. As I said, chill out. You are just gossiping and attacking people. If I was a mod, I'd just ban you right the fuck off the forum. Because you stir shit up.

Not looking great. Two dud xpacs in a row is taking a toll.

Most of us will give the next one a shot, but if it's just more of the same, I think the game might be in serious trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, let me put it to you this way. You took my post personally, which is immature and nasty, as you decided to launch a personal attack on me for no reason. As I said, chill out. You are just gossiping and attacking people. If I was a mod, I'd just ban you right the fuck off the forum. Because you stir shit up.

OK, so it's clear you got offended. Maybe this will help:

1.) Pointing out your usual posting "habits" and referencing them is not a personal attack. It's pointing them out and referencing them.If you feel attacked then change the way you post. If you feel attacked, address why you feel guilty enough of that. If you don't like people on a discussions forums reply to your consistent posting habits, post other things.
    2.) The only person who needs to "chill out" is yourself if you feel point 1.) is valid to you. Which it clearly is.
    3.) No need to try and misconstrue what I said as gossip, as your post history clearly shows otherwise. This is not smart of you to try and deny.
    4.) As I originally posted; you can't help but to shit on this website and the moderation, as once again... you added another dig at the moderation in this very reply. The only stirring up going on here is your incessant need to bring up the state of this website and moderation of this website in every other topic you choose to participate in.

Change the way you are, maybe you'll change the way people reply to you.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-10-12 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Well if WoW dies, MMO-C forums are gonna be a wasteland. We don't want ded forums, do we?
    Well they shoved it all in on Blizzard. They should have diversified two expansions ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread topic is not concerning the viability of the MMO-C website or to have a discussion about how moderator resources should be deployed. Don't derail the thread further.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    I tend to agree. Some new amazing *actual gameplay* system like how m+ was added in Legion can be great, but the game is very fun when they just let you play it. A focus on fun gameplay, raids, m+, arena and outdoors is enough. Just reducing all the obligatory treadmills that stop you from enjoying all of that will do wonders.
    yep. 100% agree. i always thought that wow as a platform has a huge potential.

you can choose to raid and do dugeons. fine. if you get bored, have time left and do not wanna play other games, or just wanna be in the World of Warcraft a bit longer, wow offers A LOOOOT of stuff. you can start doing PvP, or playing alts, or Pet Battles, or play the AH game and get rich as fuck, or farm, or do achievements, or do old content, collect tmogs, collect mounts, whatever…

so, why the game has to put someone, as a PvE player, into a treadmill? WoW is the LEAST game on earth, that needs this „cause of no game content alternatives“. wow has an absurd amount of options. there is simply zero need for a treadmill.

the only thing a treadmill, „systems“ and „rng on top of rng“ does, is to prevent (competitive) players, to have the freedom to use all the other options wow offers (this is also heavily true for just playing alts).

i often ask myself, why the hell Blizz invested all the years into that huge amount of options, when they then put the players into a treadmill, preventing them from using that options.

to me, such a game concept, makes zero sense. and i personally believe that A LOT of the complains in the last years comes out of that corners. but maybe thats just me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-12 at 08:27 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Not looking great. Two dud xpacs in a row is taking a toll.

Most of us will give the next one a shot, but if it's just more of the same, I think the game might be in serious trouble.
    Even worse when you consider that 3 of the past 4 were largely panned. I think Blizz is gonna have a rougher go for the next expansion cycle, between recent expansion quality and everything else.

OK, so it's clear you got offended. Maybe this will help:

1.) Pointing out your usual posting "habits" and referencing them is not a personal attack. It's pointing them out and referencing them.If you feel attacked then change the way you post. If you feel attacked, address why you feel guilty enough of that. If you don't like people on a discussions forums reply to your consistent posting habits, post other things.
    2.) The only person who needs to "chill out" is yourself if you feel point 1.) is valid to you. Which it clearly is.
    3.) No need to try and misconstrue what I said as gossip, as your post history clearly shows otherwise. This is not smart of you to try and deny.
    4.) As I originally posted; you can't help but to shit on this website and the moderation, as once again... you added another dig at the moderation in this very reply. The only stirring up going on here is your incessant need to bring up the state of this website and moderation of this website in every other topic you choose to participate in.

Change the way you are, maybe you'll change the way people reply to you.
    i always thought discussing moderation on MMOC is against the rules and results in a ban? maybe they changed that

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yep. 100% agree. i always thought that wow as a platform has a huge potential.

you can choose to raid and do dugeons. fine. if you get bored, have time left and do not wanna play other games, or just wanna be in the World of Warcraft a bit longer, wow offers A LOOOOT of stuff. you can start doing PvP, or playing alts, or Pet Battles, or play the AH game and get rich as fuck, or farm, or do achievements, or do old content, collect tmogs, collect mounts, whatever…

so, why the game has to put someone, as a PvE player, into a treadmill? WoW is the LEAST game on earth, that needs this „cause of no game content alternatives“. wow has an absurd amount of options. there is simply zero need for a treadmill.

the only thing a treadmill, „systems“ and „rng on top of rng“ does, is to prevent (competitive) players, to have the freedom to use all the other options wow offers (this is also heavily true for just playing alts).

i often ask myself, why the hell Blizz invested all the years into that huge amount of options, when they then put the players into a treadmill, preventing them from using that options.

to me, such a game concept, makes zero sense. and i personally believe that A LOT of the complains in the last years comes out of that corners. but maybe thats just me.
    I quite agree.

People don't want systems. They want WoW's core gameplay: dungeons, m+, mogs, raids, arenas and battlegrounds. Not all kinds of treadmill systems to boost MAU numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Currently in Twitch, 20k viewers in prime time EU. And the most important fact here, 8/10 of the top streams are from WoW Classic TBC.
    Typing 'World of' into the search bar doesn't even bring up WoW in the list of suggestions, lol. It's currently sitting at 24k compared to New World's 102k but that's probably to be expected for a new game.

https://twitchtracker.com/games/18122