View Poll Results: How Healthy is WoW's Future?

Voters
597. This poll is closed
  • WoW's Future Has Never Looked Better.

    14 2.35%
  • WoW Will Be Fine. Past it's peak, but good things are coming.

    110 18.43%
  • WoW's in trouble. Things need to change.

    315 52.76%
  • Maintenance Mode Isn't Far Off.

    158 26.47%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #541
    Remember, Blizzard never made any official announcement or fanfare when ceasing development of Diablo 3. They just pushed out the necromancer download, then radio silence, and then quietly moved Diablo 3 into the hands of the legacy team.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  2. #542
    Sylvanas is gonna be the lead again for the next three expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I think this is the main reason that made the top goblins hire an elitist jerk, actually.
    The elitist jerk is spending a lot of valuable dev time on elitist stuff, so that's not exactly a valid argument, is it?

  4. #544
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    31,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    The elitist jerk is spending a lot of valuable dev time on elitist stuff, so that's not exactly a valid argument, is it?
    That's the great contradiction of the game. Created to be an accessible alternative to other MMO's at the time (primarily Everquest) it's always had a tendency starting around Burning Crusade to want to play to the "difficult to master" part of the audience. Theory-crafting took over the game design years ago. Having a number of the top people from EJ managing teams and now the entire game was sort of inevitable.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  5. #545
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Right. But the ramblings of 100, mainly ex-, players on a fan forum is also not indicative of the quality and enjoyability of a game with millions of players...
    yeah i'm sure u have a better representation of wow community in ur head than this website...
    this website doesn't represent wow community yes, but it is the best presentation we have, the tyrannical censor-heavy forums since classic era is why i stopped posting there since TBC after getting ban because of the infamous idiotic blue answer "why we kill illidan - because he drop epix"
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  6. #546
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    That’s really odd, I’ve never heard anyone think religious people are causing any of the sanitation. Pretty sure it’s woke mob kowtowing. Last I heard religious people freaking out was a million years ago when they were burning Harry Potter books and that worked didn’t it?
    Late reply but yeah I was being sarcastic. Since it used to be the right wing religious who wanted to censor anything against their personal values and morals and the left would mock them for it. Times change and it’s reversed.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's the great contradiction of the game. Created to be an accessible alternative to other MMO's at the time (primarily Everquest) it's always had a tendency starting around Burning Crusade to want to play to the "difficult to master" part of the audience. Theory-crafting took over the game design years ago. Having a number of the top people from EJ managing teams and now the entire game was sort of inevitable.
    Imo its just the consequence of laziness. People want to avoid difficulty and the lazy choice is to make higher demands to fellow players so you have to work less yourself. Because too many think like that they end up forcing each other into meta to get accepted into groups. Top players never tried to dictate what the average player does, they merely provided the gun with guides and addons helping fellow minmaxers but the casuals took it and pulled the trigger on themselves.

  8. #548
    Wow try tries to give you choices. See covenants soulbinds legendaries talents. But 85% of people pick the best build based on guides

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Imo its just the consequence of laziness. People want to avoid difficulty and the lazy choice is to make higher demands to fellow players so you have to work less yourself. Because too many think like that they end up forcing each other into meta to get accepted into groups. Top players never tried to dictate what the average player does, they merely provided the gun with guides and addons helping fellow minmaxers but the casuals took it and pulled the trigger on themselves.
    Most people just want to play the game and have a good time. In the end, thats what this is - a game. Right now its a mathematical theorycrafted metaslaved to death game were you live or die on your rio/m+ score, what your class/spec is and wether or not you manage to play your class at 100% and never do one mistake at all(if you do, you suck donkeykong ass). Just look how SLs covenants, conduits and all that has been threated. People here went on meltdown cause they couldnt outright metaslave it, now you had choices. Choices that in the big picture dont really matter, cause most people really dont clear mythic raids or high m+ keys. This mindset is so weird, and Blizzard is highly to blame.

    Theres a reason why WotLK was very popular and Cata got alot of critique. One was highly accesible with straightforward casual friendly gameplay were you could play with whoever and have a nice time. There were also stuff to collect that wasnt hidden behind some insane high difficulty. The other tried to be hard(catering to good players, with guild/friends), and it tanked hard. Was a huge outcry.

    I understand why some people enjoy doing content on hardest difficulty, but I find it hard to believe that most people want that. Most people dont think "oh hey I gotta improve a whole lot now and get better so I can actually take part in this game". Nah, they just either quit the game or drop doing that part of the game.

    I have had so many friends quitting the game because of how dungeons have changed after m+. It turned into something very different than it always had been. Dungeons in wow has never really been difficult(bar early cata), and it seems a whole lot of people was fine with it.

    Yes, you can do easy mode in wow now to. But those instances drops shit gear and people dont want that, they want value of out theyre time.

    The easy answer to this is "git gud lul", and if thats the only answer, then yeah go ahead and see the playerbase keep on dumping. Catering to the Esport scene(that failed, is failing and will keep on failing) and those very few that bother with high m+ keys and mythic raids, is not what Blizzard should do.

  10. #550
    Well if WoW dies, MMO-C forums are gonna be a wasteland. We don't want ded forums, do we?

  11. #551
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,397
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I understand why some people enjoy doing content on hardest difficulty, but I find it hard to believe that most people want that. Most people dont think "oh hey I gotta improve a whole lot now and get better so I can actually take part in this game". Nah, they just either quit the game or drop doing that part of the game.
    Pretty much this. I'd wager most people aren't logging into a videogame as a self-improvement project, they want to kill some bad dudes and get some shinies out of it in a reasonable timeframe. Building the entire game around the tiny % that gets Glad or WF first and foremost is something I just don't get, especially when it's seasoned with mindless !@#$ that no one ever asked for *glares at Choreghast*, not in the current implementation anyway. Is really Snoreghast and Korthia what passes as "casual content" in Ion's mind these days? Oh dear...
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishMayor View Post
    Wow try tries to give you choices. See covenants soulbinds legendaries talents. But 85% of people pick the best build based on guides
    85% my ass, there was some database floating aroun MMO-C in 9.0 (who knows how accurate, but its not like we had any better) that shown depending on spec 28-84% people chosen the "best" covenant, in total it was somewhere around 55-57% for "the best"...
    and thats completely ignoring power is not the only thing people consider... (jeez i wonder why druids had mostly nightfae or paladin kyrian at the time)
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-10-12 at 04:08 PM.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Well if WoW dies, MMO-C forums are gonna be a wasteland. We don't want ded forums, do we?
    MMOC is already effectively dead. The first page of this subforum actually only has 1-3 active threads per day. And really sometimes just that one. I've seen days where the 10.0 speculation thread is the ONLY one active. All other threads got 1-2 posts that day. And by active I mean a bunch of posts on the actual calendar day. Sometimes the first page fills up with fresh posts in all the threads, but its deceptive as its only 1-3 posts that day in those, so they really aren't active.

    This place has way too many moderators. MMOC could assign each moderator a small list of posters to curate. Its really silly.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  14. #554
    wow is definitely in trouble, imo.

    but after 16 years of uninterrupted subbed wow, and after the last few years, and after all the threads and opinions i read and heard the last few years, i am not that sure, that wow needs that HUGE changes.

    its more of „going back to older concepts“ imo. because the most negative critics i personally have, my (old) guild(s) have and the most i read and heard, are

    - the „systems“ (instead of content)
    - the treadmill (and the problem of „playing 2 mains or switching main“ aka the „high level alts“ problem)
    - the rng on top of rng
    - the bad story

    the rest is a bit class/spec negativities, and a bit pvp negativities, that waves up and down from time to time. quests, dungeons and raids seems mostly safe.

    that said: to me it seems that Blizzard dont have to do THAT much and dont need to reinvent the wheel from ground up, to bring wow back on traffic. imo they just need to invest a bit more, dont milk the cow by cheap shit to the absolute maximum and just focus again more on quality and older concepts. but it seems relatively easy, to „rescue“ wow. imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-12 at 04:29 PM.

  15. #555
    Stood in the Fire Nak88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Huelva (Spain)
    Posts
    489
    Currently in Twitch, 20k viewers in prime time EU. And the most important fact here, 8/10 of the top streams are from WoW Classic TBC.

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wow is definitely in trouble, imo.

    but after 16 years of uninterrupted subbed wow, and after the last few years, and after all the threads and opinions i read and heard the last few years, i am not that sure, that wow needs that HUGE changes.

    its more of „going back to older concepts“ imo. because the most negative critics i personally have, my (old) guild(s) have and the most i read and heard, are

    - the „systems“ (instead of content)
    - the treadmill (and the problem of „playing 2 mains or switching main“ aka the „high level alts“ problem)
    - the rng on top of rng
    - the bad story

    the rest is a bit class/spec negativities, and a bit pvp negativities, that waves up and down from time to time. quests, dungeons and raids seems mostly safe.

    that said: to me it seems that Blizzard dont have to do THAT much and dont need to reinvent the wheel from ground up, to bring wow back on traffic. imo they just need to invest a bit more, dont milk the cow by cheap shit to the absolute maximum and just focus again more on quality and older concepts. but it seems relatively easy, to „rescue“ wow. imo.
    I tend to agree. Some new amazing *actual gameplay* system like how m+ was added in Legion can be great, but the game is very fun when they just let you play it. A focus on fun gameplay, raids, m+, arena and outdoors is enough. Just reducing all the obligatory treadmills that stop you from enjoying all of that will do wonders.

  17. #557
    Honestly the game and the company seem to be just getting worse day by day. Blizzard needs a brand new AAA ip, and quickly. Wow 10.0 needs to be a home run mega hit out if the fate. Activision as well needs a new ip . Investors will start selling off fir greener pastures .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    MMOC is already effectively dead. The first page of this subforum actually only has 1-3 active threads per day. And really sometimes just that one. I've seen days where the 10.0 speculation thread is the ONLY one active. All other threads got 1-2 posts that day. And by active I mean a bunch of posts on the actual calendar day. Sometimes the first page fills up with fresh posts in all the threads, but its deceptive as its only 1-3 posts that day in those, so they really aren't active.

    This place has way too many moderators. MMOC could assign each moderator a small list of posters to curate. Its really silly.

    lol You really can't help but to take any and every opportunity to shit over a website that you can't help but continue to frequent and actively post on.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    lol You really can't help but to take any and every opportunity to shit over a website that you can't help but continue to frequent and actively post on.
    Im just telling it like it is. Chill out.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Im just telling it like it is. Chill out.

    As am I. Go figure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •